Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

weel, i ended up watching the second trailer in the least expected moment. i was finishing watching the simpsons in a mexican channel ( TV azteca ) and as soon the news program was starting they showed the second trailer, and boy that's the best trailer i've seen. looks like it's gonna be a PG-13 rating for this one, they showed anakin slicing nemoudians and members of the separatist army, scenes of the opening space battle in wich i saw how one of the republic capital ships interior was blowned up and the miliatry personnel and clone troopers were sucked into the vacuum of space.

also some scenes of the duel betwwen anakin and obi-wan, i specially liked when obi-wan yelled at anakin ( in what i belive are secons before he gets deep fried in lava ) ''you were the choosen one¡'', also the duel betwen sidious and mace's pose, in wich he strides toward them in a frightening way wich gave me the creeps. and the anticipated duel between yoda and sidious. man that was to much for me and all under 3 minutes. now i can't wait to download it, specially in quick time so i can check for details in the scenes i might have pass up.

i really hope the movie is as good or better than the trailer. Btw that boba fett picture looks a lot like my young brother, same face, look and hair. :blink:

Now that was one HELL of a trailer! Usually I'm not one to go apeshit over a trailer or Star Wars, but I can recognize when it looks like a lot of great stuff is in store. Hell, even if what we saw was all the good points of the movie, I'll still be satisfied. I go to see Star Wars cause its a popcorn movie and not because I look for meaning or substance.

The shot with Anakin cutting down the Neimodian was just raw. I love it! No talking, just straight up death dealing.

i do not know, i think boba has his own. i found a new pic from what i am told is the kid from episode 2 ( a little older now) dressed in the boba fett armor, it was mixed in with the star wars episode 3 pics, does anyone know if he makes a appearance in the new film?

chris

Man, that kid really is growing up to look just like the actor that played Jango in Episode 2. Lucas' casting guy deserves a gold medal for having the foresight to see similarities in someone so young.

i do not know, i think boba has his own. i found a new pic from what i am told is the kid from episode 2 ( a little older now) dressed in the boba fett armor, it was mixed in with the star wars episode 3 pics, does anyone know if he makes a appearance in the new film?

chris

That's actor Daniel Logan who plays a young Boba Fett in AotC. The picture of him in the Boba Fett is for conceptual and propotional purposes as he's wearing costume parts 501st Legion members. This is not for RotS. Based on imdb cast credits for RotS, he is not listed. There are rumors that he may make an appearance in the Star Wars TV produced to be released later in the next year or so and the pictures may partially relate to that.

also some scenes of the duel betwwen anakin and obi-wan, i specially liked when obi-wan yelled at anakin ( in what i belive are secons before he gets deep fried in lava ) ''you were the choosen one¡'',

That tells you how much faith Obi-wan had in his apprentice. :)

Anyone else notice the shot of Grievous and Obi fighting on a planet? Neither were using Sabers...looks like Grievous tries punch Obi. Love the shot of the fighter exploding....watched it on quicktime frame by frame....you can see the pilot getting blown out of the debris! ala Empires Asteroid chase and the Tie pilot!

Chris

"Star Wars" Goes To Hell

Posted:  Friday March 11th, 2005 3:17pm

Source:  CBS

Author:  Garth Franklin

Star Wars goes to Hell in its final episode and the trip may cost it the PG rating the previous five films have earned, says the series creator, George Lucas.  The filmmaker speaks exclusively to Lesley Stahl on this week's "60 Minutes" and provides a peek at the much anticipated movie with a report to include behind-the-scenes production work and film footage.

"I don't think I would take a five- or a six-year-old to this. It's way too strong.  We're going to watch him make a pact with the devil..." Lucas tells Stahl. He confirms much of the climax revolves around a lava planet - "Yes the lava at the end, it ends in hell." He also talks about the harder edge to this flick than the last few - "[The film] is much more dark...more emotional. It's much more of a tragedy.  My feeling is that it will probably be a PG-13, so it will be the first Star Wars that's a PG-13. I could pull it back a little bit, but I don't really want to...I'm very pleased with the whole thing."

