Light Saber

I can't wait, TSV says since the last time I checked that the Anakin sabers should be out within the end of this month so if I'm really lucky I could see mine maybe lil after my b-day in 2 weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wait no, just found out :( they're only getting half their orders for Anakin like they did with Windu...and since I didn't make June 22nd (which was when I sent the damn thing)

I wont get mine till September.....now I'm not so sure if I wanna wait and just get my money back.

I watched a promotional movie with two guys dueling with the FX sabers and I was surprised on how durable they really are, these guys while not bashing away are fighting reasonably with them and while its annoying to hear "click clak" now and than from them making blade contact, it was still VERY cool to see.

Edited by Hikuro

I can't wait, TSV says since the last time I checked that the Anakin sabers should be out within the end of this month so if I'm really lucky I could see mine maybe lil after my b-day in 2 weeks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wait no, just found out :( they're only getting half their orders for Anakin like they did with Windu...and since I didn't make June 22nd (which was when I sent the damn thing)

I wont get mine till September.....now I'm not so sure if I wanna wait and just get my money back.

I watched a promotional movie with two guys dueling with the FX sabers and I was surprised on how durable they really are, these guys while not bashing away are fighting reasonably with them and while its annoying to hear "click clak" now and than from them making blade contact, it was still VERY cool to see.

313368[/snapback]

I'll finally be getting my Anakin FX! :D Woohoo! I ordered before the 22nd.

That sucks, I feel for you Hikuro. :(

From what my best friend told me about seeing these FX sabers in person at Comic Con, it sounds like they're worth waiting for. I myself don't know personally, because I've only seen them not-activated.

I was tempted to go pick up a Vader ESB FX, but the place I checked only had Vader ANH FXs... :p Saved me from getting another saber. It was the same day I almost had a gold Sidious mini, but got the normal Sidious mini (which is so freaking awesome!!! :D:D:D ).

Happy Birthday in advance! ;)

Thanks, I'm pretty hurt that I wont get mine till September or later and the address I placed for delievery I wont be at any longer after next week I believe...so I'll have to contact the guy and let him know to send it to my house instead...which sucks cause that takes an extra day to arrive.

Thanks, I'm pretty hurt that I wont get mine till September or later and the address I placed for delievery I wont be at any longer after next week I believe...so I'll have to contact the guy and let him know to send it to my house instead...which sucks cause that takes an extra day to arrive.

313551[/snapback]

I know what you mean. So far due to various things that have popped up, I've had to ask him to change the address four or five times. :p It's sucked like hell, because I'm probably going to be in Japan at the time it arrives (so my new brother-in-law is going to have to take care of picking it up from the post-office, since the delivery people won't be able to deliver it as usual).

Honeymoon during the time of comiket. :D Plus the wife loves anime, manga, and doujinshi. :) I'm going to look for lightsaber stuff in Japan, as well as that little remote-controlled R2-D2, and go looking at Macross stuff.

Life is good. :D

Also going to try to go to one of Sakai Hiroyuki's restaurants (Iron Chef French).

:o omg omg omg omg! I just got notification that my Anakin E3 FX saber has been shipped! How in dear god did that happen?! He said everyone BEFORE June 22nd was gonna get there's and I know that I sent my payment almost a week after that cut off.

SWEET!!!!! I can't wait to get it at work!

Oh yeah happy birthday to me on Tuesday! >< W00t!!!!

Edited by Hikuro

I've had the classic ROTJ Luke saber for a while now and I love it...

but I just got the new Anakin blue saber... and damn does it rock! smaller hilt, better quality light and sounds...

yeah, the blades on both need to be hit with some force to make the clash, but still, these are great items.

not toys, but display peices with some extra bling.

I cant wait for my vader saber to come next week.

:o omg omg omg omg! I just got notification that my Anakin E3 FX saber has been shipped! How in dear god did that happen?! He said everyone BEFORE June 22nd was gonna get there's and I know that I sent my payment almost a week after that cut off.

SWEET!!!!! I can't wait to get it at work!

Oh yeah happy birthday to me on Tuesday! >< W00t!!!!

314963[/snapback]

Lucky!!! Congrats!

