Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

Oh, so you do understand the "magic" of film but why let that stop you complaining? Look, I know its a Star Wars discussion, and that means that people have to post in bold font and use tons of exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!one with a few net-isms thrown in for good measure (OMG WTF?! ROTLF!!!!11!) but now and then it would be nice if people could just talk about SW with some calm maturity. As has been pointed out before, and which is always conveniently forgotten by the "Tiny Vader" brigade, Bob Anderson was only 6'1" when he doubled for Vader, yet he looks plenty imposing when he kicks the crap out of Luke in ESB.* And yes, according to Anderson himself his suit *was* padded, just like the Hayden suit is. So really...so what if his hands aren't as big as Prowse's meaty paws used to be? For all the faults of the PT (and I do admit there are problems with the films, don't get me wrongo) bitching about Vader's glove size is a level of nerdism that I'm just not willing to rise (or sink) to. You want to cross that bridge? Go right ahead. Just don't be surprised when we burn it down behind you.

And as usual, I love how people try to deflect percieved criticism away from themselves. I simpy asked that some people try to grow up a little, and now that gets blown out of proportion to the point where I (and others like me) "can't take others not liking the new trilogy." Here's a tip for ya, Ladic. Just in case you haven't gleaned this from my other posts on this forum: I don't actually care one way or the other what you or anybody else thinks about SW. Seriously. So when somebody tells somebody else to grow up or chill out, maybe...just maybe....its not because they are "lashing out" but instead because they actually have a point! People get so emotional about this crap, it's getting to the point where its not so much funny as it is sad. But like I said in a similar thread, in two months it will all be over. For better or for worse. Then we can go back to bashing Macross 7.

Finally, to answer lt.actionjackson's question, from what I've heard it was NOT Hayden in those earlier Vader promo pics. I don't know what the story is with this one though. The suit does seem to fit whomever is wearing it a bit better than those other pics.

*btw, Bob Anderson is also credited as some nameless Imperial Officer in ESB. Does anyboy have a clue as to which scene he's actually in? I can't even find a decent picture of Bob online so I have no idea where to start looking.

I don't actually care one way or the other what you or anybody else thinks about SW. Seriously.

Sweet baby Jeebus... for a dude that 'don't care' about what folks think about the SW films, ya shoooo do like ta talk a lot 'bout 'em!!! B))

I agree with your sentiment... now that everyone has said their peace and has come to agreement that nobody cares about anyone elses' opinions, let's let the discussion move forward. :rolleyes:

So, does anyone have ANYTHING spoilerish to add to the discussion at hand that hasn't yet been spoilt yet?!? :D

Edited by Amped

So, does anyone have ANYTHING spoilerish to add to the discussion at hand that hasn't yet been spoilt yet?!? :D

Not really. There's tons of book and magazine scans out there now, but I've backed off reading those sites since I want to go into the movie with at least one or two things unknown. Its only going to get worse this weekend when people start scanning the storybook, making of, and so forth. But as for actual spoilers I think we've heard them all. There won't be any "I am your father" type revelations that haven't already leaked one way or the other, especially in light of the comic and novel being already online. I think from a narrative standpoint, the biggest "spoiler" would be the fact that Anakin will *not* win his struggle against the dark side and instead joins the Sith. Of course, 99.9% of the audience already knows that but hey...what can you do?

Other than that, the only thing thats really left to spoil is some of the particulars of the various fights and duels in the movie. These I'm going to stay far away from. We already know that Vader gets owned by Obi Wan at some point. I want to experience how he does it unspoiled.

Edit: and of course in the time it took me to write that, new spoiler images get posted. :p

Edited by bsu legato

Ouch. Well, Lucas is definitly not glossin' over the world o' hurt Annie gets slapped with!

Hell, after gettin' his limbs wacked off and BBQ'd, I think ol' Vader behaved in a rather composed manner when he finally meets up with Ol' Ben in SW... I think I woulda been more like:

'YOU!!! YOU old F*CK!!! I'm gonna F*CK you up somethin' fierce!!!!' :lol:

Here's one I haven't seen yet:

Since Grievous had various upgrades done to him:

Maybe Vader gets upgraded hands and a height extension on his legs installed at some point. :lol::lol:

:unsure: feasible

Edited by Anubis

Jeeze, some of you kids really need to stop taking this shite so seriously

Dude, it's Friday....relax. Yes, it is just a movie. But, Hayden (that is him in the suit right?) just doesn't seem to wear it quite right. I know it's the same suit with some minor modifications but it just looks... off. Just my opinion, I'm not whining or trying to stir the pot.

Actually its a new suit that was made to fit Hayden.