The report airs this Sunday March 13th, 7pm ET/PT on CBS

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050311a.php

This is not for RotS. Based on imdb cast credits for RotS, he is not listed. There are rumors that he may make an appearance in the Star Wars TV produced to be released later in the next year or so and the pictures may partially relate to that.

From the listing on the official site, Boba Fett doesn't appear to be in ep. 3 (When you think about it, he won't fit in). That doesn't mean they will bring Daniel Logan in under an extra/cameo appearence. The producers made a cameo in Ep. 1. Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best played extras in Ep. 2. Temuera Morrison is coming back to play his cloned self and I doubt we'll see him without the helmet for more than a minute. Heck, word on the street says even Lucas will do a cameo appearence in episode 3. So don't rule out a cameo/extra part.

Damn, I get the sound but only a white screen :(

Graham

Which one did you download, the quicktime movie one?

It plays fine. Perrhaps you need the latest version or codec.

This movie is the one we've been waiting for!!!. A lot of fighting and violence worth to watch.

The trailer looks amazing. Much more complete and exciting than all those teasers and tv spots. I especially like the way the trailer conveys the sense of doom in this third and final episode of the Star Wars prequels. It really seems to show the viewer how bad everything is becoming for the Republic and the characters. It appears Ian McDiarmid's Palpatine enjoys a very large role in this next picture, no doubt a necessity of the story. But it's also somewhat interesting to note the parallel of the Palpatine character in Episode III and Episode VI. The big space battle that was promised appears more and more amazing with each glimpse.

Thanks for posting the link!

A spot for the 3rd season of Clone Wars aired tonight on CN. The new episodes start the 21st of this month.

Anakin has the long hair and everthing, as well as the scar on his eye. When does he get this? Seeing the scar in the trailer, I figured it's something he gets fighting Dooku in ep III. Does that mean this season takes place during the timespan of Episode III? I wonder how much time Ep. III covers. Or does Anakin just simply have a scar on his eye now, something he got at some point during the war?

Anakin has the long hair and everthing, as well as the scar on his eye. When does he get this?

Probably not. What's suppose to happen in the 3rd season (or Volume 2) is suppose to take place directly before Episode 3. So when the season finishes, the movie picks up right where the season leaves off.

Ummm... I just watched a second time... anyone catch the part where Palpy says to Anakin something to the the effect of ''I need your help son..." :blink:

Ahem.

Son?!?

:rolleyes:

OK, OK, I know its just an expression (or can be)... but what if Anakin's mum had been ravished by the dag-nasty evil Dark Side.... what if PALPY IS Anakin's PAPPY?!? God that even smacks of Lucas' trite, juvenile word-play... like the dude has been watching Popeye episodes fer Chrissakes!!! Ag, ag, ag... where's me Pappy?!? :lol:

No really. :huh:

I know, I know... I too just felt a thousand fan boys scream out in terror... but admit it: this is just the kind of thematic/ narrative mirroring that Lucas has been doing throughout the prequels... Luke overcomes/ redeems his Father (Vader/ Anakin)... Episode 3, as we all know, ends in Anakin's 'damnation'... will we, then, find Anakin succumbing to HIS FATHER?!? This would, in affect achieve balance... to the Force, as it were, and to Lucas' sense of mythic narrative. :unsure:

look at the star wars info site, the chosen one is supposed to be born to a virgin mother, there is no way palpatine could of been the father, the guy knew of anakins force potential

look at the star wars info site, the chosen one is supposed to be born to a virgin mother, there is no way palpatine could of been the father, the guy knew of anakins force potential

C'mon, it's a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Who's to say Palps didn't manipulate some midichlorians into fertilizing one of Schmi's eggs?

I don't really go for the theory, as I agree that Palps was just using "son" as a way to manipulate Anakin into falling under his power.

