DX Chogokin VF-1J 50th Anniversary

MKT

24 minutes ago, Froy said:

How some stores get their hands on items like this?

Do they have some staff members in this Bandai clubs or something? 

Given the rarity of the item I don't see anyone coming to store like Mandarake to sell it to the second market.

The Mechanics Edition also went through about the same lottery system as this 50th Anniversary, but we do see it pop up at Mandarake and elsewhere. Seeing that early lotteries are limited to higher level Tamashii members only, my best guess are these members who are collecting other lines but not Macross, just throwing their hat into the lottery & make a bit of pocket money to resell if they do get one.

We know stores like Luna Park appear to be buying on the secondary market to resell, so that's where they are getting their stock.

7 hours ago, MKT said:

The Mechanics Edition also went through about the same lottery system as this 50th Anniversary, but we do see it pop up at Mandarake and elsewhere. Seeing that early lotteries are limited to higher level Tamashii members only, my best guess are these members who are collecting other lines but not Macross, just throwing their hat into the lottery & make a bit of pocket money to resell if they do get one.

We know stores like Luna Park appear to be buying on the secondary market to resell, so that's where they are getting their stock.

If one lands in Mandarake for sure I'll grab it if I have the chance.

I would have like to grab the Mazinger Z but I don't like the gold color.

If you break out some VPN they have it on the Macross Show video

image.png.57e631b22a8bf90bba33af9ced6c0f4c.png

and I TOLD you...you are gonna need some Chogokin Gloves to handle the thing :)

image.png.dd616b30064fe6bac9c071362b84e555.png

you can see the tail fins through the backpack

image.png.4722ffa41ac60c6483a0e59403367958.png

4 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

How rare is this going to be compared to other releases like the super ostrich?

It should be similar to the Hikaru 1S Mechanic Edition is terms of effort to procure.

Super Ostrich is just P-Bandai / TWE release, and still available on Yoyakunow.

On 5/18/2024 at 12:46 AM, MKT said:

It should be similar to the Hikaru 1S Mechanic Edition is terms of effort to procure.

Super Ostrich is just P-Bandai / TWE release, and still available on Yoyakunow.

Ok thanks! I might just keep the money aside for the Elitseeker as I know its going to be impossible for me to keep one of these clean even inside a case. I've got two full time air cleaners & dehumidifiers and still dust is endless. dust itself, often from people have trace oils on them .