New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

Maybe this is a sign of Yamato elaborating the 1/60 line. I wouldn'y be surprised if they release a YF-19 in the near fture. At least I hope so.

375021[/snapback]

That'll make my day!!

regardless of what they put for box art, I just wish they can strink the box sizes...

I wish the box design evolved as the valk design has...

Seriously, if they packaged these things in Battloid mode they could easily be in boxes half the size. I think Yamato is in bed with the shipping companies of the world...

375026[/snapback]

No, if you study the Yamato history in the Macross Plus toy packaging, the default battroid mode did not expose the toy to transformation problem during QA. As result, a lot of people had difficulty transforming to Fighter mode. You get people breaking Tab-B in the YF-19, hip bar and shoulder plate in the VF-11B, and so on. They wised up with the VF-1 line, packing the toy in Fighter mode.

I've not had a chance to go back through all the pages in this thread--forgive me if I ask a redundant question; but why oh why must the VF-0 toys be so danged expensive? The level of detail and coolness in the Yamatos is 2nd to none. But nearly $150US for a toy? Diz-amn! It's still just a toy! I know, the same gripes were heard before the intro of the 1/48 line--but c'mon Yamato. These high prices make it damn hard for some of us Macross fans to support you and obtain all the toys in your lines. I'd love to get more than one 1/48 VF-1, and get all the 1/60 VF-0's they'd ever make, but that's a lotta dough for some dang toys, ya know?

But enough of that. If these do well, can we expect the other VF-0 variants to follow in the 1/60 toy line?

I've not been able to see Mac 0, but I have seen some google vids using scenes from it. All I can say about the combat scenes is: whoa nellie! That was some nice shiz-nit! Roy Fokker is da man! But I have one problem. Just what is the reasoning in the story behind the existence of the SV-51 [i'm not crazy about that design anyway]? Now, the VF series and the Destroids, we know, are designed/introduced because exploration & study of the Macross lets them know that the next prospective enemy humanity will likely face will include giants. Why would the anti-UN need TF aircraft & mecha though?

No, if you study the Yamato history in the Macross Plus toy packaging, the default battroid mode did not expose the toy to transformation problem during QA. As result, a lot of people had difficulty transforming to Fighter mode. You get people breaking Tab-B in the YF-19, hip bar and shoulder plate in the VF-11B, and so on. They wised up with the VF-1 line, packing the toy in Fighter mode.

I can't say I agree with this logic at all. First, we're comparing apples to oranges. The 1/72s were flawed toys that broke easily (11B and 19 at least). Had they been packaged in fighter mode people would have broke them getting them into battloid mode or getting them back into fighter mode again. They were gonna break... the question was just when. The 11B in fighter mode would have saved it from some hip breaking within the packaging. The 1/48s wouldn't be broken in the same way at all. Had they been shipped like the original takas I think everything would be just fine.

I wish yamato usa will produce the macross toy line so it would be cheaper for us, like what they did with the garland thats going to have a US release. I have been scrolling through the pictures and found this http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...r-06-yamato.jpg check the lower part. There might be a vf-0a soon

I've not had a chance to go back through all the pages in this thread--forgive me if I ask a redundant question; but why oh why must the VF-0 toys be so danged expensive?  The level of detail and coolness in the Yamatos is 2nd to none.  But nearly $150US for a toy?  Diz-amn!  It's still just a toy!  I know, the same gripes were heard before the intro of the 1/48 line--but c'mon Yamato.  These high prices make it damn hard for some of us Macross fans to support you and obtain all the toys in your lines.  I'd love to get more than one 1/48 VF-1, and get all the 1/60 VF-0's they'd ever make, but that's a lotta dough for some dang toys, ya know?

But enough of that.  If these do well, can we expect the other VF-0 variants to follow in the 1/60 toy line? 

I've not been able to see Mac 0, but I have seen some google vids using scenes from it.  All I can say about the combat scenes is: whoa nellie!  That was some nice shiz-nit!  Roy Fokker is da man!  But I have one problem.  Just what is the reasoning in the story behind the existence of the SV-51 [i'm not crazy about that design anyway]?  Now, the VF series and the Destroids, we know, are designed/introduced because exploration & study of the Macross lets them know that the next prospective enemy humanity will likely face will include giants.  Why would the anti-UN need TF aircraft & mecha though?

