Light Saber

How are the Master Replica scale lightsabers?

I can't bring myself to shell out $360 or so for a handle. The scale ones may be small but at least I won't feel bad if I waste some money on a couple. :lol:

If I went out and bought a couple of the Limited Editions, I think I'd have a fit later at how much I spent considering all the other things I could have bought with that money... :p

Hey I was just curious, those light sabers you find on walmart or gamestops websites....the Anakin and Vader ones that are 100 bucks....those worth the cash at all?  Can you mess around with them like you can with the Hasbro's? I was just curious...

yeah those are the FX sabers. you can swing away(not like a madman) and they make sounds. as BSU said, the new epi 3 FX sabers are a lot better than the older ones. the only thing that bothers me about them is that the blade doesn't come off.

;) Down the road, that will change.

For the simple reason I can go back in time ^_^..... :unsure:

Man...

you should take pic of the hilt, not the glowing stick 

Yeah well by the time I actually wanted to take that picture cause it was completely pitch black in my house, my friend had already left. So its kind of hard to take a picture by yourself when the digicam can't access its timer cause it doesn't have alot of power left.

I compared it to the Hasbro and I was shocked! The Hasbro while looks cool in its own little way is now dwarfed in detail and scale to this bad mofo in red. The hilt is more accurate in the FX one while the Hasbro is stubby and too long. The Hasbro's blade is also short by a good 3 inches or more and thick....the FX one is slim and sleek.

SFX wise the FX just kicks the shiznit out of Hasbro in the quality and the effects that are used.

I love waving mine around and its easier performing certain moves like twirls and jabs etc cause you feel the weight in the hilt and its slim enough you can grasp it with one hand while the Hasbro one is rather fat yet light cause its all plastic.

And best of all.....it only needs 3 AA's ><!!!!

I wondered about the 1995 pic too, but since the first FX saber came out in like 2002, I figure it's just a camera battery problem or something. :)

Anyways---the .45 mini sabers are 100% as nice as the full size ones, just smaller. Basically---you can either have 1 full size saber, or every mini saber ever made, for the same price. I'd rather have a whole collection. (Unless you've got like 5 grand to spend on full-size ones)

PS---the non-battle-damaged .45 Maul saber is coming out soon. You have to join the new collector's club for it though. It's like $60 for the membership, and you get the saber with it, and coupons for like 50 bucks off a full-size saber, 20 bucks off an FX, and 10 bucks off a .45 mini. (2 coupons of each type--but you can't use both on a single saber) It pays for itself and then some. Heck, a .45 Maul alone would be like $45 due to its size.

Yesterday I got the Hasbro Obi-Wan saber. I had to get it after my friend showed me his Hasbro Yoda saber. The sound of it was sooo cool...the hum and all. I think this will be my first and last. As for me getting a $300 saber...It will never happen. :D

How are the Master Replica scale lightsabers?

I can't bring myself to shell out $360 or so for a handle. The scale ones may be small but at least I won't feel bad if I waste some money on a couple. :lol:

If I went out and bought a couple of the Limited Editions, I think I'd have a fit later at how much I spent considering all the other things I could have bought with that money... :p

I have most all the .45s released so far (not interested in the gold or silver varients and can't afford the weathered Obi-Wan). They are very nice looking and the quality is great. You can pick up the first 6 for fairly cheap on Ebay. I think I paid something like $170 (shipping included) for all 6.

Target.com has a Sidious, E3 Obi-Wan, E3 Anakin, E3 Vader and Yoda listed as future releases. I hadn't heard about the Vader, Yoda or the normal Maul (thanks David).

I wonder why there's never been a MR Qui-Gon in any form?

Ordered a parks graflex replica, should be here by early June. I might end up getting the Vader and Obi Wan kit too.

Hasbro: Anakin Ep3, Qui-Gon, Vader.

Edited by Brewtal

Why do Park sabers have that red cap on the top of the blade? It ruins the whole look.

Is it neccessary?

