Yamato 1/60 VF-11B Thunderbolt - Thread 2

azrael

The VF-11B has the coolest transformation design I have seen.

The small contractible armor covers here and there are something I had only seen in the 80s animes. Now they are in a toy!

Sometimes I think it's an excellent design "wasted" on a less-popular valk. The VF-1 series could use some ideas of those designs! (esepcially we have no side covers in the 1/60, at least they tried in 1/48)

Edited by ff95gj

nice review. First time I've been to your blog but good job!

The VF-11B has the coolest transformation design I have seen.

The small contractible armor covers here and there are something I had only seen in the 80s animes. Now they are in a toy!

Sometimes I think it's an excellent design "wasted" on a less-popular valk. The VF-1 series could use some ideas of those designs! (esepcially we have no side covers in the 1/60, at least they tried in 1/48)

Yeah, I'm hoping Yamato can release some new valks (new molds) with their latest innovations added. If I had the money to spare I wouldn't mind if they revamp their previous valks too. This latest VF-11B's actually more fun to play/durable than some of my mass-produced Transformers.

I still think the vertical stabs(?) on the 11 are way too small. Besides that and the price point it seems to be an excellent release. I mean an included stand would be nice but I'm not real impressed by the 21s so I'd still probably buy a "better" one anyway.

I have put mine on the shelf, so to speak. And there it's been sitting for near a month now... have had absolutely NO time to Transform it, no time to build models, no time to make comics, no time for nuthin! But September will be a make-up month... and I shall enjoy my stuff :)

Pete

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm looking for some guidance on a mystery piece from the VF-11b. I recently sold mine to someone, and when they opened the box they found this tiny trapezoidal piece under the gunpod. When I owned the valk, I transformed it and nothing seemed out of place, broken or missing, and I don't recall any part of the toy looking like this, but it's the same color as the toy so I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Any ideas?

post-430-1256302658_thumb.jpg

post-430-1256302665_thumb.jpg

post-430-1256302671_thumb.jpg

post-430-1256302680_thumb.jpg

It seems to be one of those small pieces that covers the screw holes, some times they just pop-out with no reason. Look around the valk.

Edit:

I think is from the inner side of one of the legs.

Edited by Froy

It seems to be one of those small pieces that covers the screw holes, some times they just pop-out with no reason. Look around the valk.

Edit:

I think is from the inner side of one of the legs.

Thanks! Hopefully that's all it is. I'll pass along the info and have them see if any screw holes are capless.

Yup that is what it is. Funny this happened to you, just last week I picked mine up for the first time in a while and transformed it. I found the same part laying next to me. It's just a screw cover from the inside of a leg, no worries :)

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I finally found this hobby shop my fdriend told me about a few months ago and after debating on a Nora or DD SV-51 or a YF-19 or YF-21 or a VF-0S I decided on the Thunderbolt. It was nearly 200 USD after doing the conversion. I'm kinda glad now that my in-laws gave 100000 yen for my birthday/finally giving them a grand daughter. Haven't opened it up yet unfortunately since I was messing with my movie version VF-25F that arrived from OD and putting the humpty dumpty that the VF-22 is back into fighter mode and having one leg popping off and being hard to put back on. They didn't even have the VF-11 on shelves, just on display, luckily they had it in stock. :)

Well, I finally got around to messing with it and wow, I wish every other next gen Valk was designed this well, the 11 is truly a "back to the basics" valk compared to everything else. I really like the Gerwalk mode on it, it goes WAY lower than even the VF-1 and feels light and has great balance in said mode, I'm about to put it into Battroid mode. Anyways, I'm really glad I bought this over the YF-19 or YF-21 and even the VF-0. Those will be for another day and the YF-19 even later due to what everybody says about it. I like the low die-cast content on it, unlike Bandai's crap they call a VF-25 which gives it a near mis-matched paint job and I hate the glossy appearance on it, damn it, why couldn't they let Yamato handle the Frontier license? Well, my only gripe about the 11 is the shape of the gunpod handle, takes a bit more positioning to get the hand to properly grasp it. FPs are great and so is the shield. This Valk is worth it so I don't say its too expensive given the quality of this over the other M+/M7 Valks. B))

OT: For my next child, I hope I can get a nice gift as well. :lol:

Well, I finally got around to messing with it and wow, I wish every other next gen Valk was designed this well, the 11 is truly a "back to the basics" valk compared to everything else. I really like the Gerwalk mode on it, it goes WAY lower than even the VF-1 and feels light and has great balance in said mode, I'm about to put it into Battroid mode. Anyways, I'm really glad I bought this over the YF-19 or YF-21 and even the VF-0. Those will be for another day and the YF-19 even later due to what everybody says about it. I like the low die-cast content on it, unlike Bandai's crap they call a VF-25 which gives it a near mis-matched paint job and I hate the glossy appearance on it, damn it, why couldn't they let Yamato handle the Frontier license? Well, my only gripe about the 11 is the shape of the gunpod handle, takes a bit more positioning to get the hand to properly grasp it. FPs are great and so is the shield. This Valk is worth it so I don't say its too expensive given the quality of this over the other M+/M7 Valks. B))

OT: For my next child, I hope I can get a nice gift as well. :lol:

Next time have twin girls and you can be rewarded with the M&M VF-22S. :lol:

Seriously, congratulations on the birth of your little one. See, she has already changed your life for the better. ^_^

Well thank you all, every time I'm messing with a valk I fly it around my baby's face when she's playing, I think she's afraid of the black bird of death that Gamlin's 22 is since she turned away into her mom's chest when I approached her with it. Well after discussing it with my wife, I told her that I plan on getting M&M 1Js and 22s in the near future, she prefers my new hobby over going out without her. Haha, score! Damn, if I didn't decided on buying 2 VF-1Ses, 25S Armored Ozma and the VF-22 during my last and maybe final visit to Hong Kong, I don't think I would have started collecting and just stuck to the 1/72 models which I still have on my desk. :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this today, I know, really, really late to the party.

However I just had to post to say how much I love it. I'm going to be getting a VF-11C as well, I think, I wish they'd offer another repaint of this. I'd pay a ton for a Skull 1 version of the VF-11.

Anyway, thanks to this thread I got my heat shield transformed correctly and now I think I may like almost as much as the VF-1 V2.

I get to put a VF-22S next to it sometime next week...looking forward to that too.

I'm not sure if this was asked before but what are the chances of seeing more variants of the VF-11 like these? Could skip the pink version but the armored version looks pretty cool.

Whoops wrong thread I should have asked in the VF-11C thread. Delete this post if needed.

post-5693-1261356070_thumb.gif

post-5693-1261356079_thumb.gif

post-5693-1261356089_thumb.gif

Edited by chen

I'm not sure if this was asked before but what are the chances of seeing more variants of the VF-11 like these? Could skip the pink version but the armored version looks pretty cool.

Whoops wrong thread I should have asked in the VF-11C thread. Delete this post if needed.

If it's cheaper with no booster parts I'd really like the milia version.