376687[/snapback]

Edited by tank

tank that's the sculpt for the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0A Battroid.

But I'm pretty sure Yamato will release a TON of VF-0 variants.

Edited by UN Spacy

Shin's VF-0A has got to be the next version released in my estimation. It would involve the least modification. After that, we'd be really lucky to see a VF-0D. I would love to see them do the armor but I don't know how feasible that'd be. With the VF-1 the fast packs and armor can go on any number of variations of the VF-1... the GBP for the VF-0 could only go on the 0S and 0A.

Questions from those who watched Mac0 more recently than me:

1) Is there a CF VF-0 or would that be the same as Shin's VF-0A?

2) Were there 2 versions of the SV-51 or 3? I know DD had a blackish one, and the girl had a reddish one, but was there also a purple one?

Edited by jenius

Oh I see, sorry about that coz i wasnt sure :) thats why i said there might be one :) but yeah me too im also pretty sure that there will be alot of variants for the vf-0 lines and i also wish that they would do a sv-51 :)

tank that's the sculpt for the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0A Battroid.

But I'm pretty sure Yamato will release a TON of VF-0 variants.

377001[/snapback]

I think they only have two paint schemes on the jets

2) Were there 2 versions of the SV-51 or 3?  I know DD had a blackish one, and the girl had a reddish one, but was there also a purple one?

377029[/snapback]

Edited by tank

mmm, ivanov's SV-51 would be awesome... my dream valk at this point, followed by the YF-19 FP and VF-5000...

377073[/snapback]

The YF-19 FP, what ever happened to that!?!?

Yamato is coming out with Valks laft and right for a while now but seems to have abandened that project.

I wish yamato usa will produce the macross toy line so it would be cheaper for us, like what they did with the garland thats going to have a US release. I have been scrolling through the pictures and found this http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...r-06-yamato.jpg check the lower part. There might be a vf-0a soon

376987[/snapback]

Garwalk? :huh:

This wait for the late April/May release is killing me... and no new pics to satiate us  :(

377650[/snapback]

Yamato and the good folks in MW who took pictures, pretty much covered all angles of the vf-0s already. :)

I hope we get pics of the vf-0a soon, and possibly the vf-0d. that'll get people salivating some more...

When and if they bring out pictures of the yf-19..... I think I'll have a seizure.

Yamato and the good folks in MW who took pictures, pretty much covered all angles of the vf-0s already.  :)

I hope we get pics of the vf-0a soon, and possibly the vf-0d.  that'll get people salivating some more... 

When and if they bring out pictures of the yf-19..... I think I'll have a seizure.

377671[/snapback]

Exactly, I meant all the pics of the VF-0S that could have been taken have been already - except an overhead and bottom shot of the painted pre-production fighter B)) . I won't expect to see a Shin 0A until the 0S is released - unless Yamato continues their non-stop onslought of new products, without first testing the market for M0 goodies.

where can I pre-order the VF-0S 1/60? Anyone know? I live in Canada and i'd like to purchase this item. Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks all.  :)

snooze

378262[/snapback]

You can go to the "Where to Buy" section and look around there. Plenty places selling it at different prices. Check em all out and e-mail asking how much shipped to Canada.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=13

Neova has em for $135 before shipping here......

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=17819

I usually order from him.

Everyone has their own personal favorite place to get their Valks though.

Edited by fansubs2000

• 2 weeks later...
they need to hurry up or i will spend what i saved for this bird

383296[/snapback]

haha, same here, i already paid for one back in december, i have the $$ for the 2nd one, just trying not to touch it, hopefully, they'll ask for payment soon.

:lol:

Mr insider, cmon.....give us a sip of an update........need...update.....arkghh....

383189[/snapback]

There's not much more to say. We've seen the transformation, all modes and the final painted prototype. All we can do now is wait. Unless you count the box, which really doesn't matter, you'll be paying more attention to the Zero than the box. :p