Yamato 1/48 GBP Pic

Graham

Now the original hands looks really too small...where is TV hands?

If there is a VF-1J w/GBP, I hope Yamato will make the package more like a diarama "prepare for launch"~ B))

Edited by newca

I just made some space at home by selling most of my older toys and not to mention a few of the 1/48s ;)

I guess now I will have to get a few more 1/48s not too mention space problem again...real headache...but definately worth it :D

Come on Yamato bring out the GBP-1S asap!!!

Valk009 :)

If there is a VF-1J w/GBP, I hope Yamato will make the package more like a diarama "prepare for launch"~ B))

Do you mean a hangar with catwalk and maintenance crew? I would guess only if they are painted within the box. I would just prefer a sturdier box with a beautiful painting of the GBP, but some cell art from "Miss Macross" featuring the GBP would be okay. Definately getting at least 3 sets. :D 1 for my nekkid 1J, 1 for the forthcoming Roy 1S and a hopeful 1 for a CF.

I just hope that Yamato will figure out a way to fit the GBP without removing the nosecone <_<

Why? :huh: If you want that, just stick with the 1/60 version. If you look at the pic with the battroid's back on the first page, you will notice that the tip of the nosecone is not visible. Which only means that it had to have been removed. I prefer the look of the line art, which I think the 1/48 version will come closest to replicating. Viva Yamato! :)

yo, the 0s hasn't been cancelled. graham was just wonderin' what the article said about it. however, rumors that mac 0 wasn't popular in japan and no news on a sv-51 or vf-0d is making me a little concerned. hopefully the 0a and 0s will sell well and convince yamato to go ahead with the rest of the m0 valks.

cyde01 Posted on Nov 24 2004, 01:53 AM

yo, the 0s hasn't been cancelled. graham was just wonderin' what the article said about it. however, rumors that mac 0 wasn't popular in japan and no news on a sv-51 or vf-0d is making me a little concerned. hopefully the 0a and 0s will sell well and convince yamato to go ahead with the rest of the m0 valks.

Whoa, as much as I like the the VF-0 design, I would like to take things one at a time. Let's see the VF-0S released first, and then we can start contemplating about the other VF-0 variations ;) .

hmm, I was kinda hoping that the 1/48 GBP armour would require the nose cone being removed and stored in the armour to make it look a little closer to the line art, but it appears not the case.

still, this is very cool news and the CAD drawings look great, let's hope they load this set up with as much detail and thoughtfullness as the fast packs.

cyde01 Posted on Nov 24 2004, 01:53 AM

Whoa, as much as I like the the VF-0 design, I would like to take things one at a time. Let's see the VF-0S released first, and then we can start contemplating about the other VF-0 variations ;) .

Well, call me impatient but I was hoping the first releases of MZero stuff would be out while the series was still on going(like Hasegawa's models), and that we'd be getting to the second or third releases of the series by now. Plus, most people (at least on this forum) like the 0D way better than any of the other variants. People were getting impatient about hearing news of a 0D months ago. I know transforming toys take much longer than models and Yamato doesn't have a track record for being fast, but think about how long they've had since ep1. Crap, going way OT, guess I should be happy with the 1/48 GBP. :)

OK, I'm back. I just did the translation, too.

It seems that there will be both a parts-only and a "coupled with 1J" set.

Regarding Yamato's Macross line-up, last issue we brought you news of the 1/100 variable VF-0S. This issue we bring you a special newsflash concerning the perfect variable 1/48 scale VF-1 Valkyries. The Armored Valkyrie is finally here!

That's right, here is the lineart illustrating the 1/48 VF-1 compatible Armored Parts. Similarly to the previously released Super Pack, these parts will be packaged on their own, allowing you to place them on the 1/48 Valkyries already on release. There is also news of a planned VF-1J set release, as featured in the movie. For the 1/48 Valkyrie owners, the standalone parts, for those who do not, take advantage of this opportunity, with the set version!

More information on this Armored Valkyrie as we get it! Can't wait!

Edited by Renato

OK, I'm back. I just did the translation, too.

It seems that there will be both a parts-only and a "coupled with 1J" set.

Regarding Yamato's Macross line-up, last issue we brought you news of the 1/100 variable VF-0S. This issue we bring you a special newsflash concerning the perfect variable 1/48 scale VF-1 Valkyries. The Armored Valkyrie is finally here!

That's right, here is the lineart illustrating the 1/48 VF-1 compatible Armored Parts. Similarly to the previously released Super Pack, these parts will be packaged on their own, allowing you to place them on the 1/48 Valkyries already on release. There is also news of a planned VF-1J set release, as featured in the movie. For the 1/48 Valkyrie owners, the standalone parts, for those who do not, take advantage of this opportunity, with the set version!

More information on this Armored Valkyrie as we get it! Can't wait!

Great work! Thanks for the translation dude! ;)

I just hope that Yamato will figure out a way to fit the GBP without removing the nosecone  <_<

Actually as prone as even the refined nosecones are to falling off, I would prefer to remove it since undboutedly, it would fall off once you had the armor on anyway, and you would have a rattling part rolling around in the crotch!

My only worry now is how much this baby will cost! I would estimate at least $125 for the Armor alone, and bundled with a 1J - :o

Edited by Mechamaniac

I just hope that Yamato will figure out a way to fit the GBP without removing the nosecone  <_<

Actually as prone as even the refined nosecones are to falling off, I would prefer to remove it since undboutedly, it would fall off once you had the armor on anyway, and you would have a rattling part rolling around in the crotch!

