BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

If this is real, then Bandai is out to get Arcadia. They're stepping on their chest with this release.

Operation Bankrupt Arcadia is now commencing.

post-15116-0-45668000-1446113814_thumb.jpg

forget VF-19 advanced! this would be the 19 tampo release i have been waiting for!

Edited by seti88

attachicon.gifstar-wars-empire-strikes-back-poster.jpg

forget VF-19 advanced! this would be the 19 tampo release i have been waiting for!

haha, I actually want some kind of confirmation before jumping on the hype train.

If this is true, however, then i want to see a Bandai YF-21!

And after Bandai have destroyed Arcadia....

43403758.jpg

I dont get it tho, as i would thk that arcadia would have some exclusive hold on the M+ license for 1/60 as they released the YF-19 fast pack version not too long ago. This is from reading abt all the licensing issues from past forum postings..

Unless of course its somehow recinded from arcadia's part?

and for that same reason, M7 licensing too..

Edited by seti88

What are the differences in the vf 19 vs yf19?

Transformation mechanism might be similar, but legs are bigger(?) and more rounded, with different feet and tail fins. Wings are different. Shoulders are completely changed (more exaggerated and "anime" than YF-19's blocky ones). I believe it lacks the forward canards of the YF-19 as well, and the forward fuselage itself isn't as aggressive as the YF's.

Then again, this is all from what I remember of the old Bandai VF-19 toy I had as a kid, so...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775#gallery_top

In its larger 1/60-scale DX Chōgōkin line, Bandai will offer:

Macross Plus: YF-19

please dont let this be a joke or a misread!

Bandai is not teasing a 1/60 YF-19, the title refers to the giant SDF-1 and then it says: "Also 1/100 Valkyrie II & VF-4, 1/60 YF-19 & Macross Delta fighters".

Animenewsnetwork provides links and information for all those releases/series. The 1/100 Valkyrie II is clearly the Evolution Toys one.

Bandai is not teasing a 1/60 YF-19, the title refers to the giant SDF-1 and then it says: "Also 1/100 Valkyrie II & VF-4, 1/60 YF-19 & Macross Delta fighters".

Animenewsnetwork provides links and information for all those releases/series. The 1/100 Valkyrie II is clearly the Evolution Toys one.

I was skeptical too but when i read the bandai will release part of the article i woke the hell up! Adrian lozano you better be reporting correctly else you will have an itano barrage of missiles commenting heading ur way!!

Its a exhibition until the weekend, so its possible that the annoucement is true as the trade interviews roll on.

Of course we cant say if bandai will follow thru on it..

Evolution toys is releasing a current 1/60th not 1/100 and certainly with out a SAP. So unless they suddenly are canabalising their release i would thk the 1/100 refers to bandai.

What are the differences in the vf 19 vs yf19?

Transformation mechanism might be similar, but legs are bigger(?) and more rounded, with different feet and tail fins. Wings are different. Shoulders are completely changed (more exaggerated and "anime" than YF-19's blocky ones). I believe it lacks the forward canards of the YF-19 as well, and the forward fuselage itself isn't as aggressive as the YF's.

Then again, this is all from what I remember of the old Bandai VF-19 toy I had as a kid, so...

The most important difference is that VF-19 comes with 'two shields' rather than one like YF-19. :lol:

The best part of this things are Bandai's prices are far better than Arcadia's!!!! :D

The worst part is Bandai's general release ordering is a nightmare.

In its larger 1/60-scale DX Chōgōkin line, Bandai will offer:

Macross Plus: YF-19

Macross 7: VF-19 Custom Excalibur (Basara Nekki Special)

To me, there is a difference between teasing and will offer. Hopefully the author did the fact checking before putting out this article. Hard to find it credible when he says the largest toy of the Macross spaceship was only 1/3000 or is the 1/2000 not considered a toy but a model kit?

Edited by wmkjr

If they go the extra mile and rework the VF-19 Advance to have the correct canards and canopy? I might bite. I'm just a sucker for that airframe, even in McDonalds form.

I'm not sure what Bandai hopes to accomplish though... are they just trying to adapt Macross as a second cash cow to supplement their domination of Gundam? With all the improvements they keep making, they still don't seem interested in making aircraft, so much as mecha that coincidentally transform into flying machines.

I'm being incredibly picky I know, but when are they going to actually start painting their landing gear white? Yamato did that from the start, and Bandai not doing that just winds up making it look like they really don't care, despite all the other effort they put in. I can't help feel like they actually cling to certain inaccuracies as if they're a trademark.

If Bandai is taking over, it would be a sad day. Bandai's quality isn't as good between the Arcadia 19, and the Bandai 19 Advance. The engineering just seems overdone and too prone to floppy mishaps. That said, at least there'd be more stuff continuing.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i honestly think it's a bad source/structured article, some of the things in the article doesn't even make sense. i'll wait for confirmation. pics or it didn't happen

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The AD 2012 panel if my 40 yr old eyes don't deceive me looks like Hi metal R vf-4 that was theorized.

Today has been like force Friday for Macross Fans minus all the overblown hype!

Edited by Golden Arms

The AD 2012 panel if my 40 yr old eyes don't deceive me looks like Hi metal R vf-4 that was theorized.

Today has been like force Friday for Macross Fans minus all the overblown hype!

I think your eyes are working just fine, I think I see the same VF-4!! B))

Speaking of closeups, lets get one of that VF-2SS!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Guest davidwhangchoi

I think your eyes are working just fine, I think I see the same VF-4!! B))

Speaking of closeups, lets get one of that VF-2SS!

i see the vf2ss

i see macross zero in the back... i wonder if shin's will be the proper blue or grey