The Amazing Spider-Man, on Blu-Ray/DVD Nov. 9, 2012

areaseven

Word is out, True Believers, that Spider-Man 4 has been canned due to multiple issues. Marvel has, instead, opted to reboot the film franchise in 2012 with a completely new director and cast.

Spider-Man 4 Scrapped; Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire & Cast Out; Franchise Reboot for 2012

And here's the first official trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL8ctUN1ZSI

Edited by areaseven

Word is out, True Believers, that Spider-Man 4 has been canned due to multiple issues. Marvel has, instead, opted to reboot the film franchise in 2012 with a completely new director and cast.

Spider-Man 4 Scrapped; Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire & Cast Out; Franchise Reboot for 2012

Great news now maybe they will cast a girl that can better fill MJ's shoes, she is suppose to be taller than Peter and a 10+. Current MJ is neither of the two.

this could be awesome news,we may finally see the new spidey be true to the source material,i dont want a wimpy crybaby parker like maguire. Parker never whined and cried in the series unless someone close to him died. I trust that the person that helms the reboot does spidey justice.

Heard about this elsewhere and was looking for confirmation from another source. Sad to hear it. I've enjoyed the Raimi movies quite a bit, even the third one. Sure, the 3rd got ravaged by fans sore over Venom, but the first two in particular were fantastic films. It also seems to be a bit silly to reboot something that's not all that old. Do we really need a new take on the origin story?

Still, sounds like they painted themselves into a corner. Oh well.

I don't really have that much qualms about the way the plot introduced MJ and gwen stacy into the movies. sure, comic canon would say that gwen stacy is the first love, but that's ok. the movie plot didn't have to follow the comics storyline too closely.

I also enjoyed the first two movies thoroughly. sure, spidey wasn't cracking enough one-liners and was a bit whiny; sure MJ was too insecure and serious, but that didn't take away from the first 2 movies because, for me, they were enjoyable and the spirit of the comics was still there.

then SM3 came along. complete with emo pete. crying pete (oh man, that scene of him crying on the bridge is so horrible, i still have nightmares about it). singing MJ and dancing emo pete. that just ruined the franchise for me.

so now we get a second chance to get things right. it's a gamble, definitely. it could turn out even worse than Raimi's spidey films. it would be hard to surpass the first 2 films. but there's also a possible upside -- that I might finally see the REAL spidey live and onscreen. i have high hopes, but i'm also ready for the worst.

the only thing i can say that will be bad about the reboot: J Jonah Jameson!! How can any other actor top Simmons??! :p

Hm. I saw the first one in the cinema and enjoyed it - seemed to be the Spiderman I remembered from the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko Amazing Adventure #15 all right...

I bought the second one of DVD because I was bored and needed something to watch while drinking beer and eating pizza. It was ok - but I regret buying it because I never watched it again and usually I only buy the DVD if I know I'm gonna want to watch it multiple times.

Saw the trailer for the third one, happy with the idea - but felt no inclination to actually go see it.

But this might be due to the fact that...

I WANT JAPANESE SPIDERMAN!!

I hope the reboot features LEOROBOZORGO or whatever his name was!

Spier Man! Spider Man! Get into your chogokin like only you can! Spide man! Spider man! HENKEI HENKEI SPIDER MAN!!

Pete

I'm fine with this I guess, but if it means I get subjected to ANOTHER origin movie, I'M OUT!

Blessed are the not-super popular Franchises, for they shall inherit the movie goers' praise.

Terminator, Alien, Macross, I can't seem to name more off the top of my head.

Woe be upon those franchises that get too big for their burches...briches?...pants...

For they will reboot moe times than a malfunctioning Dell laptop before it explodes (although...I don't actually know if it needed to reboot or if it just blew up first....or if that was a rumor)...

For they will be done to death, leaving the viewer with a bad taste in their mouths, kind of like what you get after visiting the same prostitute over and over...well...no...not really...depends on the prostitute...but the analogy is week...

Ok - I can't write in verse!

ANyways - I do agree - Spiderman origin movies, like Batman origin movies - hell - like almost ALL origin movies I ignore like the plague.

Transformers 2007 was an exception because it was the first live action TF film....

But God forbid that when I'm 40, I see an add for "They look like your everyday cars and trucks...but they are more...so much more..."

You know what...

Spiderman really just need a TV SERIES.

Yep.

Why?

Because he needs some new adventures - not the rehashing of the same old same old that Marvel comics and a dozen movies did already anyways.

A TV series means the story can go in some interesting directions...

I'm thinking of the Bill Bixby Incredible Hulk with Lou Feringo in the 80s - that was an AWESOME TV series - likely my favorite one. Better than the A-Team even! :lol:

Pete

Actually Tobey called it quits and sent things into a downward spiral. He said "You know, I just can't get into a good place to do Spiderman right now... I'm too focused on ROBOTECH!"

EDIT - before people on RT.com start quoting me... this is an obvious joke.

Edited by jenius

this could be awesome news,we may finally see the new spidey be true to the source material,i dont want a wimpy crybaby parker like maguire. Parker never whined and cried in the series unless someone close to him died. I trust that the person that helms the reboot does spidey justice.
Yeah, I would rather see the mechanical web shooters than those bullshit wrist spinerettes.

That series was a mess to begin with... do the Gwen Stacy movie but replace her with MaryJane and then introduce GS later anyway? Not that the comic book continuity was that proper...

Geeky... I know...

Actually have Gwen Stacy before M.J.. Just so Norman Osborn can toss her off the GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE!!!

Yeah, I would rather see the mechanical web shooters than those bullshit wrist spinerettes.

I thought it was so funny that they insisted that it was MORE believable that a guy would mutate to have spinnerets where NO CREATURE ACTUALLY HAS SPINNERETS rather than the concept that a kid could invent something cool.

BAH Hollywood.

BAH!

That series was a mess to begin with... do the Gwen Stacy movie but replace her with MaryJane and then introduce GS later anyway? Not that the comic book continuity was that proper...

Geeky... I know...

NO not really some of the side stories lately have been going down that route.I wish they had done that in the ultimate universe instead of re-telling the same story over again but with an M. Night twist.

I thought it was so funny that they insisted that it was MORE believable that a guy would mutate to have spinnerets where NO CREATURE ACTUALLY HAS SPINNERETS rather than the concept that a kid could invent something cool.

BAH Hollywood.

BAH!

I can imagine the newspaper head line.... Child severely injured after creating spiderman web shooters. Family to seek reparations from film studio.

I think the web shooters are comic book magic to the extreme.

Ugh. No reboot, please. Just give it a decade, at least, if you don't wanna keep going with Tobey, etc.

but by then, it's going to be more of a reboot, much like Batman begins. at least if they do it in 2012, they wouldn't need to do the origin again, because it's still fresh in the moviegoers' minds.

Spider-Man deserves his own live-action tv series ala Smallville. There's just too much history behind the character to cram into one movie. The X-Men need the same treatment. Once these characters are developed in a tv series, they don't have to be introduced and origins explained in a movie, taking away from the plot and duration.

Who cares. The ultimate Spiderman film has already been made.

ITALIAN SPIDERMAN!!!

Taksraven

DUDE I WAS JUST GOING TO POST THAT!!!!

Edited by Agent ONE

You know there has to be another origin story ... what Zeitgeist twist can they add to the radioactive spider this time? Perhaps it's a spider mutated through climate change? Or maybe it's an escaped terrorist spider with a tiny dirty bomb? :ph34r: