Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Nah. I'll stick to the Arcadia one since it fits with the rest of my collection. It would be a different story if this one had missile firing parts or something else to differentiate it.

I'll get the Destroids and any Zentradi from this line, if they are cheap.

I was thinking on start collecting Transformers MP or S.H Figuart Dragon ball...but this line is looking so good so far And the best part is this is just the beginning ...so I think gonna keep collecting macross 😆😆😆😆

Does anybody know if they will sell only the GBP armor parts for those who already own the valk?

Probably not going to happen. And even if they did, I'll bet that it'll be incompatible with the old release due to mold changes or something.

Edited by Vifam7

Seems like Bandai is going all out to grab Arcadia's market share.

Out of all the choices that they have to start off the line, they just have to release/announce the GBP first, just in time before Arcadia's GBP re-issue...

But proportional wise, the armor looks good.

BTW, the first (top right) pose on tamashii, isnt that the angle that Tenjin drew for Macross chronicles?

Edited by aaajin

So the GBP armored VF-1J will retail for 9800 yen. Isn't that's about what the Yamato v2 retailed for when they were first released?

I actually think that's not a bad price point, considering the 1/60 version from Arcadia is listed as more than twice that price. That's about 80 bucks before shipping at current exchange rates. My guess is that the other VF-1 toys will retail at the same price. I'm also guessing that Bandai will probably go the Arcadia route, and instead of making separate releases for bare bones valks and valks +armor/super parts, they are just going to release each valk as a full-blown set with all the armors included and go for a single, higher price point. So, GBP Hikaru VF-1J, Super Max and Milia VF-1J, strike VF-1S, etc.

Better fixed hands than Arcadia...you can hold 2guns, give 2 high 5's and punch 2 something's at once.

Nice detail on the inside of the feet!!...but that back pack is too high.

...I'll prob pick 1up.

Hello All,

I know there is a list of vendors posted on the forum. Does anyone in the US have a favorite vendor to buy their macross items from? If so, who do you recommend to place an order through? Thanks in advance.

Mechaninac posted this from the Bandai VF-19 Advance thread last Dec 27, 2014: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41848&p=1172579

Guess, we really need to pin this info for new members. ;)

Anyways, here you go.

Amiami = They'll carry it with a great discount, but your chances of securing a preorder with them are less than getting struck by lightning on a cloudless day.

Hobby Search = They'll carry it with a good discount (usually the same as HLJ), and although your chances are better than Amiami, the chances of actually placing an order are slim, and cart-jacking is highly likely.

CD Japan = They'll carry it with a slight discount (~5%); somewhat better chance to preorder than HS, but still difficult.

Big in Japan = They may carry it, but securing an preorder is still difficult, and sometimes, depending on the item, the require payment upfront.

Anime Expo = They'll carry it, but a very small allocation that sells out in a split second... and they require payment upfront.

Nippon-Yasan = They'll carry it starting at MSRP for the first batch, raise the price 1000-2000 Yen for the second preorder window, and may increase again with every subsequent batch. They offer flexible payment options: pay upfront, pay anytime, pay upon invoicing. N-Y is the go-to retailer of last resort.

HLJ = They'll carry it, but nobody can tell when they'll open the preorder -- could be on the opening day, or a week later, and they sometimes screw up on the ordering limits. Preorder chances are hard to quantify.

Then there are the ones that I do not recommend = Play-Asia (stay clear... you've been warned), and Nin-Nin Games (overpriced from the get-go).

Edited by no3ljm

Guest davidwhangchoi

there's a different colored gbp armor for the vf-1j or vf-1d looking mass production. interesting.... they have variants.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

there's a different colored gbp armor for the vf-1j mass production. interesting.... they have variants.

Oh, hell yes!!! I've wanted a VF-1J mass prod type ever since I saw Yamato's. But since Yamy's basically impossible to get now, I'm so buying this if they release it!

Hmm... looking at the scan again tho, that just might be the color of the prototype plastic and not a mass prod VF-1J. :( I hope I'm wrong tho.

It's just the prototype.

Yeah... I figured. :( One can dream still.

Speaking of variants tho (and going back on topic), it would be cool if Bandai did release the urban camo version of the GBP for the Hi-Metal R line.

oh :mellow: ... back to arcadia

Yeah, might be another decade for that, haha! :lol:

The one on the left is a test shot, on the right is the coloured prototype.

Is it me, or does the white abdomen piece look a little shorter on the test shot? I like it better that way.

Not sure if I will get this, though. I never liked Bandai's practices of always bringing out product to compete with Yamato/Arcadia. They've been doing it since 2001 or so.

I don't think it would be ideal to get two sets and give one to Max or Miria since the colors won't match.

They won't release any non-anime/filmed works color ones. Model kits still the best for customising.

Edited by calubin_175