Yes, the real stars of Disney's Star Wars are the editors who make the trailers. Every single trailer for all their movies and series gives us hope. Did you see that trailer? I had doubts after the last season, but this looks really good. I didn't see any reference to that unpopular element from before and the CGI looks like it really improved. Was that Orson Welles as that mysterious cloaked Sith lord in the end of the trailer? I thought he was dead. What perfect casting.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Easy pass. 

I'm right there with you.  Other than Bad Batch which, if I'm not mistaken, is coming to an end, and Andor on the live action series side of things (which fell flat with audiences in large part as a result of the abysmal BoBF), I don't hold any hopeful delusions that Disney/Lucasfilm can produce any decent Star Wars content anymore.  Ahsoka looks like more of the (meh) same KK-imprinted garbage... the only thing that will give it a leg up in the beginning is that fans still have a positive opinion of the character from Clone Wars and Rebels, but this good will only carry it so far; for a real train wreck, however, just wait for The Acolyte... if that pile of KK dung ever even sees the light of day.

For all intents and purposes, Star Wars is a dead brand, and KK-run Lucasfilm under Disney killed it... just like Willow and Indiana Jones.

It's best summed up with this quote from this article...

"But I’m pretty sure Dave said that this is basically like the fifth season of Rebels. So it felt nice to feel that sort of continuation with these people she’s got such a rich history with. You can see that with her mission that she has, going after Thrawn, and believing that he’s still alive, and holding Ezra in her heart because they have a really beautiful, long history as well."

If you didn't like Rebels, then this will be a pass for you. I've been happy with most of Fioni's stories, at least most of Clone Wars and Rebels (Bad Batch still has 1 more season so I'll leave that out for now). I skipped Resistance

8 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

I'd prefer it without Luke tbh. Ahsoka is more about the REBELS and CLONE WAR series than the films imho.

What I mean is this looks to be exactly the sort of thing he'd be involved in. That he just isn't is going to need a solid reason.

28 minutes ago, Duke Togo said:

I hope Filoni comes up with a solid reason why Luke isn't involved. 

He's not?...or is it because he wasn't in the trailer?  Been staying away from the rumor sites so maybe you already know something about his status within this show?...

25 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Did I forget that Sabine can channel the Force or is this a new thing?....guess I need to rewatch Rebels

No...Spoilers if you haven't watched Rebels..

Spoiler

Sabine trained with Ezra and Kanan when she got the Darksaber. There was a whole story-arc about Mandalore in Rebels. So Sabine has learned to use a lightsaber and it looks like Sabine kept Ezra's lightsaber after he went to face Thrawn alone.

Yeah, you might want to watch Rebels to get up to speed on this show.

1 hour ago, azrael said:

No...Spoilers if you haven't watched Rebels..

Hide contents

Sabine trained with Ezra and Kanan when she got the Darksaber. There was a whole story-arc about Mandalore in Rebels. So Sabine has learned to use a lightsaber and it looks like Sabine kept Ezra's lightsaber after he went to face Thrawn alone.

Yeah, you might want to watch Rebels to get up to speed on this show.

Ok....I did watch Rebels...but just did not recall if she was Force sensitive or not...I think Sabine calling Ahsoka "master" during the trailer threw me off...

Some rando observations:

* I guess Sabine’s not rocking the Wren’s/bird’s eyes on her helmet anymore?  Wonder why creative made that choice.

* Trailer is still not showing the Ghost

* Or Spectre 7 for that matter.

EDIT:  Nevermind, they just move the eyes more to the side of the helmet, and you can’t really see them in the trailer.

Helmet pic reference:

IMG_6323.jpeg.bf0c59323d456d6bc211c253811d9a35.jpeg

Edited by Mog

Also remember that Sabine’s character is naturally sarcastic and won’t hold back her sass from anyone, Jedi or no Jedi. I’m really looking forward to this series and love the mural in the trailer that links this back to the animated series. 

Some of the visuals look bad. Like when Ahsoka is walking down that ship's ramp in the Rebel hangar. You can tell they filmed all the actors separately and then put them all in the same space. Most of these shows rely too much on that special rear projected CGI screen of theirs. It is overused too much. Visually it reminds me of those live action cut scenes from old Dark Forces 2 computer game. Sorry for bringing it up again but Andor got it right with their use of practical sets and locations. Real physical stuff makes things look real. Use computers to enhance real sets not to replace them.

I kinda get using the Volume for certain scenes.  Kind of a pain to wait for the perfect lighting to film a scene and to be at the mercy of outside weather.

I’d rather they use the Volume than rely on the old green-screens, especially if the Volume helps the actors get more into their characters and the scene.

But again, it’s just one tool in the whole kit.

Can’t spam it for everything, and they need to know when to use and when NOT to use it.