Thundercats Live Action Movie

I came across this while I was digging throught the web for something else.

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/010319.html

aparently Warner Brothers is actually making a Thundercats live action movie. Thats all I know aside from the churning in my gut over the concept of this...

They're raping me....wait, no, scratch that. I never liked Thundercats to begin with. I remember when it was announced WB was doing a Wonder Twins movie. I feel about the same way. It just seems like such a bad idea.

If a group of people can actually pull off making a movie like DOA, then any movie is possible from any franchise, lame or otherwise...

No one is arguing that. They're making a Sims movie, after all.

And they've already made a doom movie and AVP is getting a sequel. Somtimes these things can suprise you and be better than they have any right to be. Most of the time they don't. At least they havn't announced a robocop vs terminator movie.

Sorry guys, this one's my fault. I made a joke about a live action Thundercats movie the other day, and accidentally put the idea out into the universe...

You should be very sorry. Just don't suggest a Tetris movie. ummmm whoops....

And they've already made a doom movie and AVP is getting a sequel. Somtimes these things can suprise you and be better than they have any right to be. Most of the time they don't. At least they havn't announced a robocop vs terminator movie.

To be fair AVP had great potential for being a really good movie once upon a time. When it was originally pitched it rather accuratly followed the original AVP comic story (those who have read it know how good it was), being set in the time of the original alien(s) movie(s). But stupid execs wouldn't get behind it unless it was set in modern time, on earth, and was pg-13. All bad changes that really killed it for me. From what I've read about AVP2 it's not even directly connected to the first movie... just bad...

I refuse to even comment on Doom... <_<

Sorry guys, this one's my fault. I made a joke about a live action Thundercats movie the other day, and accidentally put the idea out into the universe...

I curse your existance to the bowels of hell for this...

He's our hero!! :lol:

Gonna take pollution down to zero! :lol:

Funny CP is mentioned, as I thought about what anime the new chick I am dating might watch. She's an Environmental Professional working for the government (AKA Hippy) and likes anime.

I immediately thought of Captain Planet.

Earth!

Fire!

Wind!

Water!

Heart!

GO PLANET!

With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!

Captain Planet, he's our hero,

Gonna take pollution down to zero,

He's our powers magnified,

And he's fighting on the planet side

Gonna help him put us under,

Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

(chanting)

We're the planeteers,

You can be one too!

'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do,

Looting and polluting is not the way,

Hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"

Just so you know, I googled the lyrics. I'm not totally insane :p

OMFG that's so funny---just earlier today, I saw an ad on TV announcing "25th anniversary tour of CATS," and thought "well, considering how far makeup/costuming technology has come and how much they look like Thundercats, I'm surprised no one is trying to make a live action movie of that..." and then I see this thread. Too funny.

No. Wait a minute. That's not funny at all! That's just pathetic! For the love of God, when are the big studios going to stop taking their script ideas from crack-smoking monkeys?! 1980's cartoon shows and video games do NOT a good movie make... <_<

Only a matter of time till we get Robotech the live action movie. VF-1 cg dogfights that transform into battroid and gerwalk, fighting cg zentradi battlepods.

It will be a trilogy: first movie is macross, second is southern cross, and then new gen. Maybe then it might attract better toy companies to then be able to make better masterpiece alphas?.. Masterpiece alpha and legioss that don't break... I don't care whose childhood is raped..masterpiece cyclones and alphas which are very detailed and unbreakable maybe this century.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Earth!

Fire!

Wind!

Water!

Heart!

GO PLANET!

With your powers combined I am Captain Planet!

He's our powers magnified,

And he's fighting on the planet side

Gonna help him put us under,

Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

(chanting)

We're the planeteers,

You can be one too!

'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do,

Looting and polluting is not the way,

Hear what Captain Planet has to say:

"THE POWER IS YOURS!!"

Just so you know, I googled the lyrics. I'm not totally insane :p

You should be shot regardless

:p

Jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber jabber Jabber JAAAAWWW

The greatest Great White Shark you ever sawwww!.

Hey, If they can make a live action Scooby Doo....they can make one of his knock-offs!!

Paw Paw Bears!!! HA I totally forgot about them!!! LOL!!

Chris

Edited by Dobber

:D:lol::D How about Starcom, or even Bravestar?..... Edited by DARKWIND