The hips so easily 'gliding' to the out position cheeses me off. ZIP, zip, zip. Stay closed would you! Off color jokes would be too easy here.

You guys know what I mean by the sliding hip joints?

If that was fixed, make the hips pivot out (so you get a real A stance), add chest cover (that doubles as bomber behind-cockpit-gap filler; EXO - clear up your schedule for this) and add top missile pods --- the toy is a 10 out of 10. I do not mind adding landing gear when changing to idle bomber mode...

As for Shadow Beta - 22 people will preorder. The rest will wait to see just how long they go over schedule, and how far the prices will drop on eBay...

Looks like Toynami is finally releasing the Shadow Beta.

http://www.bigbadtoy...400&mode=retail

S**t, I was planning on customizing a green tread. I wonder if its really worth the wait (as in; will it truly be released)? Probably not. (Goes back to customizing toys and waiting patiently for the Dark Knight Rises.)

Posted here too: http://www.manofactionfigures.com/products/robotech-mpc-beta-fighter-volume-4-toynami

Edited by blackconvoy_D01

Actually, you can pull off an A-stance with the Beta: Linky.

I'm NOT sure you could pull it off with the Alpha attached. But the hips do have the ability to pivot out a bit.

I'm surprised no one's annoyed with how gappy the Beta is between the legs and center fuselage in bomber mode. (Personally, I'm guessing it's a design compromise.)

The Blue Beta which is my only one, I paid $150 for when it came out. I LOVE it. No, it's not a Yamato product, but it does what it does! Looks big and imposing and doesn't crumble into dust...Was thinking about picking up the green and the red now, which the red can be had for like $70 around the net. The green is harder to come by for less than $150ish or more now. I wouldn't pay over $100 for one personally at this point.

Does anyone know the best version of the Legioss/Alpha fighter? I had one of the first toys but sold it a while back. A few of the new versions still seem to have the problem with the small landing gear. I want to get a good red version.

Also, it's a crime that we never got Rook's cyclone from Beagle. I still hope that a fan of the show at some company decides to finish the project. That is easily one of the best anime sportbikes.

So is there any hope in hell that yamato will ever make new toys of this old show?

Seems more like the diehard robotech fans would be the ones to buy this given mospeada wasn't that big a hit in japan as some have mentioned.

Yamato should work with HG and make all the alphas and betas. lol Share the risk and help to fund it.

I know I said robotech. This is the anime sci fi area so I can't be burned at the stake. hehe But let's face it, if you can get robotech fans to buy this too it might still be worth a shot to create new highly expensive but awesome transforming toys with none of the weaknesses of the past stuff. You rant and rave all day about how crap the toynami stuff is, it is time to email the people at robotech.com to make new masterpiece toys that do not crumble to dust.

Robotech is still fondly remembered by 30 year old guys who watched it as kids much like transformers in the west.

And with the recent transformers live actions movies people are getting nostalgiac about stuff they remember as kids and buying expensive toys. (version 2 optimus prime masterpiece is one example)

Good to hear that graham likes the beagle ride armor! Where were you when these were originally made?

It is one of the best toys I have ever seen. It is the one thing you can say really deseres the label masterpiece! (and lives up to the fancy boxart and presentation that the people that sell stuff on RT.com sell haha) I bought mine at full price when they first came out (the robotech version has the better face sculpt imo) and drooled all over the keyboard as soon as I saw pics about this on the boards.

I know the people here despise the existence of Robotech but without it I don't think I would have had access to the beagle because I remember the RT versions were slightly cheaper over the japanese ones and given the price of them at the time, it made a difference to me. I think if companies want to make more maybe they need to assess how many robotech fans out there would pay a large amount of money for a high quality toy as opposed to a display piece which is what the toynami MPC were.

I don't think of the toynami MPC as stuff that you are meant to handle (they are like model kits or collectors items that stay mint in the box) so that is why people forgive those more than yamato toys, But with today's toys now I am certain they can make robust toys which robotech fans would buy and be happy with.

One of the problems I had with the CM's Alphas was that the plastic was nice but the lack of detail and the skinny look in robot mode made it look like a different robot from what we saw in lineart.

If yamato could make these as robotech toys using all the knowledge they gained from doing macross products I think people would buy it up but just do it for the US audience who are familiar with the alpha and beta mechs in robotech and let the guys who do the boxart for robotech do the boxart for the toys not yamato lol.