My only worry now is how much this baby will cost! I would estimate at least $125 for the Armor alone, and bundled with a 1J - :o

really? I'm guessing just a little over the FP... $75-80.

too early for me to start crossing fingers....

I hope you're right, but IF Yamato does the GBP right, then it will be a huge chunk of plastic and die cast.

IF they do it right, then it better have all the main hatches open, and all removeable missiles/grenades etc.

IF they do it right, it should have removeable engine covers for the booster packs, and perhaps even for the leg or arm armors.

Now, the Die Cast is questionable, more than likely they will use the same die cast pins they use to connect the booster packs in the FP set, and that will be the bulk of the die cast content.

IF all that happens, then I bet it will be pretty spendy. Like I said, I hope you're right, but I will be absolutely floored if it comes in under $100.

I say $125 retail.

Not geting one personally. My single set of 1/60 GBP fills that requirement for me.

Unless I win the lotto. Then I'll get a 1J with the armor.

Edited by Anubis

come on, it should be about the same price as the Fast Packs, i say around 60 to 75, nothing more

anything more than 75 would be a rip off

as for the 1:48 Bundle i except to see the same prices as the VF-1J's with FP's

around 160 to 180

Also look at the 1:60 with GBP, it sells for 90 bucks now, and the GBP sells for 35

not that expensive

I hope you're right, but IF Yamato does the GBP right, then it will be a huge chunk of plastic and die cast.

IF they do it right, then it better have all the main hatches open, and all removeable missiles/grenades etc.

IF they do it right, it should have removeable engine covers for the booster packs, and perhaps even for the leg or arm armors.

Now, the Die Cast is questionable, more than likely they will use the same die cast pins they use to connect the booster packs in the FP set, and that will be the bulk of the die cast content.

IF all that happens, then I bet it will be pretty spendy. Like I said, I hope you're right, but I will be absolutely floored if it comes in under $100.

Quiet you fool! Yamato spies are listening!!!

Umm...yeah. *cough**cough*. These things suck! Nose-cone removal?! I'll only pay....$20 for each!!

:blink::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Quiet you fool! Yamato spies are listening!!!

Umm...yeah. *cough**cough*. These things suck! Nose-cone removal?! I'll only pay....$20 for each!!

:blink::ph34r::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

OMG, someone has some sense. ;)

i really can't see the GBP selling for more than the FP's. the FP got all sorts of features/gimmicks while the GBP is just a hunk of sculpted plastic that has some opening hatches....which isn't very much IMHO. even if they make it so the mini-missile are removeable, that still wouldn't justify a high price tag.

in all honesty i can't see them selling for more than $50, $60 tops or atleast thats the maximum amount i'd be willing to pay.

I'm happy for you guys.

I won't be getting it. Like Anubis, I'm satisfied with my 1/60 GBP. Although, to add to Graham's list of defects, another fault of the 1/60 is that it can't swivel the lower legs due to the 1/60 design, which puts the swivel inside the calf. This shouldn't be a problem with the 1/48's, where the swivel is in the knees.

Also happy that Yamato is chugging along with more Macross stuff, even if the pace has slowed a bit. Here's hoping for a green Q-Rau...1/72 or larger MZero Valks...destroids...battlepods...

I say $125 retail.

Not geting one personally. My single set of 1/60 GBP fills that requirement for me.

Unless I win the lotto. Then I'll get a 1J with the armor.

$125?!

good lord, no.

thats how much a tranforming, designed-piece-of-art valk is going for and I'll be damned if a snap on gbp costs that much...

like haterist said. worth $60 tops.

guesstimate yamato markup: +$15

That is AWSOME, finally the GBP is comming out :D This is truly a wonderful time to be a Macross fan.

I am just as freaked out as the next MWer in here, but i just had to post this picture in here to "help" us all really imagine how the 1/48 GBP will most likely look like when its done.

"Now its my turn!"

Holy crap! For a second I thought it was the real thing, that model is awesome.

Hope the price will not be high, there are also the shipping cost for us in the harmony gold territory.

Does anyone know if THIS is the reason Yamato made the nosecone removable in the first place? Were they planning to release the GBP Armor for the 1/48 line from the very start?

I mean seriously......who really cares about the stupid radome. :lol:

Does anyone know if THIS is the reason Yamato made the nosecone removable in the first place? Were they planning to release the GBP Armor for the 1/48 line from the very start?

I mean seriously......who really cares about the stupid radome. :lol:

I dont know man, they allready had flaps and very detailed landing gear. BUT, on the other hand they had provisions for the fast packs at the very start ;)

This is only dimly on topic, but the 1J FAST packs; do they look and good on the low viz?

Just coz as I said before, Id be more likelt to buy that and a seperate Armour so i could have more Valks bulked up.

why yes they do! :D

i put the regular strike pack on the LV and it look kind of bleh. then the TV armor came out and it looks 100 times better on the LV IMO.

i'd stick with picking up some super 1J's so you get a bunch of TV FP's. keep 1 set for the hikaru, 1 set for a TV roy, and 1 set for the LV. if you got the clear FP's you can slap them on the LV(it looks awesome!) and use the extra booster and leg covers to hook up your M&/orM with the TV color covers instead of the red and/or blue.