Now that you've got a mail from JD, I've been constantly checking my email! :lol:

Happy B-day to you on Tuesday! That's a really cool gift your getting. Not just the lightsaber, but that you're getting it on time when it looked like you wouldn't! ;)

Yep it surprised the crap outta me real good when I got the email. I don't know how I got in the shipping list when he said everyone before the 22nd was gonna get it....maybe he did a mess up and did it alphabetical? But J is in the middle...and L for my middle name isn't any closer, and O for my last would be worse.....I don't know what how this happened.

But its being actually sent to my OLD address *grumble* and not work, I don't know why at all.

My wife just gave me two mini lightsabers for my birthday. ROTS Obi-wan, and Collector Society Exclusive Obi-wan (the gold plated ANH As First Built By).

This brings my mini collection to:

ANH Obi-wan Kenobi CSE

AOTC Obi-wan Kenobi normal

ROTS Obi-wan Kenobi normal

ROTS Anakin Skywalker normal

ROTS Darth Sidious normal

ROTS Darth Sidious BBE

And hopefully the Saber Vault will be shipping off my FX soon. It'll probably arrive at my brother-in-law's while I'm in Japan though. :p Honeymoon. :D And my wife loves anime and manga too. Ahhhhh, life is good. ;)

It seems that MR will re-release the Mace Windu *mini* later this year, so if you want one but don't have it, don't go paying Ebay prices for it.

Sumdumgai--how's the normal mini Sidious? I'm thinking about getting it. I've read the paint is like prismatic purple or something. Really doesn't photograph well.

It seems that MR will re-release the Mace Windu *mini* later this year, so if you want one but don't have it, don't go paying Ebay prices for it. 

Sumdumgai--how's the normal mini Sidious?  I'm thinking about getting it.  I've read the paint is like prismatic purple or something.  Really doesn't photograph well.

315705[/snapback]

Very similar to the full size LE. In fact, they look identical side by side in person. *Stares at the two in his hand*

Sumdumgai--how's the normal mini Sidious?  I'm thinking about getting it.  I've read the paint is like prismatic purple or something.  Really doesn't photograph well.

315705[/snapback]

The normal Sidious mini is really something to look at. I haven't been able to find any photographs that really captures it's color. The best picture that I could find was the one on the saber vault.

It's not quite purple, it's not quite brown, and it changes depending on how the light hits it. Prismatic purple or brown is a good description. The ridged part near the emitter and the base of the handle is really gold colored (I don't know if it's gold plated or not), and the emitter is brass colored. The inside part of the handle is a silver/chrome color.

The color isn't like the picture in the ROTS "what's what" book. In there it has a ivory-ish color.

It's a very unique looking lightsaber, and it's one of my favorites. :D

(the pic I saved from the saber vault)

post-1245-1122721920_thumb.jpg

I got my Anakin E3 saber today, 1 day early from the ETA date from tracking....shocked the poo outta me.

Than I kicked myself cause I didn't bring batteries cause I wasn't expecting it till tomorrow.

So I paid 7 bucks with b-day money I got which I gotta call my grandfolks in Montana to tell them thanks :p

The saber tube is bright when lit up, its a neon blue finish and I love it. Power up, down and noises are very different from my Vader, VERY different, infact I like these sounds better.

Its just an overal cool saber and glad I got it! Happy Birthday to me!

Yeah I've heard that before.

The first day I got my Vader I made a quick movie just turning it on in the dark.

The next day at work I was talking to a coworker and he was telling me the days when he had a lightsaber that it wasjust a flashlight with a plastic tube, really was nothing.

I told him "No dude, this is MUCH different." So I downloaded the video I did and showed him, his expression was :o

A week later I brought it to work and showed it to many getting :o

Well, when I got home I was like "Dammit, I can't stay home tomorrow cause I gotta work, and DHL is gonna send me a notice." so mom looked at me weird going "Well, than what's that box over there by the door? Can't believe you missed it." WHAM!

Took it out of the box, went got batteries, turned it on and was happy happy.

Dad got home, showed him, and he thought it was pretty dorky :p but my next one is Windu and Luke.

co-worker of mine who likes to duel with me with the dinky sabers called me up cause he had the day off and wants me to give him a few weblinks so he can shop around for a good priced FX Saber. He says he wants to get the Anakin one cause he loves the Blade color. I'll probably tell him to hold off since Obiwan's isn't too far out of reach with the retooled Luke Episode 6 saber.