You just got to keep in mind the american market for this is probably going to be bigger than for the japanese market where robot shows of all types compete with it. If the show there did not get much attention over there, then it is not likely many will remember it. But many fans of robotech do remember the alpha and beta fighter and how there were never really any proper transformable toys from it. They probably are familiar with "Jetfire" from the transformers and the chunky munky, but not any Alpha and beta fighters that they could easily get as kids. I suppose what robotech really needs is a live action movie like what transformers got to see a reawakening of old cartoons for the masses to care much about toys again. But if they aim it at the diehard collectors then it should be worth it still.

The reason beagle was at a big disadvantage was because of bad timing. I remember many other companies were making ride armour toys and the market was oversaturated much like what happens when many toys companies all want to make VF-1 toys and the company that makes the best one seems to gobble up all the attention from the others. (*cough* hi metal VF-1 for instance) In the case of the Beagle Ride armor. it was the best toy you could buy but really expensive and came too late to the party. (that means all the money people had for mospeada was already spent on toys made by megahouse and CMs)

But it has been a while since the last wave of toys and with the 30th anniversary the wallets have had time to heal from then. Maybe it is worth a shot to come back to this but only as a robotech line of toys? If yamato has enough guts to do a VF-4 and SDF-1 I don't see why not.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Does anyone know the best version of the Legioss/Alpha fighter? I had one of the first toys but sold it a while back. A few of the new versions still seem to have the problem with the small landing gear. I want to get a good red version.

Also, it's a crime that we never got Rook's cyclone from Beagle. I still hope that a fan of the show at some company decides to finish the project. That is easily one of the best anime sportbikes.

If you're going to touch them - ever - then go with CMs. If you like to display something on a shelf that looks more like the anime you remember go with Toynami...

Robotech fans want cheap toys... they complained about the mpcs being out of the average fans budget. Remember, being a robotech fan is different from most other anime. A yamato legioss would make robotech fans sad because they couldn't justify buying it... like the mpc cyclones.

While I would LOVE to see a Yamato attempt at Mospeada mecha, I'm not sure how feasible it would be to just target Robotech fans. I go back and forth on it myself - part of me says that there was enough demand during the last big anniversary that if Yamato released really great stuff right out of the gate and just crushed any possible competition afterwards, they might do better than any of the three competitors did the last go-round. Also, if the toolings and molds on stuff like the Beagle ride-armors is already done, it would save on a lot of R&D cost. However, if you just target the Robotech market, you're dealing with people who are used to comparing prices in the U.S. toy market and who have a lot of overlap with transformers fans. Ever go to Transformers boards and see how fans react to masterpiece and 3rd party toys? Anything over 100 dollars is ludicrously expensive to them (and I suppose, rationally, should be ludicrously expensive to anyone but the hardcore fans like us - heh, what can I say, we're the crazy ones!).

Ironically, the people on this board would probably be a better target audience than Robotech fans . . . .

Of course, a Legioss is much smaller than a Valkyrie and has a considerably simpler tranformation, so they might be able to pull of making that particular item cheaper than a 1/60 VF. If being cost effective is the name of the game, maybe they can design their Legios to fit with a toynami Tread, and just include upgrade parts to improve the tread (folding chest cover for soldier mode, a piece to improve the gappy crotch, things of that sort). Of course I'd love to see Yamato approach the Tread from scratch - if a Yamato combo pack were close to the price of the CM's legios/tread combo it would actually be worth the money IMHO, but I'm not sure how large a fanbase they'd have to sell it to.

However, a market DOES exist, just a small one. I wish I knew exactly how small so we could kind of guage the risk versus the potential . . . . nonetheless Toynami doesn't seem interested in capitalizing on it, Beagle is gone, and CM's and Megahouse both got mediocre responses from their attempts (and as far as I can tell, neither company is known for going back and doing 2.0 versions of their designs). Yamato could theoretically corner that entire market with virtually no competition. Really, with whats already been done historically and Yamato's current level of engineering and quality, I suspect they are the only ones out there that really COULD make a healthy profit on Mospeada.

If they market these toys to EVERYONE who might have an interest, from Robotech fans to Mospeada fans to just high end mecha fans, I think Yamato could be successful.

Heh, I'm crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath . . . . :)

If you're going to touch them - ever - then go with CMs. If you like to display something on a shelf that looks more like the anime you remember go with Toynami...

The Toynami version of the Legioss seems really similar to the original Gakken Alpha fighter I sold. Just with a few more details. I hated dealing with that thing. The CM doesn't seem to be as close to the anime drawings either.

Yamato should do a Legioss toy. It would probably be the best. I love my 1/48 and 1/60 VF-1 valkyries.

