Macross At New York Toy Fair

Harlock Fan

Hi, everybody, here is some news from International Toy Fair courtesy of Figures.com.

Figures.com Macross link

85.jpg

New 1/100 scale transformable Variable Fighters and 12" action figures.

Today at the International Toy Fair, Toynami revealed two new Macross assortments: their Macross 1/100 Scale Collection of Variable Fighters and a line 12" Macross action figures.

The Macross 1/100 Scale Collection will feature approximately 6" tall fully transformable figures that can be converted into Fighter mode, Battloid mode and Gerwalk mode. Each 5th panel window boxed figure will pack a wealth of accesssories and weaponary including missile clusters, gunpod rifle, and alternate hands. A display stand will also be included, allowing you to dynamically pose your Variable Fighter on in all three modes.

The first assortment, slated to hit retail this July for a SRP of 20-$25 each, will consist of:

* Roy Focker's VF-1S

* Hikaru Ichijo's VF-1A

* Max Jenius' VF-1A

Assortment 2, due this fall, will star:

* Hikaru Ichijo's VF-1J

* Milia's VF-1J

* Max Jenius' VF-1J

A third assortment this winter will round out 2006, with many more planned for 2007 and beyond. These will be distributer worldwide (except for Japan.)

In other Macross news, Toynami and PopBox Collectibles (who designed the flight suit and will help with distribution) have collaborated on a new series 12" action figures. Hiraku Ichijo will launch the series this April for a SRP $79.99. Each intricate figure in this series will star over 30 points of articulation, a detailed flight suit, dog tags, and a life-sized uniform patch; all packaged in a collector's window box. The next confirmed character to be released in 2006 will be Max Jenius.

Click the link below for a Macross image gallery tour.

Macross Photo Tour

Personally, the 1/100 mini Valkyries are just OK, nothing special, but the Hikaru looks AWESOME as it should for $79.99

So what is your thoughts?

Edited by Harlock Fan

Ouch!!, $25 for 6" figs. Nice box/package though (as usual from Toynami). Double Ouch!!!, $80 for a 12" man doll. Looks cool, but can't you get BBI or Dragon 12" figures for like $40? Macross item prices are just kicking me hard in my privates. Anyways, thanks for posting the news.

I am actually very surprised by this move. By the scale AND the price! I LOVE THE PRICE!!!! And I gotta say the sculpts are better than the MPC. Judging by the price (msrp tag says 19.99) and the size, these things DEFINITELY seem to be George Sohn's next plan in making the next HCM. See this time around the price is APPROPRIATE!!

I don't mind the swap parts since for me I will be playing with mine more than leaving them on their gear as much. I can only hope we get 10$ FAST pack and GPS-1 kits. If anything we now have a decent cheap form of toy crack! They look like 6" head sculpts smacked ontop of a bandai chunky monkey banprestoy hybrid lovechild for 20$ but with better proportions and sculpt than banpresto. So I like it!

If these were overpriced as in 40-50$(which I was going to assume) then I would have called BLOODY HELL but toynami really surprised me on this. I think this move is brilliant!

These don't hold a candle to yamato but for what its worth we are getting some decently priced toys by toynami to fiddle with in the office or desk.

And I gotta say I might like these more than the MPC.

Not a fan of the body, but the head sculpt is pretty decent on the Hikkie man doll.

The 1/100's are kind of neat, especially since they'd go well with the Yamato Monster. Were banprestos 1/100?

*Laughs at opaque cockpit.*

*Looks*

*Laughs again at swing bar.*

This toy would have been awesome like, 20 years ago.

The fact that Toynami is doing a DYRL figure still irks me (I know, I know) but I'll admit it doesn't look that bad.

I've been looking for something cheap to display on my desk here at work and at that price, those 1/100's might do the trick. Either that, or I'll just nab a 1/55 reissue.

Good scoop, Harlock.

TOYNAMI NOW THIS IS GOOD PRICING!!!!GREAT EVEN~!!! KEEP THINGS LIKE THIS AND MORE PEOPLE WILL BUY!

