IXTL

Has everyone received shipping confirmation from NY? I got two orders for the super parts and only one of them has been shipped. The other is still showing as Pre-Order - Payment OK (P).

I paid for my order about two days before the payment was due. I pre-ordered two sets when they first opened the pre-orders. I have not received my shipping confirmation yet. I'm going to email them since its been about a week when I submitted the payment.

Has everyone received shipping confirmation from NY? I got two orders for the super parts and only one of them has been shipped. The other is still showing as Pre-Order - Payment OK (P).

Yea NY just shipped my order this morning after I sent them a follow up email. This is actually the second time in a row where there was a whole week from when they said the (paid for) item would be in stock before it was actually shipped.

It's Thursday and no word from NY regarding my items. Sent them an e-mail and they haven't replied either. I'm starting to think buying in bulk from NY is a bad idea.

I'm in your same conditions, NO ANSWER,'m getting angry

I'm in your same conditions, NO ANSWER,'m getting angry

Mine shipped from NY and is already on a plane out of Japan.

Picked one set up last night. Colours are a bit darker than the alto set. Won't be putting on armour...reaction missiles FTW!

I don't get it. Why they bothered with that. I mean the Frontier line is clearly movie centric (Super and Armor Parts for the VF-171 and VF-27, the YF-29). In the movies the armor panels have a light gray color. Bandai decided to change the color of the armor panels into a different color than the Alto release. Why on earth did they not cast them in the right color. :angry:

I guess it is the same with the white skulls and crossbones on the YF-29 30th Anniversary Super Parts. It just makes no sense. However maybe Kawamori intervened and said the color in the movie looked dumb and he wants it changed into a dark blue. :(

Got my set from NY yesterday.

Sheesh, the Reaction missiles and MDEs are huge!

But on examining one of my VF-171 that has never been transformed and just kept on the shelf in fighter mode, I discovered a newly formed crack in one if the black triangle pieces :(

Graham

Yeah one of my armors from Ny arrived as well. The reaction missiles are ginormous. I loathe the circular pieces that connects the wings to the body. It takes way too much effort to remove and place them in correctly.

My VF-171 has been sitting in a display case since I bought it. Other then attaching the gunpod and lowering the gear, it's been virtually untouched. I just checked it out and sure enough, cracks on both black triangles.

Nice job Bandai. That has to be some sort of record for easiest Valk breakage. Do nothing and it still breaks.

Sooo, do you still use the small wing pins with the hard point wings, or just the big pins?

Also, the one cracked triangle that I got right out of the box is now multiple cracks on both sides just from sitting on my shelf. Good stuff.

Edited by HG Blows

While putting on the armor I twisted the leg wrong and when I tried to twist it back I broke off the knee cover and I can't seem to glue it back on. Maybe I'll break off the other knee cover to make it look symmetrical :( I guess it will just have to stay in plane mode

I picked up my super pack from the post office Saturday morning. I love the giant reaction and MDE missiles.

I already started work on recoloring the super pack, but when I was looking at the images Kelsain put up a couple pages ago, I noticed that the whole thing was just a monotone gray. I decided it would look better if it had some variation to the color and only painted the blue parts while masking off the other areas. I also chose to use medium gray which I thought looked better with the VF-171's blue-green than the light gray.

It's not done yet, but here's what I have so far.

DSC_5193.jpg