I thought Yamato was going to finish the Beagle ride armor/cyclone. At least release Rook's version. Beagle should have released Rook's version first. Every anime fan gets the girl characters. I don't know what Beagle was thinking. I know the two guys are the main characters but still I would think that a cute girl on a sportbike would sell more than a few guy characters.

I actually had a dream in which Yamato surprised us with a dual release of Yellow and Fuke (no joke :ph34r::huh: ). Then I realized it was only just a dream. I need to go outside or something :lol:

It is a prophecy of an upcoming event for sure! Jk

I rewatched all of Mospeada recently and had a dream that I was inside a legious flying around and stuff. Sometimes if you try to watch movies or anime or play a game in marathon session it affects what you dream about. heh Then when you wake up you feel like going back to sleep to see more of the dream. Maybe you were about to get blown up or killed and you did not eject in time? Usually when I am about to "die" in the dreams where there is some kind of danger involved I wake up right at that moment. Should I be scared?

Maybe my brain is telling me not to become a cannon fodder pilot if earth ever gets attacked by aliens or I will only waste a good robot which could have gone to more skilled people.

However, if you just target the Robotech market, you're dealing with people who are used to comparing prices in the U.S. toy market and who have a lot of overlap with transformers fans. Ever go to Transformers boards and see how fans react to masterpiece and 3rd party toys? Anything over 100 dollars is ludicrously expensive to them (and I suppose, rationally, should be ludicrously expensive to anyone but the hardcore fans like us - heh, what can I say, we're the crazy ones!).

Yeah but what about the crazy transformers fan?

Optimus Prime Masterpiece MP10 is still in the same range as yamato stuff:

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT39840

fans of TF even go so far to find the import if they think the quality is higher. The new prime MP-10 is smaller than the bigger MP of this character too. If a fan really loves a character a lot they might decide to cave and pay a bit more.

Maybe if mospeada was redone in japan maybe using cg, then brought to the west again (perhaps under robotech label) for a newer younger crowd or something, things would change? How many times does speed racer and that get reboots? It might be a good idea to use it as a way to redesign the original mech much like macross zero redesigned the vf-1 through the vf-0. (more curves etc) If I had it my way I would never let the beta fighter be a mech used for the air but merely a ground mech and then only go into booster mode for space use. (much like the glaug booster in macross)

It would be dropped off to earth in a parachute or something like that as a support weapon against heavy targets and never go into flight mode while on earth as seen in the original. And we get to see the big gun in the reboot.

Ah but to counter this most fans wait a year instead of importing the fig for the Hasbro release of it, like MP-10 which is being released this fall for a price tag of about $100 at TRU instead of it being $250+shipping from overseas. Though I was this close to taking the import plunge other figures I want now are allowing me to wait for the TRU version. Luckily I can still get first edition stuff as the price of those have risen higher than most TF fans are willing to pay but not for a Macross/Hot Toys fanatic like myself. That is considered cheap for me lol.

Robotech fans want cheap toys... they complained about the mpcs being out of the average fans budget. Remember, being a robotech fan is different from most other anime. A yamato legioss would make robotech fans sad because they couldn't justify buying it... like the mpc cyclones.

I think they got a different definition of cheap from recent toys.

TOP SECRET LOVE LIVE ALIVE PICS 1

TOP SECRET LOVE LIVE ALIVE PICS 2

No, it's a Conbat from Mospeada. IIRC it's the vehicle Yellow crashed on Earth in, the non-transformable fighters of the second earth reclamation mission.

uff^^

Thanks.

I Admited, what I don't remembe this fighter.

Non-transformable?

Shell Shock XD

Edited by Old_Nash

It's sad because don't have a Gerwalk or Batroid mode...

If it had... would be so easy to turn as the models for the VF-4?

It might get worse. Remember that this will be in a production using almost 30 year old animation combined with modren day animeque animation and CGI of varying quality getting released God knows when.

I was playing A.C.E. 3 still little.

And I remembered that MOSPEADA was never used in games of the franchise.

Neither the franchise parent (Super Robot Taisen).

Does anyone know the reason why?

I was playing A.C.E. 3 still little.

And I remembered that MOSPEADA was never used in games of the franchise.

Neither the franchise parent (Super Robot Taisen).

Does anyone know the reason why?

It wasn't as successful or popular as people think it was.

Oh no - Its A LOT more popular than people think it is.

It just didn't get good ratings in Japan at the time of its original airing.

Mospead lives on on many, many ways. Much more than many anime shows that got better TV rating at the time of their production...

---- Kudos to this guy ----- Wow, love this art technique and his style...

http://dagova.devian...F-DUTY-75171738

post-8486-0-82479700-1341598034_thumb.jpg

(stick smoking a stick)