Ouch. Well, Lucas is definitly not glossin' over the world o' hurt Annie gets slapped with!

Hell, after gettin' his limbs wacked off and BBQ'd, I think ol' Vader behaved in a rather composed manner when he finally meets up with Ol' Ben in SW... I think I woulda been more like:

'YOU!!! YOU old F*CK!!! I'm gonna F*CK you up somethin' fierce!!!!' :lol:

Ain't that the truth?! :lol::p:lol:

the one thing that maybe will dissapoint me with this movie, is Grevious, at least in the comic adaptation, he doesnt seem to do much, and is yet another potentially kickass villain that seems wasted.

Yeah no kidding! The prequel trilogy seriously blurrs the lines between good and evil and smears the Jedi order pretty badly.

If anything, they're all just as, if not more, manipulative than Palpatine - plus very restrictive and cold. I don't think i'd want to grow up in an environment like that!

The whole celibacy thing doesn't help either...

What celibacy thing? The rule was no attachment. Nothing was ever said about not having sex. I think Lucas said that in an interview I believe but that's from what I heard, never read it myself. Anakin is basicly a clear example of why they trained Jedi young(to teach them control and how to not become so attached that they give into their emotions when they lost something) and why the no attachment rule was in place. They can still love but to focus their love on one thing so that it gets to the point that their emotions control them is wrong.

I've been a SW fan my whole life (well since I was 7 probably). I never ever thought that I would root against the jedi. I have to agree, these jedi need to get thier asses kicked.

Not that I think the emperor/empire is great or anything. It's just that the jedi of this era needed their views/thinking to be changed/cleansed. Killing them off was the only way to do that.

Now, back to the real world......

If you stop and think about it for a moment, the Empire actually did a few things right.

It greatly streamlined the whole political process, doing away with the bloated red tape that was the Galactic Republic's processes. No more pointless comities and meetings while things needed to get done.

It did an amazing job of bringing at least some form of justice the majority of the galaxy, doing away with things like slavery on Tatooine.

With Palpatine at its head, yes, the Empire was evil and not of the good. But it was still, overall, a considerable improvement over the previous regieme.

I've always enjoyed this agrument for the the Empire:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Publ...01/248ipzbt.asp

Shame about the force is either your a evil ugly bastard or a arrogant goodie goodie. Still don't understand why there couldn't be a middle ground.

"Hey I'm a force user but I'm not gonna listen to your gay order or kill babes for the other side. I'm gonna use my powers to pick up women!"

It's just that the jedi of this era needed their views/thinking to be changed/cleansed. Killing them off was the only way to do that.

At the end, Yoda blames himself for the Jedi's downfall. Saying he was too strict, yada yada yada. If you think about it, there's a parallel between the Jedi of the prequels and the Empire. There's a strong sense of control like micromanagement. Eventually someone breaks the mold and things start breaking apart.

If you stop and think about it for a moment, the Empire actually did a few things right.

It greatly streamlined the whole political process, doing away with the bloated red tape that was the Galactic Republic's processes. No more pointless comities and meetings while things needed to get done.

With Palpatine at its head, yes, the Empire was evil and not of the good. But it was still, overall, a considerable improvement over the previous regieme.

It was. Instead of small little pieces, everything became unified and the crap in the system was removed.

It did an amazing job of bringing at least some form of justice the majority of the galaxy, doing away with things like slavery on Tatooine.

I don't know about that. There's no real indication if slavery was wiped out since the scoop of Tatooine in the original trilogy was more focused.

Shame about the force is either your a evil ugly bastard or a arrogant goodie goodie.  Still don't understand why there couldn't be a middle ground. 

"Hey I'm a force user but I'm not gonna listen to your gay order or kill babes for the other side.  I'm gonna use my powers to pick up women!"

But there's a big leap on the first page about Midichlorions. I love how one line makes people think "oh, the force is genetic..."

And he's also basing a lot of things on Palpatine's lip service and manipulation. The Sith Master... there's a viable source of info. :rolleyes:

Shame about the force is either your a evil ugly bastard or a arrogant goodie goodie. Still don't understand why there couldn't be a middle ground.

"Hey I'm a force user but I'm not gonna listen to your gay order or kill babes for the other side. I'm gonna use my powers to pick up women!"

Yeah, that was a little too disturbing for me though, Roy. He seemed to be sayng that being under the heel of an oppressive dictatorship (albeit a "benign" one -- oxymoron of the year, that) is preferable to what the Rebels were offering, which was not clearly articulated in the movies because it didn't have to be. The author of that WS article missed the point by trying to interpret Star Wars as a political statement, rather than the swashbuckling popcorn entertainment it is. JRR Tolkein had to fight for years to get people to stop thinking of LOTR as a parable on WW2 or the Cold War, rather than a fantasy work that was the product of him taking deep drinks from Anglo-Saxon and Norse mythology.

