New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

YES!!  So glad Graham has made up with Yamato... not gonna ask who you had to blow, but it's great news all the same. ;)

368794[/snapback]

dh-dec.jpg

now my Kanji sucks but... is that VF-0 in the bottom Left corner.... a VF-0J?

Edit: Nahhh, it looks like a S (but seeing a 0J would be nice (and some thing to extend more bang for Yamato's bucks)

Edited by pensives_wetness

now my Kanji sucks but... is that VF-0 in the bottom Left corner.... a VF-0J?

Edit: Nahhh, it looks like a S (but seeing a 0J would be nice (and some thing to extend more bang for Yamato's bucks)

368816[/snapback]

The picture in the lower left corner is the upcoming Wave VF-0S model, not the Yamato toy. There is already a thread on that in the model forum.

There is no such thing as a VF-0J.

Graham

I thought I was finished with these things. Dammit all.

Fast packs attach with magnets. That is badass. My burton snowboard pants have magnets on the storm flaps. I love magnets.

368821[/snapback]

So I guess you'll be attaching the FAST packs to your snowboard pants then. :p

Graham

I hope we get a ghost drone(which is cool since it can be used seperate OR in unison with the valk!), that not only has all the missle pods but also fixed pose hands for the VF-0.  This thing looks so awesome!!!

368889[/snapback]

Can you imagine what that's going to be like? You know they're going to do it-they have to.

-And we thought the GBP set for the VF-1 was exciting...

this is looking better with every picture...hope we see some customs come outta the MW factory once it's released :D

btw, i hope yamato will make a set of hands for those of us who loath the chicken hands...

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

I was going to preorder with TMP, but it looks like they have outsold their preorder allotment.

Though it's about $13 more then TMP, I went ahead and preordered through Big Bad Toy Store - http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/ - this morning.

I'm very glad Yamato went with 1/60th though it's a bit pricy.

There's also Samurai-Monkey. He's ordering another shipment when they are released, but he usually receives them and ships fast.

So anyone know what reputable site out there has the best price to pre-order the VF-0S?

368348[/snapback]

Rob, at Samurai-monkey.com. $160 shipped to the 'States.

Git yer hot VF-0!

368818[/snapback]

It might be stubby to enclose the tbar hip section and the turnable pitot tube.  It doesn't bother me really the only thing I could ask more is to have panel lines applied like they did on the old macross plus toys.  Once they went VF-1 they stopped pre panel lining.

369029[/snapback]

They panel lined the Low Viz. But I guess it's cuz it was limited. I wonder if they're gonna panel line the new ones.

God, I want this VF-0 so bad!

edit - oops, the ventral fin numbers are stickers.

Hey, I just noticed that with the nose and ventral fin numbers Tampo printed, almost all the other stickers can be obtained from the Takatoy 1/48 sheet, unless the scale difference is too drastic.

I'm not sure the nose needed to be so short and stubby for the pitot tube or swing bar receptacle. I'm sure it was done to make the battroid more proportional. One minor thing that irks me.

I do think that the cockpit/nose section overalll is closer to lineart than the 1/48's bulbous canopy - another feature that was not necessary and could have been easily corrected.

Edited by ghostryder

The VF-0 looks better every time new pics of it come out. When is it suppose to be released? Sorry for the question, I've been outta the Macross loop for a while... damn motorcycles! :D

I would love to see a finished product top shot, and compare it to the Hase model. I think Yamato got really close in the proportions, but maybe the nosecone is a bit too short/stubby?

369027[/snapback]

I think the wings on the Yamato are shorter too. Those are the sacrifices needed to make the thing look good in all modes. The only other option is to do the dreaded parts swapping ala the 1/100 VF-0.

I have to add though that this is really just a tiny nit-pick. I really think this toy rocks and rocks hard.

Well atleast they painted the missles foor the VF-0 <_< Most of us had to paint the missile tips and ends on our 1/48 TV series VF-1's I have yet to do the same for my VF-1A Cannon Fodder and my VF-1J Hikaru like what I did for the Max and Millia VF-1J's

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

April, although now that I've mentioned it we'll be jinxed and get it later...

369524[/snapback]

That's not necessarily a bad thing......

369735[/snapback]

I hear you. I can't keep up with all of the "mandatory purchasing" as of late...

Edited by myk