Macross At New York Toy Fair

Harlock Fan

:):) Not bad at all, I'll probably get them consider their cheapy price, the stand, and I definitely like that 6" size which go perfectly with my Transformers jets. Looks like another Roy VF1S for me......don't know why, I love the 1S model.

I'll pass on the doll.........never a doll fan......and that price is too pricey for my taste.

The next confirmed character to be released in 2006 will be Max Jenius.

368653[/snapback]

MAX!!! That's all I needed to see. Between these Toynami/Popbox figures, Sideshow's 1/6 Star Wars line, and Yamato's continued offerings, I am seriously going to be in financial trouble this year. :p

Oh, and I guess there are some small valks coming out, too... or something. Let's hear more about the 1/6 line, shall we? :D

6-inch transformable Legioss

Isn't the MPC a 6" Transformable Legioss? Pretty close at least and that's at 1/55 scale. If they went down to a 1/100 scale I'm pretty sure it'd be less than 4" tall. In fact, I'll bet Toynami's "Morphers" are pretty much 1/100 scale Alphas.

Anyone who wants 1/100 scale anything from MOSPEADA is not familiar with how small things in MOSPEADA actually were.

I would be so much happier if Toynami released 1/55 scale Zentraedi mecha but if all we get is 1/100 mechs that'd be better than nothing. Still, I'd say the odds are very slim. :(

Isn't the MPC a 6" Transformable Legioss? Pretty close at least and that's at 1/55 scale. If they went down to a 1/100 scale I'm pretty sure it'd be less than 4" tall. In fact, I'll bet Toynami's "Morphers" are pretty much 1/100 scale Alphas.

Anyone who wants 1/100 scale anything from MOSPEADA is not familiar with how small things in MOSPEADA actually were.

I mentioned before in my previous post that if they were to attempt the alpha they would need to upscale. But for now a casual fan who is not willing to pay MPC prices has no alternative for PT. All they have is a LE collector range of Alpha. What they need is a cheaper (no diecast) "toy". (MPC stuff is more collector stuff) If they have to make the size bigger, so be it. But when or if they do, I will be interested to see how it holds up against the Alpha MPC. (as an actual cheap, playable PT toy, not a display thingy which you pose and leave alone like a model kit with emphasis on details)

The more of these toys made, and the cheaper they are, the better and more chance of someone buying it, and not caring if it gets wrecked. (widely available and not limited) But because of the cheapness you are also more likley to buy a whole bunch. (like the gi joe or star wars action figure ppl who want to get all the characters)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Cool, a new valk for the display cases. This will help smooth out the line up. From Banpresto to Yamato in one gradual size transition. I find it a little bit scary that I will justify buying this toy with: It fits inbetween all the OTHER VF-1s that I already own. But the tommy Yune art with the Macross title under it is quite distressing. . . :(

The 1/100 feature a sleek "behind the cockpit" section (unlike the Masterpiece edition), nice panel detail, detailed gunpod barrel and (get a load of this), Kneepads! If their arms don't fall off your hands (like the Banprestos) and there's a destroids and enemy mecha line behind, I might buy the whole line. It would make a very nice display next to the Köenig. Do you think they plan on doing a Monster for this line also? (here's dreaming away :) ).

As for the Hikaru. I think the pricetag is a bit hefty, but hell, is the first Macross doll line ever! By the way: don't get surprised if they release a pilot set with helmet later on. That would explain the choose of the blue suit.

Good news is we have Macross goodness for years to come :unsure::lol:

Edit: When is the doll supposed to be released?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

As for the Hikaru. I think the pricetag is a bit hefty, but hell, is the first Macross doll line ever! By the way: don't get surprised if they release a pilot set with helmet later on. That would explain the choose of the blue suit. 

Good news is we have Macross goodness for years to come  :unsure:  :lol:

Edit: When is the doll supposed to be released?

369715[/snapback]

I hope that's the case.....and as long as they release each figure the correct height they're supposed to be I'll be happy.

Maybe they'll release a Misa figure in the future. Let's hope they go with the bridge uniform, but I wouldn't mind a flight suit version.

miki12.jpg

AGH!!!!!!

I could squeal like a little girl!

FINALLY someone makes a quality, smaller sized valkyrie!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy! Screw all the Toynami haters! This is my dream come true! :lol:

I know, I can't stand HG either. But Toynami is getting better and better. Their MPC Alpha is great, and it's way better than their VF-1. Now, this VF-1 looks even better than the MPC! I've always wanted a cheap, smaller, yet detailed VF, and this is exactly that! My only complaint is the solid canopy, but maybe they'll fix that before release.

I'm buying ALL of these! Six great-looking valks for $120-150?! Hell yeah!

So there's a swing-bar. Big deal! It's actually the lowest-profile swing-bar I've ever seen on a VF. And at least it's shoulders don't hang down like a giant NUTSACK in fighter mode like the 1/48!

Six inches is the perfect size for a VF in my opinion. Fits right in your hand. (Here come the dirty jokes...) Yet it's still detailed. Did you see the fighter mode pics? That thing is freaking beautiful!

If they make enemy mechas and Mospeada mechas in this scale I'm gonna freaking wet myself.

Edited by danth

It's amazing how much better this 1/100 looks compared to the MPC. I venture to say that the nose sculpt looks even better than the yamato 1/60. The 1As and 1Js will be nice.

