Picture Theft

Late last week, I posted pictures of my collection at the 1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 3 thread. yellowlightman went on to quote all six of the images simply to reply with a one-word sentence just to annoy me. I promptly removed the images from my Photobucket account and uploaded them as attachments. Later on, I discovered that yellowlightman had copied my pictures and uploaded them on TinyPic just so he can keep the quoted images on his reply.

My Original Post on the Thread

Thread Post in Question

The bottom line is that I never gave yellowlightman permission to repost my images on a different hosting site. For the past three years, yellowlightman has held a personal grudge on me, and he has gone too far by stealing my own pictures.

Late last week, I posted pictures of my collection at the 1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 3 thread. yellowlightman went on to quote all six of the images simply to reply with a one-word sentence just to annoy me. I promptly removed the images from my Photobucket account and uploaded them as attachments. Later on, I discovered that yellowlightman had copied my pictures and uploaded them on TinyPic just so he can keep the quoted images on his reply.

My Original Post on the Thread

Thread Post in Question

The bottom line is that I never gave yellowlightman permission to repost my images on a different hosting site. For the past three years, yellowlightman has held a personal grudge on me, and he has gone too far by stealing my own pictures.

It's not stealing until personal gain is attached to said pictures.

Besides, posting pics on these forums is done openly and publicly. There has never been any statement or movement impying that all pictures posted here are to "only" remain here. But that's just something else altogether. Like I said, if he hasn't accumulated any monies or gains from said pictures then there really is nothing anyone can do.

Just be the bigger man and shrug it off.

(...) For the past three years, yellowlightman has held a personal grudge on me, (...)

Or, maybe he knows you're an easy target for teasing?

Suggestions:

1) ignore him

2) if #1 is impossible, then add them to your ignore list: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...amp;CODE=ignore

3) grow up, hope that he's grown up, find out what the problem is between the two of you, resolve it, and move on.

icon_victory.gif

It's not stealing until personal gain is attached to said pictures.

Besides, posting pics on these forums is done openly and publicly. There has never been any statement or movement impying that all pictures posted here are to "only" remain here. But that's just something else altogether. Like I said, if he hasn't accumulated any monies or gains from said pictures then there really is nothing anyone can do.

Just be the bigger man and shrug it off.

Pretty much yep, if it's on the internet, it's gonna get around.

Same reason why I don't like certain artists' attitude when it comes to the same thing. Sure if someone is taking credit for your work, you have a reason to get upset.

But if you find your artwork on multiple websites and/or imageboards and they're linking back to or crediting you, be glad you and your work is getting exposure.

Also, three years...?

Edited by shiroikaze

You know, I can understand both sides of the issue, however, aside from people acting more like a tool, there's not really much to tell. I've had someone complain to me about the same issue, and I took down the pictures out of kindness, but I no obligation to do so, since those pics were on the net. Anyways, let tools be tools, and I'd say, don't escelate the issue anymore than it already is.

hehehe.... :lol: .... but what i don't get is all YLM said was "Nice!"

There must be a whole lot of history here for you to get so annoyed over 1 word and a bunch of pictures.... I don't know the whole story

Edited by KiriK

A7,

Remember when Nimrodski (or whatever he goes by as he changes his name all the time) got all pissed for people copying his scans?

This is how it goes. Nimrodski scans some old Macross book, then puts a watermark on every picture.

He claims he OWNS the rights to these pictures, then throws a FIT every time someone copies a picture and removes his watermark. What did we do? We all pointed and laughed at him because he was being a total tool. Your behavior is nowhere near this guy but still. This is a little much. Is YLM having fun at your expense, sure. Do you have a legit gripe, not really.

posting in an epic thread! :lol:

A7,

Remember when Nimrodski (or whatever he goes by as he changes his name all the time) got all pissed for people copying his scans?

This is how it goes. Nimrodski scans some old Macross book, then puts a watermark on every picture.

