Yamato 1/48 GBP Pic

Graham

Spring 2005 and all we have seen so far is a sketch? I'm not anticipating seeing this until late 2005 or early 2006. Lately, we've seen prototype pics at least 6 months in advance of the actual release. How long ago did we see the first pic of the VB and VF-0?

In any case, I can patiently wait for this one as long as it does eventually come out. This will be a beautiful compliment to the 1/48.

Great news and thanks for the pics G.

Now hou 'bout a two-seater like the VF-1D, Ostrich or Elintseeker...

sweet,

best news since radial tires,,,,gotta think that all the bitching MW has done on this subject, had to account for something,, we can hope :)

agreed we all have to start bitching about the elintseeker and ostrich, and how we want one maybe we will get lucky. :lol:

Yep thanks Graham! This place is just bliss to me at the moment, I am so deleriously happy! I love this place! And I love Yamato! And I shall express it using my wallet! *looks at wallet*.........uhm.... maybe later.

AHHHHHHHHHH! God-damn I can't wait for that.

I'll probably only spring for the separate GBP set, but I wonder if they would consider a full set, ala' the 1/60 version. A 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru with GBP! :D

It would be upwards of $200, but would be the ultimate set.

While I'm wishing, how about a sturdier box with better artwork?

Wow, the crotch armor extands all the way to it's KNEES. :o:lol:

GREAT! thanks Graham~

but I didn't see any text about VF-0S has been cancelled?!

I didn't read Japanese, but I DO read Chinese characters in those text, nothing really important.

"We introduced 1/100 VF-0S in last issue, now have some news about 1/48 VFs......GBP will be sold separately, release date to be 2005 spring......wait for our next issue for more news...."

Gotta prepare some BIG money!

what he said. the only thing they say about the vf-0s is they introduced (or had an update on) the 1/100 project that yamato is working on in the last issue.

as for the 1/48 GBP parts, it says that these will be released separately as were the fast packs, but that there is a set with a vf-1j included also being planned. it says price is yet to be determined and the tentative release date is spring '05.

as far as the likelihood of this being released compared to the yf19fp, yeah this is only a line art drawing, but as far as I know, the yf19fp didn't even get any articles in japanese hobby magazines saying that it was coming, so i think this GBP set is a lot more likely to actually be released than the yf19. i'm pretty sure the only way we even knew that a yf19fp was in the works was because 1. the other mac plus fp valks were released and 2. because graham and noel told us about it.

edit: funky grammar

Edited by cyde01

GREAT! thanks Graham~

but I didn't see any text about VF-0S has been cancelled?!

I didn't read Japanese, but I DO read Chinese characters in those text, nothing really important.

"We introduced 1/100 VF-0S in last issue, now have some news about 1/48 VFs......GBP will be sold separately, release date to be 2005 spring......wait for our next issue for more news...."

Gotta prepare some BIG money!

I didn't say that's what the text said. I was just listing some guesses what it might say, as I can't read either Japanese or Chinese.

Graham

it will be better in quality but it will also have the same faults as the 1/60

The only 2 faults that the 1/60 really had were: -

1) the front groin armor kept popping off. Hopefully Yamato have learnt their lesson. Anyway, the larger size of the 1/48 should allow for a stronger/better connection.

2) The legs were prone to fall off on the 1/60 when fitted with GBP armor due to the armor preventing the hip pegs from seating sufficiently deep. Obviously, the 1/48 will not have this problem as the legs do not detach.

Graham