Sorry for the topic revival.

I got to hold my first FX lightsaber today... some girl dressed as Anakin Skywalker at Animethon (the local Anime convention) let me hold hers and turn it on and stuff... I have to get one now!)

318375[/snapback]

James, I own a Vader ESB FX and my friend smashed it into the corner of the wall and cracked the tube! :(

Busy day today---got my tracking number for my full-length mini-Maul, and ordered my mini-Sidious, and 2 mini display cases. (Shipping's insane on the display cases, I need more than 2 but hope to get more later, not direct from MR to save on shipping)

Got my full-length mini-Maul. It's DARK and unpolished. Rather "brown" as metal goes. Like a very steely-bronze. Very cool. Ends/emitters are polished and bright. The "conical with fins" parts near the ends are plastic though, wasn't expecting that. Don't really see a reason why they are, they're not TOO complex of a shape. Not as heavy as you'd expect.

I was very tempted tonight to buy a Build your own toy version....so tempted.

320982[/snapback]

I seen those at Target, they any good?

By the way my Anakin ROTS & Vader ESB came in today and i gotta say i'm IMPRESSED! :D

My wife loved it as well, she thinks the blue Anakin is sweet! B))

I was very tempted tonight to buy a Build your own toy version....so tempted.

320982[/snapback]

I seen those at Target, they any good?

By the way my Anakin ROTS & Vader ESB came in today and i gotta say i'm IMPRESSED! :D

My wife loved it as well, she thinks the blue Anakin is sweet! B))

322765[/snapback]

I hated the build it yourself kit. The one that I had bought lasted me a whole 1hr before it died. Brand new batteries and everything. Just died and wouldnt turn on anymore.

Anywho, the cool thing about it is that you can build your own. The crappy thing, IMO, is that the pieces are still kinda loose when they're on, and the blades for the Lightside colors are a little too bland. The green looks kinda yellow, and the blue is nowhere near the ROTS anakin blue.

They could have done much better with it.

Yes they could have made better choices in option parts for the Build your own then what we're given. Worst toy I ever bought in my entire life.

Each crystal having a specific function my ass, you can get the exact same SFX's just different pitches and speeds without the crystals inserted....its just a big loud of crap.

The blades are pathetic, Red is the only option, the clear blade was always a horrible idea in my opinion, the colors are hardly noticable and they'll never come out perfect cause its not LED bulbs like Anakin's, its just a regular flash light bulb and its yellow......

Worse off, no matter what parts you use, your saber is going to look to damn similar to someone elses from the movie, I made one and it looks like .......obiwans.....?

You gotta have more hilt options and middle parts, you can't have 2 of everything....its just crap....I'd just about challenge this "1,000 different designs!" so I can sue them for false advertisment and get my money back.

As for other news!

IM000090.jpg

Did I mention I love my Anakin FX saber?

• 3 weeks later...

back from page 4.

for those of you that missed out on MR's Limited Edition Obi-Wan AOTC, they are coming out with

TPM Obi-Wan (Ep.1) Elite Edition.

yes, another overpriced piece of replica....

I assume this one is going to sell out faster than Luke's ANH EE.

• 3 weeks later...
back from page 4.

for those of you that missed out on MR's Limited Edition Obi-Wan AOTC, they are coming out with

TPM Obi-Wan (Ep.1) Elite Edition.

yes, another overpriced piece of replica....

I assume this one is going to sell out faster than Luke's ANH EE.

327784[/snapback]

I was wrong, it took them two days to sell out because they were only limiting it to one per Collector's Society membership. Well, within 30 minutes, 8 auctions popped up on ebay.

same price as the Luke ANH EE, $525 with free shipping.

on another note, the recently rereleased Luke ROTJ FX saber with LED blade is in the country and ready to start shipping. Mine should be here w/i a few weeks (ordered at the saber vault).

oh, and yes, I did get the Obi Wan EE since that is my favorite saber design!

;) And if you're really adventureous, you will may dress up and do some actual theatrical dueling for the public. These are friends and members of mine for a Star Wars costume club entertaining crowds at the California State Fair 2005.

img07305xx.th.jpg img07122wj.th.jpg