He claims he OWNS the rights to these pictures, then throws a FIT every time someone copies a picture and removes his watermark. What did we do? We all pointed and laughed at him because he was being a total tool. Your behavior is nowhere near this guy but still. This is a little much. Is YLM having fun at your expense, sure. Do you have a legit gripe, not really.

oh god, thanks for bringing that up. :D good times, good times...

Edited by anime52k8

I wish somebody would steal my pictures...

I feel under appreciated.

In fact, if this goes on any longer, I'm going to start a thread called "WHY DON'T PEOPLE WORSHIP LOVE AND ADORE ME?" and complain that the folks at Macrossworld are poo poo heads because despite all the effort I put into my posts, I think only one guy so far has seen fit to put a quote of mine into his avatar.

How am I supposed to achieve world wide fame and rule the universe if people on the internet won't bother quoting me?

please steal from me guys.

Pete

EDIT: Oh - and since this seems to be the place to make ridiculous complaints:

I would also like to officially ask the mods to reconsider the locking of my Tabloid/Jennifer Aniston-turns-40 thread in the Anime and Sci-Fi topic area under the bogus pretense that Jennifer Aniston has nothing to do with science-fiction. I mean, maybe that's true, but she has nice boobs, and boobs are a big part of anime. So... I think the connection and legitimacy of the subject are pretty clear.

Oh - the injustice of this world...

Edited by VFTF1

the only time I get pissed is when someone steals my avatar and uses it on the same board as me. WTF?! You have no originality that you need to steal the pic that's supposed to be my individual stamp on my posts? Lame.

Edited by bigkid24

its what we in law enforcement call entrapment. But A7 changed the pic from the original quote... it said ""This pic was removed because some wanker quoted it". But now it's just the standard Photobucket "image was removed pic".

I'm not really in law enforcement... I just play one on TV.

But A7 changed the pic from the original quote... it said ""This pic was removed because some wanker quoted it". But now it's just the standard Photobucket "image was removed pic".

Typical.

I'm guessing that YLM has to be thrilled that his largely harmless goofing around has caused A7 to once again flip the f' out over something so utterly trivial as a few quoted images.

Quoted images don't harm anyone and never have (they are cached and don't use bandwidth). Sure, it can be a bit annoying to scroll past them. But A7 brought this all on himself when he decided to create his own little rule against them and then played wannabe-mod in trying to enforce his own made-up rule. So here we are years later and the dude still hasn't learned to just take it easy and laugh about it.

Edited by Hurin

...But A7 brought this all on himself when he decided to create his own little rule against them and then played wannabe-mod in trying to enforce his own made-up rule. So here we are years later and the dude still hasn't learned to just take it easy and laugh about it.

Thats a little harsh man.

DOWNLOAD THEM ALL!!! THE INTERNET'S PREMIER PIC DOWNLOADER!!!

gallery_151_312_269838.png

Don't ***** me!

Quoted for truth! Best damn downloader ever! Too bad it can't save images that are on their own page... =\

Edited by shiroikaze

Quoted images don't harm anyone and never have (they are cached and don't use bandwidth)

That's just misinformation.

The sad truth is that every year, millions of children die from image-quoting. Did you know that only last year, the World Wildlife Foundation recorded 300,000 cases of malnutrition amongst Bombai Chimpanzees due to image-quoting? Did you know that the UN has filed more that four million complaints from people just like A7, with specific evidence tying not only the plight of hungry children in Guatemala to image-quoting but specifically indicating that thousands of children went hungry because Yellowlightman quoted A7s images.

These are hard truths to deal with folks.

Pete

VFTF 1, you should be a writer.

Who says I'm not? :)

Problem is, I'm a very marginal writer who's only published a handful of pieces, most of them in arcane and online niche websites that nobody reads :)

But at least I have Macrossworld :)

Oh - and on a more serious note:

I can SORT of understand A7's frustrations. If someone takes the time to make careful photographs that they put their heart into, it can hurt their feelings if other people that they hold a grudge against quote the pics.

