Finished with my Master Grade Astray Red Frame.  First one.

I cleaned up a lot of the visible nub marks, put the decals and stickers onto it, painted on a few areas which I think made it look nicer and painted some weathering and battle damage to it before applying some weathering pigment to top coat and let it all set.

First of a photo, got a few more poses I'd like to try and then take some more photos of before I'm "set" for it being a single pose for display.  Let me know what you think and what improvements I could attempt for the next project!

rf2.jpg.fa8fbe47d0ed1aeae1c00a60eee6ba1e.jpgrf1.thumb.jpg.4f73fb8ddcd8091530a62a7d57f03ef0.jpg

Hey, just plugging my FS thread again. I won a lot that had some stuff I wanted, and other stuff I didn't.

tl;dr - MG Ground Gundam, HG Harute, HG Gadessa, HG Zedas

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/45148-spare-gundam-kits/

@dero Does the Astray come with the older style thumb/trigger finger/three finger hands? Or are those fully articulated? Or even better, fixed pose? I like what you did, and the stickers look really good, all things considered. I guess that soak in the water didn't harm them very much. :p

Edited by kajnrig

On 30/11/2017 at 6:07 AM, kajnrig said:

@dero Does the Astray come with the older style thumb/trigger finger/three finger hands? Or are those fully articulated? Or even better, fixed pose? I like what you did, and the stickers look really good, all things considered. I guess that soak in the water didn't harm them very much. :p

The Red Frame comes with what I am lead to believe is the standard MG hands.  Articulated thumb and first finger, the last three are a single piece.  No fixed pose hands.

Stickers - majority of the stickers I actually left off because I ultimately didn't like the look it presented to the kit when applied.  The majority of what's on there are dry transfer decals.  I think the only stickers that managed to stay on the kit were the Tiger Pierce and Gerbera Straight name stickers which went onto the scabbards.  The water soak didn't do them too badly.  :lol:

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

Huh. I know I've seen that silhouette before, but for the life of me I can't place the name...

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

same and it's driving me nuts.

XM-07 Vigna Ghina

;)

after all these years that name still gives me a stupid smirk hahaha....

28 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Happy to see the TR-6, but would be even better if it were in MG

I am good with HG scale for this. Hopefully they will release the option sets for it. In MG scale the parts would be too big and expensive. I have no doubt this will be p-Bandai and be plenty expensive. Definitely getting this.  

Wow, the Vigna Ghina...one of my favourite MS in the entire Gundam universe although i love all the mechas from the F-91 movie. I hope we will see some more(especially the Berga giros and Dahgi Iris) The only problem i always had with them is the fact that they are shorter than most of the other mobile suits. I think most of them are around 15.2-15.5 meters which makes them just a bit too little for my taste once converted in gunpla. Anyway to me is a sure buy. Thanks Bandai!

They're finally finishing(?) the AoZ line. I had thought they would be done after the TR-5s, but apparently not. What are the chances they re-release the Primrose and Hrudududduududu and all those other AoZ docking crafts that have suspiciously HGUC-looking boxes but aren't part of the HGUC line?

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Does anyone know abt the details abt the lighted rg unicorn showed at the Gundam base? Is there a new release with lighted leds built in?

Irc, norn will have a light up edition. Then a few days or week after, there was an announcement that there will be similar version for the unicorn too

For an RG? Wow i tot that would be major news...how would it be implemented cos i dont see any wires...mini led batts?

That would open up possibility of lighting and what not on other gundams if so...not to mention macross!

Edited by seti88

Thanks for the link chyll... 

I do see what seems to be a neatly hidden bunch of wires tho coming from the wall behind, up to the RG's backpack. Maybe not so wireless after all...
That being said, its interesting that there may be a lighting solution at 1/144 scale. 

I just hope they have an option to turn the flickering off. Makes it look like the unicorn has battery problems and is experiencing trouble starting up! <_<

I am wrong on the wireless led. There was a recent product highlighted before, I just assumed it was these.

but as you mentioned, upon taking closer look, there are indeed wires. There are no price or availability date for this so currently, it is Bandai gauging the interest

Edited by chyll2

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Found a HGUC Ex-S Gundam at Mandarake for Y1500.

eBay has HGUC S-Gundam for $23.72 and HGUC Ex-S Gundam for $27.79.

Thank but I was asking for another reason. I recently started building my kits that I bought back in the mid 90s. I had quite a stockpile. I noticed some of the kits I have are not produced anymore. I just want to identify the ones that aren't. I might hold of on building those in case I decide to sell them.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:22 PM, no3Ljm said:

MG 1/100 TR-1 Hazel Gundam [Titans Colors]
Y4860 P-Bandai

Ng1XX0a.jpg

p4WmOAy.jpg

5MK1Gl4.jpg

Bandai should've added the Advanced Parts as well.

Why Bandai? Why torture us with more P-Bandai?

I could deal with it if the TR-1 regular was a normal release and the titans was P-Bandai... but both P-Bandai when the kit is like 85% new is crap

Edited by Duymon

Because great things should never be easily acquirable ^_^

But seriously, I don't seem to feel the same pain as everyone else. The P-Bandai stuff seem to be readily obtainable (with the normal asking price) for me compared to anything Macross toy related. The only thing I do not like about P-Bandai releases are the non-coloured boxes.

True. To be honest, most P-Bandai stuff are obtainable as long that you preordered it the first time. The only downside of this is that it's limited so basically once it gets released, there's a small chance that it will get reissue and most online stores hike the price after the initial release. And yes, I don't like the monochrome boxes.