Yamato 1/48 GBP Pic

Graham

Surprised nobody has posted this yet, but page 148 of the new January issue of Hobby Japan magazine features a small black and white CG lineart pic of the upcoming Yamato 1/48 GBP armour.

No price is mentioned and the release date shows sometime in 2005. Perhaps Renato or one of the other MW members who read Japanese can translate the text.

If nobody else has posted the pic by the time I get home tonight, then I will scan it and post it.

Oh, and my guess is from the length of the groin armor in the pic, it looks like it will be necessary to remove the nosecone to fit the armor.

Graham

this is great news this is the one thing i have been really wanting it looks like Yamato has us covered for next year as well with Macross stuff. please somebody post pics. :)

a January issue in November?

Due to the tilt of the earths axis, and the fact that Japan is much further north than most of the posters on macrossworld, the angle of the earths surface relative to the equator reduces the amount of ambient light that hits the surface. So the suns warming rays have a greatly reduced effect. Thus there is a "international season line" that you have to take into account. This is why many anime magazines have a 3month lead relative to magazines published closer to the equator. ;):lol::rolleyes::p

Here's the pic of the 1/48 GBP from the latest issue of Hobby Japan magazine. Notice the text also mentions something about the VF-0S. I'm guessing it says either: -

• The 1/48 GBP is designed by the same company that did the VF-0S (I hope not)!
  • The 1/48 GBP will come after the VF-0S.
  • The VF-0S has been cancelled!!! :p

Hopefully somebody can translate the text.

Graham

holy crap it looks awesome. i hope the missle's in the GBP can be taken out like the ones on the fast packs, i just think the detail would be far better especially for customizers. i do not like the ones that are built in. i cannot wait for this to come out.

this is a very welcome news. I hope it doesn't stay on the "just a project" stasis and becomes a reality..

Btw; I haven't seen the 1/48 VE-1's or Ostrich convertions anywhere, what's going on??

GREAT! thanks Graham~

but I didn't see any text about VF-0S has been cancelled?!

I didn't read Japanese, but I DO read Chinese characters in those text, nothing really important.

"We introduced 1/100 VF-0S in last issue, now have some news about 1/48 VFs......GBP will be sold separately, release date to be 2005 spring......wait for our next issue for more news...."

Gotta prepare some BIG money!