So you don't hurt anybody with the tip of the blade. It's like a fencing tip. You don't need it but you don't want to poke anybody with it.

how much does a Park saber cost?

$200-300/saber, minus shipping. Hilts come with blade color of your choice.

Edited by azrael

aside from the obvious removable blade of a park saber, what is the advantage over the 50% cheaper FX?

FX has sounds and a much thicker blade that is more like the movies and lights up and down, plus it's officially liscensed.

I don't know about Parks but the FX ones aren't to scale. I had the opportunity (spelling) to handle one the other day I thought it seemed like an expensive hasbro. Too large of a handle for me. I do love the mini ones though. I have Doku and Vader.

Chris

The Vader ESB FX is supposed to be only 1.8mm bigger around than the "real" thing. Not very oversized IMHO. Don't know about ROTS Anakin but since it's similar in construction I doubt it'd be significantly different.

I was surfing around and I saw the MR Sideous Light Saber and it looks awesome. Anyone know a site I can go look and see how I can make my own saber handle?

Toonz had this to say:

anyone has hasbro obiwan or yoda saber pic to share?

The ep3 obiwan has a nice handle, but the blade doesn't glow all that well and the force rumble thing gets annoying fast. If I had a digital camera I'd take some pics.

The obi-wan isn't bad, but yeah the handle is nice, great comfortable feel to grip on, but that "VRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM" Force Vibration is annoying as hell and loud. And you really gotta pull the blade all the way to get it ging just right.

Wont touch Yoda's though, its too short the only good it would be is if I wanted 1 long one and 1 short one for emergancies when I loose the long one in a duel.

I have some cheap ones. I have the Luke Skywalker one. It got beat up badly from all the Episode I duels I had. The top of it's missing at the moment, so I only have half the blade. Makes a great flashlight though.

I have two Darth Mauls. I've got the super cheap one I bought for a halloween costume that I collapses completely due to lack of electronics, but is somewhat too thick. I also have the electronic one that I got on sale.

That's it for the moment.

I was going to take pictures of my FX Vader saber but unforuntately my camera decided to take a dump on me....don't understand why too its really driving me mad cause now I can't find the warrenty sheets so I can send it to get fixed if I really need too!

Have a Qui-Gon Rubies, one of the cheapo non electronic Qui-Gons and one of the Darth Maul Hasbro. Got all of them on clearance a couple years ago.

I'd like one of the Master Replicas but will probably never spend that much on one. Got various parts and tools to make one for halloween a couple years ago, but never got around to it. Been using the dremel on other stuff, though. ;)

I have several, all of them Hasbro.

- ROTJ Luke Skywalker (from the very first production run, no less - these things have come a LONG way in terms of quality)

- TPM Darth Maul

- TPM Obi-Wan (which was very hard to find)

- AOTC Count Dooku

- AOTC Yoda

In terms of playability, my favorite is TPM Obi-Wan. That one's built like a brick compared to the original ROTJ Luke. The light is much better, and the tubing is significantly more sturdy. Darth Maul's is just OK, but it needs to be a lot longer. It also suffers from a lack of sturdiness. Count Dooku's is pretty darned well-built and detailed, but Yoda's is an outright flop. The tube could be the right size if only the handle wasn't WAY too big, and it looks so completely out of proportion that it's not even funny.

I'm still looking for the Sam's Club exclusive ROTS set which comes with both Anakin's and Obi-Wan's lightsabers plus figures of them both. It's only $30, too!

Bought a mini ROTS Anakin at BestBuy today. I'd take pics, but it's raining and dark here. Maybe tomorrow. Interestingly, it's packaged "sideways"---when you open the box, you're looking at what most people would consider the underside of the saber.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the Master Replica's Vader saber at my local TRU for 150 dollars, and I was very tempted to buy it. But I'm going to wait instead for the "Build Your Own" saber set coming out.

As for Master Replica's....i figure when they eventually perfect the technology of the removable blade (it's bound to happen), then i'll buy one.