Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I ordered the Toynami one, but I'm tempted on the Beagle for the Plaque and the box art (I can't help it, I'm a purist). Does Overdrive accepts Paypal, BTW?

It would be nice if you could separately buy a set of the Beagle stuff that is different from the Toynami release... like the head.

Yeah, that always frustrated me about every Dark Legioss toy made... nobody bothered to just delete that flap. It's really easy to design away where it doesn't exist and fighter still looks good but nobody ever bothers... how sad. The good news though, while I may say shadow fighters have no shoulder array, in Shadow Chronicles some of the newer Shadow Fighters do.

I don't see how it could be "deleted" without changing several other parts. If that flap isn't there, you're left with a big open space behind the cockpit in fighter mode. I could see how they could have made it removable in battloid mode to make it look better, but then kanzen henkei goes out the window.

The legacy of more "anime magic."

I don't see how it could be "deleted" without changing several other parts. If that flap isn't there, you're left with a big open space behind the cockpit in fighter mode. I could see how they could have made it removable in battloid mode to make it look better, but then kanzen henkei goes out the window.

The legacy of more "anime magic."

It's really simple to delete. Instead of putting it on a hinge put that piece on two springs coming up from the inside or on a sliding mechanism that allows it to be depressed. Just don't have it connected to the intakes and there ya have it.

It's really simple to delete. Instead of putting it on a hinge put that piece on two springs coming up from the inside or on a sliding mechanism that allows it to be depressed. Just don't have it connected to the intakes and there ya have it.
I don't get it, if the piece doesn't ride along attached to the intake from fighter to battloid, where does it go? Where is there room to put it?

I don't get it, if the piece doesn't ride along attached to the intake from fighter to battloid, where does it go? Where is there room to put it?

This is one of those conversations that sucks not to be happening in person holding an Alpha toy. I believe what you're saying is that, if that piece didn't flip over on one of the intakes then when you transformed the toy to soldier mode the canopy would knock against it and you'd be left with the nose pointing out more rather than going straight down the soldier's back. The easiest solution I can come up for that would be to simply put the piece on a spring (although a more secure plastic elevator would probably be more ideal). The spring would keep the piece elevated in fighter mode so it appeared to be the right height but it would then be depressed by the force of the canopy hitting against it.

Have you seen this one?

Just as I thought... from the previous pictures when the Beagle was in hand, it didnt seem that much smaller than the reported 1/8 scale of the Gakken... I would say that the Gakken was 1/10 also except for the fact that the boots on the Beagle are undersized for rider mode ridabilty. That 1/8 scale is made up. Is it even on the box???

I just got my beagle in the mail and I'm now fiddling with it. So far quality is pretty good and the packaging was very similar to a Yamato box (instructions taped to underside etc). I've noticed that the figure has a few problems. The neck while secure is a little loose and the swivel joint at the hip isn't as tight as I'd like. More to come. later.

Ok. I got my beagle and here are some quick comments I'd like to make about it.

Good:

1. Quality is very high, joints are tight, knees and feet ratchet, paint is flawless and part fitment is good.

2. Some tampo printing throughout.

3. Good possibility in the legs and neck.

4. Bike is solid.

5. Rider on bike looks HOT!

6. display stand functions well and stores accessories.

7. Detail is fantastic!

8. Metal in the right places.

9. He can stand in armor mode!

10. Armored mode is fairly sturdy, but could be more secure.

Bad:

1. Odd elbow joint that bends inward at certain angles.

2. Transformation is super complex and should be done very slowly.

3. Hip armor likes to pop out, but pops right back in.

4. Crotch armor also likes to pop out sometimes, but can also be popped back in.

5. Arm and shoulder possibility is limited in armor mode.

6. Back heavy, but that's expected.

7. Some parts made of plastic can be prone to breaking so handle with care.

Overall I like it a lot. Its beautiful, but do handle with care so that was my 2 cents on the figure.

I've taken some pictures below so enjoy!

post-5389-1232227466_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1232227484_thumb.jpg

I finding that the helmet is loose on both beagles when attached to the neck... Are anyone of you experiencing this problem?

This a real solid toy for Beagle's first variable toy, where did these guys come from?

I have to agree that elbow bend is really odd... bends inward.

]

Try tightening up the screw at the neck. Then attach the heads. On mine its much tighter and it doesn't flop.

Do I think this guy is worth $200? I'd say no, more like $150-$160. However this is probably going to be the best representation of the ride armor were going to get for years on end. For beagle's first transforming figure its amazing how well executed they got the engineering done. I can honestly say this thing is one of the most complex transforming toys I own. Everything on the bike twists, or turns or folds and does something. Certainly a lot going on in this package , but it doesn't suffer from being too small or a part swapping mess. This is perfect transformation and nothing needs to be swapped out. Was the figure worth the wait? I say hell yeah! All we need now is the ideal legioss + tread toy.

My eyes bulge with envy!! You have two of these!!!!!!!! Well I have two of the 1/8 Gakken Ride Armors, but I definitely want one of these Beagle versions.

So Sithlord, in your honest opinion of these Beagle Ride-Armors, do they seem/feel solid, really well built for the $$$??

guys, some japanese guy just did this to his beagle cylone... * JAWS DROPPED, now finding my jaws back.. *

oh god, don't give Beagle any ideas about Metallic or Weathered repaints :ph34r:

Damn. You bought two? Nice. I'm quite excited for to see what Beagle's take on Houqet will be.

you really had to ask? c'mon it's sithlord :lol:

Edited by chowyunskinny