Thundercats Live Action Movie

I vote for "Jayce and the Wheeled warriors". Now that was a classic.

How about "The Get Along Gang". They could tackle more serious issues like teen pregnancy or suicide or underage prostitution.

OR, "The Wuzzles" but use it to show the dangers of genetic engineering.

Dude, you should TOTALLY work in Hollywood.

I say they should start a Kroft Superstars Franchise...start with the big budget Chirstmas movie version of H.R. Puffnstuff, then move on to Land of the Lost, Lidsville, the Bugaloos, Sigmund the Sea Monster...then they could all have a big crossover when they end up on the Lost Saucer, which lands on the planet that the Far-Out Space Nuts were on, and they have to fight Dr. Shrinker!

(I would've added in the one with dune buggy, but I forgot the name...was it just Super Bug...?)

Silverhawks. If i could redesign and remake any 80's series, it would be that.

Hmmm...all I remember about that was the confusing theme song (What? You mean metal isn't real? What is it then?) and people falling...in space...

Something tells me that I don't want to remember more...

I was actually thinking the other day that it'd be cool if someone adapted a Gundam movie trilogy. Maybe closer to Tomino's novels than the animated movie trilogy.

I tried to work that out about a year as a writing exercise. I couldn't really make it work as three movies, but four would okay. I don't think adapting the novels would work as well as the series, though...since for giant robots to really be impressive, they should have stuff around them to give a true sense of scale...having them fight in space works in anime, but I don't think it would in live action.

of course, all of it is futile...if Hollywood tackles any Gundam, it would be Wing, since that was the most popular in the U.S.

Tallyhawk!

Wings of Silver

Nerves of Steel

Silverhawks!

Partly Metal

Partly Real

Silverhawks

Soaring through the highways

of the heavens in their flight

Silverhawks, our Angels in the Night!

Thena big guitar solo and it repeats.

i fifnt look that up, so I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure that was the opening. About the only thing Id change is the bare arm; each had a flesh arm for reasons i could never understand...

• 7 months later...
:lol: I have a feeling that fan made trailer is about 96% cooler than anything Hollywood will actually make :lol:

Vostok 7

Look, those fatcat executives in Hollywood who have usually not even seen the original program being remade but still insist of being in control of the remake projects clearly know better than us.

Look at the recent remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Sure, it ignores the main premise of the original film, has transformed Gort into a building sized robot that would give most Transformers and run for their money, and abandoned the iconic line "klaatu barada nicto", but the filmmakers have STILL demonstrated that they know better than all of us.

So, if a Thundercats Live-action film is ever made and bits are left out or there are things in it that you don't like, just remember, they still know better than us.

Taksraven

and abandoned the iconic line "klaatu barada nicto",

right after they shoot klaatu and Gort starts coming towards them, if you listen very closely you can here him say it.

also it's "Klaatu barada nikto" with a k, get it right or we're all screwed.

it sucks they cut the final speech though.

right after they shoot klaatu and Gort starts coming towards them, if you listen very closely you can here him say it.

also it's "Klaatu barada nikto" with a k, get it right or we're all screwed.

it sucks they cut the final speech though.

Sorry bout the stuff up. I was going by the reports of others.

Taksraven

I'm ashamed to say I never saw the original The day the Earth Stood Still until very recently and I always thought the "Klaatu barada nikto" Was just what as kept trying to say in Army of Darkness. :p

Chris

That was done a little too well, I'd actually pay money to see it if a real movie looked like that :)

You know that, if it got made, the Thundercats would all be wearing black leather bodysuits... And they would actually arrive in present day Los Angeles. And Snarf would fart a lot...

Edited by Kelsain

From what I know the movie's been scrapped. My friend Jerry was directing it (comming off Gears of War as the Art Director) but Warners took such a hit on both Speed Racer and Clone Wars that they cancled Thundercats altogether. It was also supposed to be an all CG movie not live action.

From what I know the movie's been scrapped. My friend Jerry was directing it (comming off Gears of War as the Art Director) but Warners took such a hit on both Speed Racer and Clone Wars that they cancled Thundercats altogether. It was also supposed to be an all CG movie not live action.

That would not surprise me. It only takes a few 'failures' for the execs to need to wear their brown underwear and start crying for mummy.

Taksraven

Look at the recent remake of "The Day the Earth Stood Still". Sure, it ignores the main premise of the original film...

Not to defend the new movie, which by all counts is a complete disaster.

But my dad will happily point out(repeatedly) that the first film ignores the main premise of the original short story.

Klaatu wasn't an alien ambassador hear to tell us how to live life.

Gort was just a 'bot on vacation who's a bit peeved because his dog ran away.

Seriously. Klaatu was a PET.

Not to defend the new movie, which by all counts is a complete disaster.

But my dad will happily point out(repeatedly) that the first film ignores the main premise of the original short story.

Klaatu wasn't an alien ambassador hear to tell us how to live life.

Gort was just a 'bot on vacation who's a bit peeved because his dog ran away.

Seriously. Klaatu was a PET.

I thought that it was made pretty clear at the end of the original film that the power in the Klaatu-Gort relationship really did lie with Gort when Klaatu stated that Gort and other machines like him were created as a "Police force" to keep the population of the universe in line.

In other words they had surrendered many of their individual freedoms to the robots so peace could be maintained. Not a very free or democratic way of life, but as Klaatu points out, it works. A lot of people miss this underlying message/theme of the movie.

Taksraven

Bummer. Perhaps Warner should try putting out a good movie from a promising franchise instead of pulling the plug on anything categorized as "remake". Why not judge the damn thing on its own merits? Instead, Speed Racer and Clone Wars will be the standard by which any future remakes are measured. Pffft! <_<

Bummer. Perhaps Warner should try putting out a good movie from a promising franchise instead of pulling the plug on anything categorized as "remake". Why not judge the damn thing on its own merits? Instead, Speed Racer and Clone Wars will be the standard by which any future remakes are measured. Pffft! <_<

Just wait till another big nostalgia movie does well... if you ever noticed hollywood likes to jump on the bandwagon of other films success

If a musical does really well at the box office there will be a slew of musicals until one or two high budget ones flop. Is it a coincidence that a new Underworld movie is coming out so soon after Twilight? I don't think so.

Just wait till another big nostalgia movie does well... if you ever noticed hollywood likes to jump on the bandwagon of other films success

If a musical does really well at the box office there will be a slew of musicals until one or two high budget ones flop. Is it a coincidence that a new Underworld movie is coming out so soon after Twilight? I don't think so.

To be fair, Twilight just hit not that long ago. Underworld's already had 2 released movies.

(Daydreams a bit on Kate Beckinsale in that skin tight outfight)

If a 3rd one is due soon, it's been in the works long before Twilight released and became a hit.

I'm really surprised Twilight did this well, TBH.

To be fair, Twilight just hit not that long ago. Underworld's already had 2 released movies.

(Daydreams a bit on Kate Beckinsale in that skin tight outfight)

If a 3rd one is due soon, it's been in the works long before Twilight released and became a hit.

I'm really surprised Twilight did this well, TBH.

But I think Twilight went into development before the new Underworld (which only wrapped up production on nov 3 according to imdb http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0834001/) and considering the Twilight books are such a hit with young girls already...

I do kinda expect a few more Vampire movies over the next couple years.