Thundercats Live Action Movie

OMFG that's so funny---just earlier today, I saw an ad on TV announcing "25th anniversary tour of CATS," and thought "well, considering how far makeup/costuming technology has come and how much they look like Thundercats, I'm surprised no one is trying to make a live action movie of that..." and then I see this thread. Too funny.

No. Wait a minute. That's not funny at all! That's just pathetic! For the love of God, when are the big studios going to stop taking their script ideas from crack-smoking monkeys?! 1980's cartoon shows and video games do NOT a good movie make... <_<

Well, here's some good news..if any..it's goign to be CG instead of live action :blink: ;;

http://www.ifitsmovies.com/2007/06/11/rejo...ts-will-be-cgi/

I came across this while I was digging throught the web for something else.

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/010319.html

aparently Warner Brothers is actually making a Thundercats live action movie. Thats all I know aside from the churning in my gut over the concept of this...

:huh:

:o Not another one :wacko:

IMHO I think one of the reason these movies being or being possible blockbusters all related to the current world situation we are living in at the moment.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if the G.I.Joe live action movie goes ahead proberly be right around the border line ( hope no pun is taken there :unsure: ) of being a blockbuster .

But this my stupid opinion any way bring on the Transformers and hope for Macross/RT movie there are no issues between HG and BW again :wacko::angry:

everyone from Pepto Bismol to in-car nav system companies [is it MapQuest?] has been lampooning the Japanese man-in-rubber-monster-suit movies for their commercials lately. But seriously, don't be surprised to hear/see something from Hollywood along the lines of....

Ultraman: The Movie................................Summer '09

*groan*

[hey, those Japanese don't know anything about Japanese monster movies! we can do it better! get those crack-smoking monkeys working on a script, pronto!] <_<

Edited by reddsun1

He man could actually be pretty good. From what I heard it will be done in the style of the 300 movie.

He man can say: this... is...CASTLE GREYSKULL!... and throw skeletor down a bottomless pit.

Done in the style of 300? Nothing but half naked oiled up burly men? This could be an oscar contender - Brokeback Greyskull.

He-Man: "If you ever try to get into Greyskull again, I'll make sure your a$$ never recovers".

Skeletor: "Please He-man, pummel me some more - harder this time, harder . . . ."

• 10 months later...

The thundercats series may have been a good quality anime back in the day but a live action movie sounds like a bad idea... cmon a buncha cat guys running around in tights? thatd look rediculous in real life give me a break.

Ultraman: The Movie................................Summer '09

*groan*

[hey, those Japanese don't know anything about Japanese monster movies! we can do it better! get those crack-smoking monkeys working on a script, pronto!] <_<

Well Ultraman Great was created with American audiences in mind and its easily one of my favorite Ultraman shows after Nexus (well thats Nexus up until the point where the grizzled war reporter Ultraman dies then the show jumps the shark and sucks from that point on).

so... what's next?

"Silverhawks" ?

"Mask" ?

"Inhumanoids" ?

"Karate Cat" ?

"Tigersharks" ?

"Camp Minimon" ?

the horror... the horror...

Live action for:

My Little Pony

Galaxy Rangers

Macron 1

Pole Position (Yes, the video game did get a short lived cartoon in the 80s)

*ahem*... Jem (Which is scarily possible if you think about it)

Ghostbusters (New live action?... Well, the franchise IS getting a new video game sometime soon)

And last, but not least... Bionic Six!

Live action for:

My Little Pony

Galaxy Rangers

Macron 1

Ghostbusters (New live action?... Well, the franchise IS getting a new video game sometime soon)

Don't forget Dinosaucers.

Honesty, I thought the Transformers movie turned out pretty good, even with Michael Bay at the helm. I'm going to give live-action movies based on 80's cartoons the benefit of the doubt until I see some previews and hear some reviews. Besides, Thundercats could suck and still be better than a lot of the crap that Hollywood's been pushing lately.

I was actually thinking the other day that it'd be cool if someone adapted a Gundam movie trilogy. Maybe closer to Tomino's novels than the animated movie trilogy.

U cant do Thundercats without Mumra!

Ive long wondered why such a fan-favourite series has been so dead the last few years, especially with the 80s revival of the last 5 years or so.

Well it did get a Wildstorm comic about the same time as Masters of the Universe and Robotech... But from the little bit I read it had nice art and colors, but the story was almost non-existent.

Live action for:

My Little Pony

Galaxy Rangers

Macron 1

Dude, what about Blackstar? Mighty Orbots? Or, best of all, TURBO TEEN!

Feh.

Hollywood making live action versions of twenty-year-old cartoons that weren't very good in the first place...wasn't there a bit about that in the Book of Revelations? Or am I thinking of the lowest circle of Dante's inferno?

I'm fianally finding the time to read through this thread and I have wet myself at least 4 times. THANKS!

PS.....I would LOVE to see the Gummy Bear movie in the IMAX.

:ph34r:

How about "The Get Along Gang". They could tackle more serious issues like teen pregnancy or suicide or underage prostitution.

OR, "The Wuzzles" but use it to show the dangers of genetic engineering.