This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

5 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Honestly, the thought of HG foaming at the mouth and trying to prevent these products getting sold in the US is the best part of this situation.  Best part is, they'd be fighting to defend Big West's IP.

Or my personal best case scenario?  HG starts importing the bootlegs to sell on Robotech.com.  I don't know if the legal system works this way, but in my personal fantasy, it would be gloriously satisfying to see Big West step in and destroy HG for supporting the illegal reproduction and sale of their licensed property.

Lol... HG may just officially made this KO to be original... so KO will become official product... :lol:

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

Oh yeah they have this classic:

Battlestar Galactica skeleton fighter transformers toys 1 72 Macross VF-31j bombing aircraft models

http://www.yoycart.com/Product/538146807888/

WTF is that...??? a BSG Valkyrie! LOL! :rofl:

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

But will it be Arcadia pink-white? :p

if its not then im gonna cancel my order! hehe! :lol:

That looks like the 1/55 KO's that were in all the Chinese tat shops a few years ago, myself and several MWers bought them to use as parts for custom 1/55 builds .

There were some that honestly the blister pack they came in was better and stronger. The better ones were like in the link, almost 100% part swappable with actuall bandai/taka ones, to make some horrific abominations. 

So if they use the same construction plastics and method then the KO's will be of good quality. Arcadia should be worried imo.

Edited by big F

12 hours ago, Sandman said:

Oh yeah they have this classic:

Battlestar Galactica skeleton fighter transformers toys 1 72 Macross VF-31j bombing aircraft models

That's the good thing about 3Ps. Arcadia has never released a Battlestar Galactica Skeleton VF-31J. So these satisfies the need for a most craved collectable item.

;)

On 3/28/2017 at 10:27 PM, big F said:

That looks like the 1/55 KO's that were in all the Chinese tat shops a few years ago, myself and several MWers bought them to use as parts for custom 1/55 builds .

There were some that honestly the blister pack they came in was better and stronger. The better ones were like in the link, almost 100% part swappable with actuall bandai/taka ones, to make some horrific abominations. 

So if they use the same construction plastics and method then the KO's will be of good quality. Arcadia should be worried imo.

Ah, yes. The good old Galaxy Defender. There were also those red/white carded ones with the opaque canopies and LEDs - I believe that those may be the ones you describe as being poorer quality than the packaging they came in.

13 hours ago, spanner said:

seeing these M&M's are so cheap, I ordered a 2nd set for my son who surprisingly now likes VF-1's!?!? :rolleyes:

I have forced my daughter into fandom.  I let her play with my bandai 1/55, she can articulate my arcadia, but never for playing (unless I'm home alone then I go whoosh when Roy flies around the room, don't judge you know you do it too).

I have a question about the Yamato vs. Arcadia Vf-0 differences, what thread would be best?

Probably not planning to get one of these. As  much as I love the VF-1 design, I'm deathly bored of buying/collecting VF-1 toys after 30 years of owning so many different makes, models and scales.

But nonetheless am eagerly waiting to read some MWers in-depth reviews of these bootleg toys to see how they compare.

When are these available, as I saw the tabao M+Ms are pre-order, but the Fokker VF-1S on tabao and yoycart are already available I think.  Has anyone received one yet?

On 4/5/2017 at 5:01 AM, sh9000 said:

I'll probably get a set once you receive yours and give your impressions of them.

Haha, yep! Thank you spanner for taking the plunge! The future of these KOs is in your hands (or anyone else who can give a good review of them)!

4 minutes ago, danth said:

What is the link to the 1/60 M&M KO everyone is talking about?

I sent you a link that I found and maybe spanner can share the one(s) he used?

Im sure there will be video reviews up on youku/ youtube / bilibili before anyone here recieved theres.  Unfortunately it wont be in English.  But im sure itll be easily understandable given we pretty much know the inside out of a vf-1.

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, yep! Thank you spanner for taking the plunge! The future of these KOs is in your hands (or anyone else who can give a good review of them)!

I sent you a link that I found and maybe spanner can share the one(s) he used?

hehe! I can't take any credit at all as im sure many (hundreds) of others have also taken the plunge! :p 

Im certainly very eager to see the end result! Im sure they will turn out ok! after all the Russians successfully copied the B-29 bomber into the Tu-4 and the Chinese build a whole raft of Russian planes themselves so im sure they can handle a Valkyrie toy!

here is the link where I bought my two sets..

https://world.taobao.com/item/544759976997.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700838.0.0.j5yvI7&_u=72vt1bmj44ce

1 minute ago, spanner said:

hehe! I can't take any credit at all as im sure many (hundreds) of others have also taken the plunge! :p 

Im certainly very eager to see the end result! Im sure they will turn out ok! after all the Russians successfully copied the B-29 bomber into the Tu-4 and the Chinese build a whole raft of Russian planes themselves so im sure they can handle a Valkyrie toy!

here is the link where I bought my two sets..

https://world.taobao.com/item/544759976997.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700838.0.0.j5yvI7&_u=72vt1bmj44ce

Nice! I'm sure they could come out great, which is why I'm interested. Now that the official versions are announced, just gotta see how it goes. Like I mentioned in the Arcadia thread, it's pretty much a matter of how many sets I buy of what versions at this point.

You know what would be interesting and possibly a game changer? If these KO companies release valks in real world non-canon or master file paint schemes. It's something that an officially licensed company would probably never do, but is well within the realm of these unlicensed manufacturers. I think the potential market for these "custom paint schemes" would be immense.

14 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

You know what would be interesting and possibly a game changer? If these KO companies release valks in real world non-canon or master file paint schemes. It's something that an officially licensed company would probably never do, but is well within the realm of these unlicensed manufacturers. I think the potential market for these "custom paint schemes" would be immense.

If they did a Minmay Guard I couldn't resist picking up a few.

These might be good to get for the simple reason that over time if you keep handling and transforming the real deal is going to get loose joints, prone to break and will show signs of wear.   You can play with a KO all you want without fear of damaging it while your real stuff sits harmlessly on display.

The M&Ms have the notoriously prone to scratching white paint on the areas on either side of the head that slide into the chest during transformation. Cheap KOs would make transformation to battroid a lot less scary.