New PStwo

bandit29

Awesome. I never bought a PS2, this may make the decision to get one a little easier.

That is really cool, I lugged my PS2 all the way from Chattanooga to Hawaii last year, the new size reduction will make that little sucker extremely handy to carry around.

Just by looking at the photo I think that it would be possible to remove about half the Pages from a 100CD case, insert a foam liner and you would be able to carry around a PS2, cables and 50 games in the space of one large CD wallet.

The PS2 still has my money for travelling universal media device, games, DVD's and music in a pinch, the only thing that would make it better would be a rechargable battery :)

wow i did not relize the new ps2 would be so small, it looks good. but i already got one so i do not need this one, it is a shame i would rather have the small sleeker one.

chris

Came earlier than I expected it---which is good, because Xenosaga 2 will SO kill my launch-day PS2. Heck, Ace Combat 5 might, since I like to replay every mission with every plane...

And I needed a new controller anyways, might as well wait another 6 weeks.

I'm still amazed that some people still have functioning launch models. Mine went kaput after about a year.

Heh. Mine's fine and running strong. Got mine on X-mas, and it's been to Cottages, Parties, NY parties, and back. It's here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and it's all out of bubblegum. :p

That PSTwo looks kinda cool. It must be the supermodel version. You turn it sideways and it disappears. :D

looks like it still uses a tray for loading.

oh well, not gonna get it, gotta figure out how to install a bigger hard drive in mine than the standard sony one.

november 1 in the us. guess i will go see it in the store, everyone i know already has the original ps2.

i stood in line for 4 hours to get the first ps2.

I'm still amazed that some people still have functioning launch models. Mine went kaput after about a year.

I don't know what some people do with their ps2... I have mine since launch in vertical position and I NEVER had a single problem with it. Too bad the new one has no hd support... my HDLoader is indeed loaded B))

I don't know what some people do with their ps2... I have mine since launch in vertical position and I NEVER had a single problem with it. Too bad the new one has no hd support... my HDLoader is indeed loaded B))

I agree, only time I had a console break was when my cousin was trying to get a dirty game on SNES to play and kept turning the thing on and off until it no longer turned on.

For petes sake, my atari 2600 still works, you just have to be gentle. :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who hopes it's top-loading. No matter how careful you are (and I am obsessively careful with discs), most any tray-loader will make some scratches. (Strangely, my car CD player is much much better than my PS2 or PC, it never leaves even the tiniest mark)

And the PStwo looks even thinner than the thinnest Sony DVD player, how there could be room inside for a tray mechanism...