The DW books brought her out of E-Space, whether those are canon or not is up for debate. Also the woman in End of Time was suppossed to be his mother IIRC. Of course bringing back Romana would have an interesting side effect, with the Doctor married to River, and Romana the last female timelord, how would the doctor react, repopulate his race with Romana or stay faithful to River?

See that's where I don't feel like that was his mother. I don't think outside of Susan we've ever met another family member so how could that work? This woman just shouted Ramona to me and made ton more sense.

I agree Hikuro, but apparently RTD wrote her as his mother, and the other one kneeling with eyes covered as his father, and that is what they were called in the script, my guess some line was cut explaining who she was.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna call it - it won't be any of the names all the tabloids here have been speculating about. It will be someone largely unknown to the general public, though possibly someone who has been critically acclaimed for theatre or T.V. work but who - Who? - has so far escaped widespread notice.

You know, like the last three Doctors. :)

I'm gonna call it - it won't be any of the names all the tabloids here have been speculating about. It will be someone largely unknown to the general public, though possibly someone who has been critically acclaimed for theatre or T.V. work but who - Who? - has so far escaped widespread notice.

You know, like the last three Doctors. :)

Yer right. The polls never get it right....

You know one name I'm amazed hasn't come up is Benedict Cumberbatch (who I've long suspected must have been considered during previous rounds). I know his profile is much, much higher now but then the same could be said for Idris Elba.

Everyone seems to be hoping for Peter Capaldi, from the satrical comedy "The Thick Of It" - mostly because, rather childishly, we Brits want the Doctor to have, ahem, a way with words like Capaldis character Malcolm Tucker from that series... [1] :)

[1] Tucker swears. A lot. But its not just the words, no-one can string a sweary sentence together like Malcom Tucker...

Poor Clara... And before you say anything, I've watched every available episode from William Hartnell's era on up and this disappoints me.

1147542_10201194882610419_2106032435_o.j

I like how you can say that before anything is filmed, etc. Clairvoyant eh?

I like how you can say that before anything is filmed, etc. Clairvoyant eh?

Yep. I said the same thing about Smith's Doctor. I may be disappointed, but it will not stop me watching. Been a Whovian since I saw my first serial in 1977 and will continue to the end. However, I have never seen a jump the shark for Doctor Who image so I made one.

I'm looking forward to Capaldi. And the new story arc with John Hurt is intriguing. Since Moffat seems more inclined on connecting the new show with content from classic episodes, I find myself wondering about Hurt's in-between character.

Will he be a later regeneration of the Valeyard? The Great Intelligence mentions that aspect of the Doctor in The Name of the Doctor. I guess he could be another dark personality or something brand new. It will be exciting to see what the new show does with this idea.

Yep. I said the same thing about Smith's Doctor. I may be disappointed, but it will not stop me watching. Been a Whovian since I saw my first serial in 1977 and will continue to the end. However, I have never seen a jump the shark for Doctor Who image so I made one.

Wouldn't it make more sense to not say anything then? You've already been wrong once.

Fake BTW. Nothing "official" about Hurt's Doctor then......

....so it is. Damn I was suckered in by its pro-like-ness. Ah well, good fan job.

I just want November to come already so we can put this Hurt Speculation nightmare to rest.

Edited by Vepariga

Those that saw the BBc presentation on Saturday did anyone notice that the previous Doctors on the show ( Peter Davidson and Colin Baker) both appeared in Who as someone else before getting cast as the Doctor, just like Peter Capaldi, deliberate or just chance ??

I saw this connection before they actually shoved him on stag I'm guessing that part of it was just luck.

^^

I remember Colin Baker in Arc of Infinity. He also made an appearance on Blake's 7. I think both B7 and DW shared a pool of acting talent at the time since Terry Nation was involved with both programs. I missed what Peter Davison did beforehand, but I always thought Arc of Infinity was one of the better Davison episodes.

Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr. Who? I cannot imagine Dr. Who saying something like "Why don't you l**k my sw**ty b***s you f*t f**k!" but I guess that times can and do change.

I was hoping for Richard Aoyade, honestly.

Oh well, maybe next time.

I've not seen that before but it's fricking hilarious.

Malcolm Tucker is the new Dr. Who? I cannot imagine Dr. Who saying something like "Why don't you l**k my sw**ty b***s you f*t f**k!" but I guess that times can and do change.

Good thing Malcolm Tucker is only a fictional character and the person who played him is The Doctor then...

Those that saw the BBc presentation on Saturday did anyone notice that the previous Doctors on the show ( Peter Davidson and Colin Baker) both appeared in Who as someone else before getting cast as the Doctor, just like Peter Capaldi, deliberate or just chance ??

I saw this connection before they actually shoved him on stag I'm guessing that part of it was just luck.

Which story do you think Davison appeared in b4 becoming Doctor? (Cause there isn't one)

• 2 months later...

The BBC also announced an improved iPlayer and various upcoming digital TV projects (unrelated to Who) today; I suspect some wires have gotten crossed at the media over what the "big" announcement today would be, but at least it looks like theres at least some truth to the rumours...