B&W will (probably) never happen.

It defeats the purpose for the unique look Fury Road has among all the other Mad Max films - with the rich reds and blues that appear for many of the landscape shots in the film.

-b.

B&W will (probably) never happen.

It defeats the purpose for the unique look Fury Road has among all the other Mad Max films - with the rich reds and blues that appear for many of the landscape shots in the film.

-b.

The B&W Fury Road is George Miller's preferred version of the film, one he has hoped he'll one day be able to release. This version also has no dialog.

Edited by Duke Togo

It didn't win Best Picture because WB didn't support it early on. Probably the same reason why Miller lost out on Best Director.

Interesting fact: Fury Road tied for the most Oscar wins without snagging Best Director or Picture. What film did it tie? Star Wars.

Even more interesting since The Force Awakens didn't get anything in the Oscars :lol:

Even more interesting since The Force Awakens didn't get anything in the Oscars :lol:

I'm not sure how that matters. It's ok to love TFA and still recognize how magnificent Fury Road is. Or that Ex Machina's subtle and seamless visual effects were the best on the screen last year.

Being a Star Wars fan isn't a marriage; you don't have to forsake all others. I'm a cinephile, first and foremost.

Edited by Duke Togo

The B&W Fury Road is George Miller's preferred version of the film, one he has hoped he'll one day be able to release. This version also has no dialog.

Alright. I might be interested in a no-dialog version but the visuals (the vibrant colors in a post-apocalyptic world) are so much a part of what made Fury Road different and memorable.

Off-topic - I enjoyed TFA and didn't expect it to, nor do I care that it didn't win an Oscar. An Oscar win holds no merit on whether or not I like a movie.

-b.