There's this one... there's a point when the tumbleweeds were on fire but the guy shooting it turned around and ran away...

*snip*

Hehe, I'm like that kid in The Incredibles:

tumblr_lruvfdr7rO1qg95ipo1_500.gif

I guess I can say I learned somethin' new today. B)) I'm from an area where large scale brush fires are quite rare; and phenomenon like that are pretty much never seen.

Edited by reddsun1

:lol:

While the tornado in the movie is quite clearly a digital effect, the truth is the overwhelming majority (80%) of effects/stunts in Fury Road are real and practical, not CGI. While I know Mad Max is one of those film "sacred cows" for many of us, I truly believe we need to wait and see with this one. Some people are treating this like some Uwe Boll or Paul W.S. Anderson turd; I mean, come on, this is still George Frakking Miller we're talking about here. I think we can hold off a bit before declaring it the next "Crystal Skull."

Edited by Duke Togo

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

George Miller on where Fury Road falls within the existing franchise:

It’s sort of a revisit. The three films exist in no real clear chronology, because they were always conceived as different films… The way we all thought about it, is next Wednesday, all the bad stuff we see in the news comes to pass, where we have economic collapse and oil wars, water wars and stuff we didn’t even see it coming and we jump 45 years into the future and in a sense we go back to a dark age without rule of law.

So again, not a remake or reboot. This is simply another tale of Max (from who's poerspective, we don't know yet).

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen them, I'll still see it.

That's my point. If you've seen them you know what the whole deal is about, and there's no way you like those films and look at this one and say "no thanks." Well, unless you're one of those "No Mel = no Max" people, which I get.

I'm seeing it cause 1) mad max films are always fun, don't see why this wouldn't be 2) it looks better than than thunderdump which I've written off and 3) I have low expectations in Hollywood.

Doesn't break my heart in the slightest that Mel Gibson isn't in this in any shape or form and I can understand the reasons behind it.

I'm just looking for a popcorn flick and I know a few guys at work who are gonna join me.

I think perhaps some Mad Max fans see this latest installment as so over the top that it is more comic book "like" than Mad Max "like"........but under the current movie competition...this needs to be exponentially over the top...otherwise it would just be just another "Fast and Furious" movie set in the apocalyptic wastelands......the Mad Max franchise is nothing if not the ultimate car stunt spectacle.........if it can't reduce the stunts seen in Fast and Furious to "Sunday driving"....then what's the point? Mad Max movies set the bar on car chases/stunts.....I think this latest release seeks to reclaim that status....

I agree with the above statement. Show Mad Max to the typical movie watcher of today, and they'll generally agree that the original Mad Max movies are very plain, uneventful and generally boring. A new chapter driven on story alone won't cut it in this day and age.

Personally, being in my 30's, the desolation, danger, hopelessness and evil in a post apocalyptic world with only ghosts of its former machine and consumer based lifestyle is fascinating to me. A movie will have to be very loud and bright in order to distract the instagram/selfie generation from their phones; this latest installment looks to do just that, if only for a few minutes at a time...

I keep wondering if some of you have even seen the other Mad Max movies. 'Cause it doesn't seem like it.

The first one was an incredible film

The second one was a bad 80's movie, with no relationship to the first and I found mildly disappointing, and insulting to the first.

The third one, was a ridiculous action comedy that I wish I could unsee.

THERE IS ONLY ONE MAD MAX MOVIE TO ME.

This trailer looks like the second one plus the matrix, more than anything. I will see because I like DT, and I can tell he is excited. But Duke, expect the phone to ring when I am done. Either way we will need to discuss.

Mad Max is to the Road Warrior what Evil Dead is to Evil Dead II.....same movie just done better....(well, except for the Interceptor from the original Mad Max....a more bad ass car has never existed on the big screen).....

*snip*

"...She's meanness put to music and the bitch is born to run!" B))

Edited by reddsun1

• 2 weeks later...