But the problem here - A7 - in my opinion (and please don't get mad at me) - is that you went a little bit overboard and made your some what legitimate grudge sound silly.

Obviously the best course of action would be for you to bury the hatchet with Yellowlightman.

Also - notice how class-A Yellowlightman has been about this. He hasn't even written a post in this thread (unless I missed something) - which means he's tryin to stay away from trouble and avoid starting a flame war or even flame spark.

If he was really the bad guy you paint him as, who wants to eat you alive, he'd have visited this thread ages ago to breath fire from the bowels of his belly or something.

Everyone has the right to their feelings - and even if others' think A7's being over-sensitive and bordering on the silly - they are HIS feelings and he can be a bit hurt.

But, A7, take note please that I honestly don't think there was a conspiracy against you, or any intention to hurt you. It would really be cool if you just let bygones be bygones - especially since this really is a minor incident.

I mean - come on - the mods closed my Jennifer Aniston thread - THAT is MAJOR news that could potentially bring down the international financial system, send stocks plummeting even more, and lead to traumatic consequences that our grandchildren will have to suffer long after our time.

But I showed restraint and didn't open a complaining thread about it. However- I would not be surprised if Jennifer Aniston herself were to visit Macrossworld soon to make her views on this pressing matter clear.

Pete

Who says I'm not? :)

Problem is, I'm a very marginal writer who's only published a handful of pieces, most of them in arcane and online niche websites that nobody reads :)

But at least I have Macrossworld :)

Oh - and on a more serious note:

I can SORT of understand A7's frustrations. If someone takes the time to make careful photographs that they put their heart into, it can hurt their feelings if other people that they hold a grudge against quote the pics.

But the problem here - A7 - in my opinion (and please don't get mad at me) - is that you went a little bit overboard and made your some what legitimate grudge sound silly.

Obviously the best course of action would be for you to bury the hatchet with Yellowlightman.

Also - notice how class-A Yellowlightman has been about this. He hasn't even written a post in this thread (unless I missed something) - which means he's tryin to stay away from trouble and avoid starting a flame war or even flame spark.

If he was really the bad guy you paint him as, who wants to eat you alive, he'd have visited this thread ages ago to breath fire from the bowels of his belly or something.

Everyone has the right to their feelings - and even if others' think A7's being over-sensitive and bordering on the silly - they are HIS feelings and he can be a bit hurt.

But, A7, take note please that I honestly don't think there was a conspiracy against you, or any intention to hurt you. It would really be cool if you just let bygones be bygones - especially since this really is a minor incident.

I mean - come on - the mods closed my Jennifer Aniston thread - THAT is MAJOR news that could potentially bring down the international financial system, send stocks plummeting even more, and lead to traumatic consequences that our grandchildren will have to suffer long after our time.

But I showed restraint and didn't open a complaining thread about it. However- I would not be surprised if Jennifer Aniston herself were to visit Macrossworld soon to make her views on this pressing matter clear.

Pete

Here to quell the pain...

617C5E9F-EEC1-E88D-68A1AC5606F8D25A.jpg

/nowhere else to post this anyways :D

//Happy B-Day Jen

///For the love of everything holy, don't quote this pic. Go find a better, bigger one to post!

//// Love the slashies

Edited by ultimateone

You give him far too much credit. He doesn't have a problem with people quoting his pics. He used to complain loudly (and even compulsively report posts) where anyone quoted anyone's pics. Finally, the staff had to remind him that he doesn't make the rules here. Nor should he try to enforce those that he conjures up himself.

As for his particular beef here? He pretty clearly started playing games with YLM when he removed the images from the upload service and replaced them with something snarky (at YLM's expense) so YLM's quoted images would display something other than what YLM originally quoted . And now that YLM (tongue planted firmly in cheek) has outsmarted him and uploaded his own copies of what he originally quoted (and A7 originally posted). . . we get this thread. :lol:

It's just too bad that A7 can't just laugh about it. . . since it's not like YLM has done anything but poke a little fun at someone's (somewhat bizarre) pet peeve.