Come on guys you know a bunch of you would have bought MPC Voltron is it were 40$. I sure as hell know I would too!

And Noel, you little devil, do YOU have anything to do with this? Haha. You did work on the popbox Hikaru right? Something tells me you worked on this valk. And if you did, great price!!!

BTW I think the hikaru 12"er is nice but pricey. But certainly a lot cheaper than those hot toys figures..HOLY CRAP now THOSE are expensive fellas!

The Hikaru doll looks killer! Though it looks like the helmet is a no-go (especially because that's his uniform instead of a flight-suit).

Will be picking up the Hikaru. Probably not the valks. I can imagine getting the valks only if I were strapped for cash and didn't already have 1/48s!

H

is it possible to sue Toynami for ripping of Banpresto. It's almost an exact dupe down to the huge square beg in the arm to hold the arms together in fighter mode...

Does look better though. Some minor mods would make it killer.

I will NEVER own a mad doll....

Spacy, come on pare whether we boycott the toys or not, that litigation crap will still go on and really someone else is still gonna buy the toys. Look at that boycott we all allegedly did years back, did it make toynami cut back prices? Not really. MPC voltron still came out over 100$, and the alpha MPC's no matter how small, were still 80$.

What I say? Enjoy whats out there and buy what you want. I could care less about HG, I don't like them either, but the 1.100 is toycrack and decently priced at that. Id buy it! I mean for the price pare they don't really seem all that bad.

Does anyone know what scale the banprestos really were?

The more i look at this, the more i think these are tooled using some existing parts from the super poseable figures from a while back, only this time transformable...and they DID make armor for those too....HMMMM.

If anything we can get FAST packs, and GPS for REAL CHEAP for this line and still shove it in our suitcases on the way to work.

Looks like the banprestos (which no one but me likes) have been knocked off the list as the only PT small scale toys and now have competition. Will they counter this and make a higher grade version?

I like small collectible stuff. Hopefully these don't break in half when you touch them though. Does this mean we might see some 1/100 enemy mecha and destroids from toynami? One of the advantages of smaller stuff is the fun you can have making a scene, like the re-enactment of a battle or having many things at once. (this is why I love the micromachines cars) You can hold them easily too. Sure the banpresto looks like crap up close because of no detail, but from a distance they look good when they are in group in various dynamic poses.

If these turn out any good I will buy a few to go with the VB6. :D

Wouldn't mind seeing toynami make a PT Legioss and Tread in a similar sized scale.

Geez the vf1 market must be flooded like hell by now.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

"Man Doll"........................LOL, great phrase :D

I'm also very surprised about these 1/100 VF-1 toys. Man, they really came in under the radar didn't they.

Not sure if we really *need* (or want) yet another line of VF-1 toys though.

It will be intersting to see if they are really a copy of the Banprestos or a completely original Toynami design.

Still, they look fairly nice and if the reviews are good, I'll probably pick up a VF-1S just to pose with my 1/100 VB-6.

Graham

See that is why I didn't buy the superposables. I like a toy that transforms. IF they do what they've done to the VF1 to the Alpha fighters/legioss I will definately by buying those.

What they needed all along were toys that were not limited edition stuff that you leave in the box and never touch aimed at collectors, but cheap stuff that people can afford and the casual fans could buy to play around with but were PT. It will be interesting to see how durable they are though. This is toynami after all. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think they look like a cross of the Banprestos (swing bar), Takatoku 1/100, and Yamato 1/48 (weak attempt). Still I think I am going to get a few of these.

What sucks is that I was acually doing this and more to a 1/100 bootleg. Damn Toy-sucky beat me to it. :p

If it weren't for the solid cockpits, I'd definitely pick up a 1/100. My Konig Monster needs some company. But now I'll wait for the reviews. I'm not going to give $20 to Toynami for ripping off the Banpresto design and failing.

As for the Hikaru figure, I'd be tempred if he were in his TV uniform or either flightsuit. But I never dug the DYRL stockings\pants, too much Southern Cross there. :p