Shame about the force is either your a evil ugly bastard or a arrogant goodie goodie.  Still don't understand why there couldn't be a middle ground. 

"Hey I'm a force user but I'm not gonna listen to your gay order or kill babes for the other side.  I'm gonna use my powers to pick up women!"

Yeah, that was a little too disturbing for me though, Roy. He seemed to be sayng that being under the heel of an oppressive dictatorship (albeit a "benign" one -- oxymoron of the year, that) is preferable to what the Rebels were offering, which was not clearly articulated in the movies because it didn't have to be. The author of that WS article missed the point by trying to interpret Star Wars as a political statement, rather than the swashbuckling popcorn entertainment it is. JRR Tolkein had to fight for years to get people to stop thinking of LOTR as a parable on WW2 or the Cold War, rather than a fantasy work that was the product of him taking deep drinks from Anglo-Saxon and Norse mythology.

True enough. As long as Palpatine weilded absoutle, unquestioned authority, the Empire was a bad thing.

But without that little stumbling block, the Empire was a generally good place to be. Provided you were human, of course. Non-humans like Wookies and such were enslaved, legally, and generally life sucked for them.

Centralized and authoritive leadership is really coming into style in some parts of the world. It's not surprising to see arguments for the Empire like that. Ideally, if one must have a government at all, then a single, benevolent leader can be much more effective than a beaurucratic nightmare of endless committees and general indecisiveness. The problem is, can a single voice really represent a large population in such a way as to please everyone? Or will their principles and ideals clash harshly with any number of those under the heel of their power?

A benevolant leader may do something that they see as good and right, that is seen as absolute evil by others. Heck, even Palpatine appears to think of himself as a good guy.

Yesterday, I bought the illustrated storybook and noticed that Jar-Jar Binks is nowhere to be found. Is he absolutely nowhere in the movie at all? If so, that's the best news I've heard about Episode III.

I just finished the novel, and saw no sign of Binks.

Yesterday, I bought the illustrated storybook and noticed that Jar-Jar Binks is nowhere to be found. Is he absolutely nowhere in the movie at all? If so, that's the best news I've heard about Episode III.

Hallelujah, that would be the best no-show since they got rid of Jake Lloyd. Hopefully this also portends fewer fart and doo-doo jokes. :p

I smeelllll BARBQ!

charcoalanakin7od7dm.jpg

I hope he gets cured in Canada or France, otherwise it might cost him a bunch of bucks...

Anyway Canada and France will soon be declared part of the "Axis of Evil" by an unbiased leader of an unbiased country :huh:

I hope he gets cured in Canada or France, otherwise it might cost him a bunch of bucks...

Anyway Canada and France will soon be declared part of the "Axis of Evil" by an unbiased leader of an unbiased country  :huh:

..of course Anakin will have to wait around for quite a few months to take advantage of their "perfect" health care systems. :p

Edited by Apollo Leader

I just finished the novel, and saw no sign of Binks.

Go back and read again where Bail joins Padme when Palpatine is about to declare the empire. It notes that Jar Jar is there on the platform with Padme, looking worried. I'm prety sure this is the only place he appears in the novel and the movie. Almost a cameo, and no spoken lines I'm aware of.

..of course Anakin will have to wait around for quite a few months to take advantage of their "perfect" health care systems. :p

Yep...

amazing how wonderful the Canadian medical system is when my state is flooded with Snow Birds that come here for the health care services provided. <_<

Blame Canada ;)

Well if Anakin gets cured in Canada, he might as well not get out of the hospital alive... so no Dark Vader, which would be good for the entire universe except that... there would be no more episodes 4,5 and 6! :o hey that s**ks!

Besides, yes, I must admit that Canada's health system is very very crappy... and doctors complain all the time, even though they get the same salary as that of a company director. Where does the problem come from? Doctors in Canada want to be both paid by the state AND have high wages... so the state can not afford enough of them... Doctors in France get paid, in average, around the third of what they would get paid in Canadat... and they do not complain as much as the Canadian doctors :)... so the state can afford enough of them...

OK, I must admit this is way OT.

But, Dude, try France for a change... much better there :p ... not completely free but almost :p

Does any one know if the Art of Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sisth comes with a Built in version of the screen play? I picked up a copy of The Art of Clones in the UK and it had a Screen play for Ep II

Im in the US and am Wondering the same

(Im in the middle of No where weith no car and no Barnes and Nobel) Any help will be appreciated tanks