Jump to content
joppewo

Hi-Metal R

Recommended Posts

Nowhere. It was a fan-made scrachbuilt Model a while back in Model Graphix magazine (pretty sure that’s the one) and it’s never really left the Macross consciousness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2018 at 10:56 PM, fenrir72 said:

Second batch reorder? April is quite a long wait!

No they’re coming by boat.  ;)

22 hours ago, arbit said:

I don't get it, but it is awesome. What's that from?

I’m under the impression that the company will be selling the armor.

1F000DF4-1BB2-4C72-AD07-7BB16DB85272.thumb.jpeg.e8b5b5f9a3737738c0ad6863368a46f0.jpeg

Blue Fighters.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sildani said:

Nowhere. It was a fan-made scrachbuilt Model a while back in Model Graphix magazine (pretty sure that’s the one) and it’s never really left the Macross consciousness. 

Good call! I think I remember that now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20170514_234125.jpg.bec7fd3fbcb5ce

 

large.20170514_234132.jpg.c873862d449b1f

Wasn't that supposedly the updated GBP Armour after seeing it in action in DYRL and the Reaction Armour for the VF-0s in Zero Series (even though it's scaled in 1/72 size)?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20170514_234125.jpg.bec7fd3fbcb5ce

 

large.20170514_234132.jpg.c873862d449b1f

I would also like to have one for my 1/60 VF-1. But I'm no good with resin kits. I think more of this like a 'Prototype' GBP Armor. ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valkryries :3

the VF-2SS is quite big!

IMG_20180307_224400.jpg.b8990dac50953dfbe29eadfee0c48695.jpg

IMG_20180307_224439.jpg.05938acd1086949c53a0e174238a1078.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice comparison. Though to be fair you should equip the VF-1 with super parts since the VF-2 has the SAP. :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nyankodevice said:

Valkryries :3

the VF-2SS is quite big!

IMG_20180307_224400.jpg.b8990dac50953dfbe29eadfee0c48695.jpg

IMG_20180307_224439.jpg.05938acd1086949c53a0e174238a1078.jpg

That SDF-1 in the background still blows my mind.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7E227A56-72C1-4202-B27A-A0A1C37EE8DC.thumb.jpeg.5b7c68931c55c8b3f901548008583338.jpeg

Plastic Cretins sent me a pic of the Rabbit that I’ll be receiving.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Give me Destroids, or give me death!  

 

Edited by arbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

Valkryries :3

the VF-2SS is quite big!

Hey Nyanko, I'll take that SDF-1 off your hands if you don't need it:p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Plastic Cretins sent me a pic of the Rabbit that I’ll be receiving.

Complete with Misa and Kaifun, it would seem. Now you really need that HMR VT-1. (And a few N-Gers...)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sh9000 said:

7E227A56-72C1-4202-B27A-A0A1C37EE8DC.thumb.jpeg.5b7c68931c55c8b3f901548008583338.jpeg

Plastic Cretins sent me a pic of the Rabbit that I’ll be receiving.

How much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm impressed with their update. Might get one once it gets released. Thunder Hammer color is cool. ^_^

Quote

https://www.facebook.com/FEXT-HOBBY-1641462599257543/

Armour suits on - full picture revealed!

Pls. stay tuned for our full color version armour!

This is not a plastic model kit, it’s a ready made Armour accessories for 1:100 HMR series!

xiFKmOo.jpg

vsRQrvq.jpg

dj17mln.jpg

HUXUKoZ.jpg

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So are they planning on selling that as an unlicensed accessory? I might bite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These look amazing. I might have to buy several.  The details look really sharp for the scale. ESP for an unofficial release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heck, I'd get a set or two for the few HMR VF-1's I actually own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice; I have a naked vf-1j this would look good on. 

Will they have issues selling unlicensed accessories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

How much?

$160.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm impressed with their update. Might get one once it gets released. Thunder Hammer color is cool. ^_^

Thanks for posting the updated photos.  The order details for the armor is coming soon.  This is also their first item that they’re working on with possibly other types of HMR scaled items/upgrades later.  Can’t wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What, exactly, is the history behind that armor? I've seen kitbashes of it over the years, and I just assumed it was a fan being creative. I've never seen that armor in Macross or DYRL. Looks awesome, though. Does the VF-1 still transform with the armor on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i want a HMR fan liner and racer also booster rockets for the VF-1

and even a HMR ARMD... :p

 

btw that armor suit looks really snazzy :wub: would definitely take a HMR version of that... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Very nice; I have a naked vf-1j this would look good on. 

Will they have issues selling unlicensed accessories?

Well, it's a custom kit bash so I'm not sure if that person needs to be acknowledge or get paid. Unless Big West bought the rights on that design from that person then yeah, it might have copyright issues. But don't quote me on that. I'm just guessing. ;)

3 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

What, exactly, is the history behind that armor? I've seen kitbashes of it over the years, and I just assumed it was a fan being creative. I've never seen that armor in Macross or DYRL. Looks awesome, though. Does the VF-1 still transform with the armor on?

It's just a custom kit-bash and it didn't get featured from any of the series, games, and movies. And no. The VF-1 doesn't transform with the armors on. Even with the official GBP one.

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks for posting the updated photos.  The order details for the armor is coming soon.  This is also their first item that they’re working on with possibly other types of HMR scaled items/upgrades later.  Can’t wait.

You're welcome. Can't wait for the order details too. Hopefully it's not as much as $100 something. If it comes already pre-painted and with markings, I've give it a go. ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm impressed with their update. Might get one once it gets released. Thunder Hammer color is cool. ^_^

xiFKmOo.jpg

vsRQrvq.jpg

dj17mln.jpg

HUXUKoZ.jpg

 

Most impressive!

Not a big fan of the Thunder Hammer, but will encourage greater things via a purchase or two (is the the plan to make this available for purchase?)....it should fit the original Hi-Metal VF-1J too right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$160 oh me oh my lol

Welp maybe the timing of this release will coincide with a lull in others and allow me to buy one. I go back and forth on the valks in his line, though I am a big fan of the destroids!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

(is the the plan to make this available for purchase?)....it should fit the original Hi-Metal VF-1J too right?

Yes.  Order details will come soon and it looks it can fit the older HM.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

$160 oh me oh my lol

Welp maybe the timing of this release will coincide with a lull in others and allow me to buy one. I go back and forth on the valks in his line, though I am a big fan of the destroids!

$160 was the price of the 1/100 Rabbit and figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just found out some great news.  There will be a Fanliner and Fan Racer set that I can order in 1/100 scale.  They are going to be cool next to HMR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just found out some great news.  There will be a Fanliner and Fan Racer set that I can order in 1/100 scale.  They are going to be cool next to HMR.

From the same group that does the Thunder Hammer?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to clarify.  Plastic Cretins will be making a set of the Fanliner and Fan Racer.  I’m going to order them in 1/100 scale.  The HMR and 1/100 collection will keep growing.

12 hours ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Complete with Misa and Kaifun, it would seem. Now you really need that HMR VT-1. (And a few N-Gers...)

Definitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just found out some great news.  There will be a Fanliner and Fan Racer set that I can order in 1/100 scale.  They are going to be cool next to HMR.

so do they have a page / shop 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×