Buzz from the first two episodes is good. I've seen it pointed out that's it's definitely not Andor, which I wasn't expecting it to be. Filoni couldn't do Andor if he tried, it's not just in his wheelhouse.

Edited by Duke Togo

3 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

Buzz from the first two episodes is good. I've seen it pointed out that's it's definitely not Andor, which I wasn't expecting it to be. Filoni couldn't do Andor if he tried, it's not just in his wheelhouse.

ANDOR is a very high bar and what I've seen of Ahsoka clips is that is more along the REBEL/CLONE WARS series which is what we want anyways.

3 hours ago, Duke Togo said:

I would hope not. Those first couple episodes were terrible 

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

It'll be interesting to see how the series explains all the concepts introduced in Rebels to the uninitiated...

Or, like the Inquisitors in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, they could be thrown in with no explanation whatsoever. 🙄

32 minutes ago, tekering said:

Or, like the Inquisitors in the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, they could be thrown in with no explanation whatsoever. 🙄

I think the Inquisitors are easier to explain away.....someone not as versed in all things Star Wars can just assume they are more Sith, like Darth Maul....

However, Time Portals, Giant Wolves and other Force beasts could be a tougher sell....but who knows

Lets see if they ignore the time portal entirely.  Time travel is something that should only be added, to a show that is not specifically about it, after much thought.  If after that thought the writers still want to add it in they better hope their future selves come back and tell them what a can of worms they are opening.  If shows are lucky (Star Trek) they can get away with it - but it still leaves massive contradictions no writer can normally hope to cover. 

46 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Lets see if they ignore the time portal entirely.  Time travel is something that should only be added, to a show that is not specifically about it, after much thought.  If after that thought the writers still want to add it in they better hope their future selves come back and tell them what a can of worms they are opening.  If shows are lucky (Star Trek) they can get away with it - but it still leaves massive contradictions no writer can normally hope to cover. 

23 minutes ago, Big s said:

Please, no time portals or time travel of any kind or even multiverse crap. It always feels like the writers ran out of ideas and don’t know what to do

Those troublesome worms have already been unleashed from their cans during Rebels...unless they plan to do some massive retconning on what the World Between World is and can be done through it, which will upset the rabid fanbase, it will need to be addressed in Ahsoka....of course, they can go the Midichlorian route and just never bring it up again....lol

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Those troublesome worms have already been unleashed from their cans during Rebels...unless they plan to do some massive retconning on what the World Between World is and can be done through it, which will upset the rabid fanbase, it will need to be addressed in Ahsoka....of course, they can go the Midichlorian route and just never bring it up again....lol

I kinda thought about watching rebels, but after hearing that it has time travel I’ve decided I’m not missing anything 

6 minutes ago, Big s said:

I kinda thought about watching rebels, but after hearing that it has time travel I’ve decided I’m not missing anything 

In season 4 , it's like an episode and a half. The whole season (and series) isn't about it. It's a plot thread from the animated clone wars. And it ties up quite finally.

Spoiler

In season 4, the Jedi temple on Lothal , where the portal is,  gets sealed up and disappeared like . Although, while in the temple,  Ezra is able to pull Ahsoka through a portal (of which there are many) while she's fighting her former master, now Darth Vader . He saves her , basically. They part ways , Ahsoka back to her time and Ezra leaves the temple . 

I don't see this plot thread coming into the new series. There's plenty of new content available to pick up the story where it left off , from Rebels.