Spider-man 3 Thread

I decided I'm going to pick up some tickets for a Friday evening showing at one of the biggest screens here in Omaha... unfortunately they weren't doing a midnight showing there! But that's okay since that will save me a vacation day or personal time.

Can't wait for next Friday! :)

Which describes exactly how that bust looks in relation to the "real" Venom.

Not skinny enough IMHO, and still has distinct teeth. They're a lot smaller than we usually see, but he clearly has red gums and white teeth. Carnage simply has "black spikey parts hanging from below where his nose would be".

this may have been said before, but a radio station around here said that U2 is doing the soundtrack and its going to be a type of musical :huh:

heard the same here. Why bother making this a musical?

Who really wants to see Spidey singing at all?

Saw it tonight

Venom is more than just a cameo.

Funny thing is, I don't think they ever call him Venom in the movie.

Spoiler

Venom's appearance doesn't seem to be a setup for him to be featured more in a 4th movie. The ending definitely seems to have closure, but you never know

oh and yes the movie rocked!

I liked it the best out of the 3 and had no problem with the way Venom looked. Thought his origin was a good nod to the original comic origin with details a little different but with more of the Ultimate Spiderman Venom physique

Edited by chowyunskinny

Saw it tonite too.. twas good! Liked 2 better. I've come to think that in every superhero trilogy franchise the 2nd film is gonna be the best. 1st film, gotta waste lots of time setting up the character/s. 2nd film you're free to do any story you like, obviously it will be the best/most popular. 3rd film has to be bigger and pack more in than #2 so it gets episodic and OTT.

But back on topic, I like venom lots. I found it a bit odd how spidey's black symobiote costume was just a costume and not a smooth alien coating his body. I guess the CGI looked too CGI if spidey was totally smooth.

And the best bits are always the Sam Raimi touches.

The saddest part of this discussion is that Venom was never really that great of a character to begin with. I'll take Sam Raimi's aesthetics over Todd McFarlane any day.

Venom/Brock has been Spidey's best villian, with only Goblin/Osborn being either First or at least tied. Every other villian is straight campy filler without direct relation, with only Felica/Blackcat being except.

SM3 has just too many characters to juggle & look well doing it.

Saw it last night at the premiere. I really liked it, but that's not to say it didn't have its fair share of problems. As everyone pointed out before it came out, it ended up being that there really was too much stuff they tried to cram into it. The plot is kind of all over the place. But it's still Spider-man, and its still lots of fun and has good drama. Also, the action is fantastic.

Okay they hired a ton of models/actress to be extras for the musical montage but did you notice they decided to kept using them after that point? Like they ran the ugly girls out of town or something.

To all the naysayers........you were right.

I think the movie had a bad case of "sequel-itis." They tried to make everything bigger, more elaborate, more characters, more comedy bits, just more of everything.

Case in point: the whole Disco Parker scene and elaborate dance bit at the jazz bar. :rolleyes:

As one of my buddies pointed out, there's definitely a good movie or two in the plot and set-up. But there was just too much crammed into this one movie.

Part of me wishes they had focused the film more on the overall revenge theme and then edited out a good chunk of the extraneous fluff.

A few good things though:

* Harry's wickedly, f'd-up revenge plan and Petey's cold-ass response brought some devilish grins on my face.

* "'nuff said." (Total fanboy moment, but still cool.)

* Gotta love the late-night crowd in Hollywood: SPOILER -
When MJ kisses Harry, people in the audience screamed out "WHORE!!"
:lol:

saw it this afternoon.. it was pretty good, but it felt like a LOT was cut out in editing. The action sequences were great, they went all out animating spidey and sandman looks pretty good... ILM sure has come a long way since the "Mummy"

The ending felt a little hollow for me, I was expecitng a more solid conclusion given all the talk that this would be the last spiderman movie, but I guess if there's more coming it's not so bad.

Venom/Brock has been Spidey's best villian, with only Goblin/Osborn being either First or at least tied. Every other villian is straight campy filler without direct relation, with only Felica/Blackcat being except.

SM3 has just too many characters to juggle & look well doing it.

I agree, Spidey has probably had the lamest bunch of supervillains in comics. Venom was one of the few saving graces.

Mysterio, Vulture, Scorpion, Chamelon, yuck!

Saw it this evening. Loved it! Will see again soon. :) Besides Bruce Campbell, make sure to watch for the scene where Stan Lee talks to Peter. One more movie needs to be made so Dr. Connor can finally become the Lizard and Peter and Mary Jane can finally get married.

Ok, I just got back from my second screening, and I'm not gonna lie. I can't explain it and I really don't know what happened, but everything that had disappointed me in the first time through didn't bother me anymore and I absolutely loved it.

No questions asked- LOVED it. I don't know what to tell you guys, maybe go see it again?