Why has it taken toy companies so long to come up with an cheap VF-1 toy with a good-looking sculpt?? It's a 1/4-century old design for crissakes.

that puzzles me as well. I kind of hope toynami makes a new 1/72 MPC VF-1 that is cheaper than their overpriced 1/55 MPCs. Come on George, you KNOW you want this to happen...being as you love them HCM's so much...yes you do you do you do hoo!!!!!!!!

haha.

(Then again this is because I myself unfortunately never had an HCM and was wowed years back when I saw graham's pics of it in the toy section........damn that toy is so unique!)

AGH!!!!!!

FINALLY someone makes a quality, smaller sized valkyrie!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy! Screw all the Toynami haters! This is my dream come true!  :lol:

369896[/snapback]

I wouldn't be too quick to proclaim this a 'quality' toy before any of us have had any actual hands-on experience with the final production version.

While It looks nice in the photos and I wish Toynami all the best, their track record is less than stellar.

Graham

They look pretty well held together in those pics.

369360[/snapback]

Of course Toynami are going to make sure that the samples displayed at NY Toy Fair look good.

Let's hope the final production versions look as nice and are durable, stable have nice tight joints, don't crumble in your hands.... etc. But don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

Graham

If they make enemy mechas and Mospeada mechas in this scale I'm gonna freaking wet myself.

D'oh! Another one. You can't make MOSPEADA stuff in 1/100 scale... it'd be Teenie (your Alpha would be between 3 and 4" tall), the Invid Scout would be like 2". The MPC Alpha is about 6.5" tall and it's 1/55 scale.

Now I don't mean to harp on this like some sort of scale nazi but I think it's important to note because it significantly diminishes the propsects of seeing cheapy MOSPEADA goodies. The cheapies would have to be made in a very similar scale to the MPCs.

D'oh! Another one. You can't make MOSPEADA stuff in 1/100 scale... it'd be Teenie (your Alpha would be between 3 and 4" tall), the Invid Scout would be like 2". The MPC Alpha is about 6.5" tall and it's 1/55 scale.

Now I don't mean to harp on this like some sort of scale nazi but I think it's important to note because it significantly diminishes the propsects of seeing cheapy MOSPEADA goodies. The cheapies would have to be made in a very similar scale to the MPCs.

369995[/snapback]

IMO Toynami would probably aim for a similar height to promote line similarity rather than scale much like the Superposables weren't to scale.

I don't have a problem with 2" Invid scouts. I bet they could do a 4" Alpha as well. Look at all the Transformer planes that are about that size -- it's doable. The Alpha transformation isn't all that complicated.

As for a 1" transforming Cyclone...that would be a little tough. :lol:

AGH!!!!!!

FINALLY someone makes a quality, smaller sized valkyrie!!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy! Screw all the Toynami haters! This is my dream come true!  :lol:

369896[/snapback]

I wouldn't be too quick to proclaim this a 'quality' toy before any of us have had any actual hands-on experience with the final production version.

While It looks nice in the photos and I wish Toynami all the best, their track record is less than stellar.

Graham

369989[/snapback]

I'm only assuming a level of quality equal to the MPC Alpha, which is at least as high as the 1/60 Yammies. I think it's safe to bet that these will be tighter and sturdier than the Banprestos.

EDIT: Oh, Jenius, my MPC Alpha is 9 inches long. That's 1/55 scale. So a 1/100 scale Alpha would be 4.95 inches long. Height would be slightly under 3.5 inches though! (not including antenna)

Edited by danth

looks like it's the same rubbery plastic they used for the super poseables. I'd still rather keep shopping on ebay for a HCM.. or give my 1/60's the respect they deserve! ;)

369989[/snapback]

I'm only assuming a level of quality equal to the MPC Alpha, which is at least as high as the 1/60 Yammies. I think it's safe to bet that these will be tighter and sturdier than the Banprestos.

370033[/snapback]

The level of Quality on the MPC Alpha is definelity not as high as the 1/60 Yamato. The MPC Alpha's are lower. I have lots of 1/60 Yamato and I don't recall any of them being lemons straight out of the box. Yes, these might be sturdier then the Banprestos, but I'm not sure on Tighter yet, because Toynami is pretty well know for loose this and that.

But I'll still get one, because it's Macross :)

Edited by F360°

Hmmm. Wouldn't those 1/100 scale Valkyries actually look better beside Yamato's Q-Rau? I'm guessing they'd be about as tall as the Milia pilot figure.

Anybody got any idea how they plan to package option parts like FAST/Strike Packs or GBP Armor? I don't want to buy a VF-1S Roy in July, only to find out later that the only way I can get the FAST Pack is to buy it bundled with...a VF-1S Roy. :rolleyes:

Anybody got any idea how they plan to package option parts like FAST/Strike Packs or GBP Armor? I don't want to buy a VF-1S Roy in July, only to find out later that the only way I can get the FAST Pack is to buy it bundled with...a VF-1S Roy. 

That's a good point. I hope Toynami is aiming to beat Banpresto in that area too. Can anyone see any holes for fastpacks? :huh:

Hmmm... I'll read the reviews, if it doesn't fall apart when you look at it (which Banprestos invariably do), then I'd pick one up for my desk at work.

For $25, it could be a fun thing to tinker with while on the phone. Personally, I'd love a whole of affordable, low-price, small scale toys - if Toynami can build them so they aren't crappy.

It'd be a nice niche for them.

looks like it's the same rubbery plastic they used for the super poseables. I'd still rather keep shopping on ebay for a HCM.. or give my 1/60's the respect they deserve! ;)

370112[/snapback]

Rubbery? I only have one Macross SP, the Anime Expo exclusive Hikaru Strike, but the plastic is all hard plastic. Have you actually ever TOUCHED a SP?