Clone troops with the Yellow Markings are supposed to be the pilots, right? So who is the guy that gets killed in the trailer? (00:47) Is it a Jedi? But the Jedi didn't wear any flight gear in Ep. II.

Edited by Coota0

Clone troops with the Yellow Markings are supposed to be the pilots, right? So who is the guy that gets killed in the trailer? (00:47) Is it a Jedi? But the Jedi didn't wear any flight gear in Ep. II.

I don't think it's a clone...Just a red shirt....

edit: And jedi only wear the headsets. They don't wear helmets.

post-26-1110742107_thumb.jpg

Edited by azrael

That's a clone pilot.

Anakin has the long hair and everthing, as well as the scar on his eye. When does he get this?

He gets it in the Star Wars: Republic comic book, came out a few months back, and its from Asaj Ventress, right before he tangles her up in cables and drops her down into the bowels of Coruscant

Do a right click on the image, andyou should be able to determine its location. It's from the offical Star Wars site. It's a pic of the toy, due out April 2. You can see the pilot is the same feller in the previous screen cap, minus the frightened expression.

Having looked at both pics, (the frame cap and the incredible one you supplied above dfrom ep3) there are some differences, notably the color of the stripe on the top of the helmet... however, note also that the helmet changed dramstically from the EP2 design. Moreover, there aren't any other ships with a cockpit like that. Abd to finally puit it to rest, look atthe quicktime version of the trailer. It's clearly and arc fighter, until it blows up.

Edited by RainBot

Just saw a bit of the making of EP3. Some of the fight scenes between Obi and Anakin were completely CG.

spoilerish:

Obi vs Anakin fight is VERY intense. Their sabers become a whirlwind of light and that distincitve saber sound. At one point they engage in a Force duel (you see this in the trailer when Obi has his hands up straining)

Lucas has also declared there are no more SW movies after this. And he will never allow anyone else to make one either. There is of course the planned TV series for the franchise (we of course already knew this bit)

Actually, he said that there will be no episode 7 and that he wouldn't let someone make episode 7. He never said that there would be no more star wars movies period.

My GUESS is that since he's already letting people make a TV show/games/cartoons etc, he'll eventually give in and let someone make movies. They just won't deal with the characters/timeframe in the previous 6 movies and they'll probably won't be made for quite a while.

Keep in mind, SW is a money maker and as long as that is the case, there will always be a future for it.

that helmet looks like a fusion between a VF-0 pilot helmet and an X-wing pilot helmet. by the way, the cockpits looks claustrophobic, like in a F-1 mirage.

Could be a Clone, the reason I question it is that this picture looks as if the clone pilots in the ARC-170 are wearing full helmets just as the pilots did in Ep.II, like this picture

Where did you get that picture? Is it the toy of the ARC-170?

Hey in that 1st picture, there are 2 clone pilots....the top one seemed to be where the R2-droid should be? :blink:

Just saw a bit of the making of EP3. Some of the fight scenes between Obi and Anakin were completely CG.

spoilerish:

Obi vs Anakin fight is VERY intense. Their sabers become a whirlwind of light and that distincitve saber sound. At one point they engage in a Force duel (you see this in the trailer when Obi has his hands up straining)

The 2 will be jumping around and it's kinda hard to do that with normal people, especially if it's their force jumping.

The lightsaber fight will be much like the fight in Episode 1. They did not speed up the footage, it's all done in real-time (i.e. their moving that fast). The guys trained before the filming started and once they started, they trained even more. I can imagine many people will be watching this fight in slow-motion when the DVD comes out.

I kinda like that ARC-170. Mix of X-Wing and E-wing in there.

I love the current dark horse star wars, star wars: republic, and star wars :empire comics that have been running recently. Great stories great artwork. By the way did anyone else notice a cameo appearance by one of the comics most famous jedi ....

dhswrepublic72.jpg

Edited by SpacePirateNeko