Macross Shooting Insight for Switch, PS4 and Steam

Convectuoso

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Huh? We know that can't happen if they want to sell it out of Japan. Some guy who had no idea would probably say something like "we want to do them all" and fans would get in a tizzy over nothing. 

Domestic and International release?

On 7/6/2023 at 3:39 PM, jvmacross said:

Domestic and International release?

Looks like yes.  The original Macross portion with Hikaru/Minmay appears to be DLC.  They can sell the base game here and then if they feel lik3 sharing dlc profits with HG choose to do that or make the dlc Japan-only.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm curious what solution they go with. If they do give HG any money and make it available outside Japan, hopefully it sets a precedent and some day a more sophisticated game covers along some day and does that also.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Well I'm curious what solution they go with. If they do give HG any money and make it available outside Japan, hopefully it sets a precedent and some day a more sophisticated game covers along some day and does that also.

This is really my primary thought about this.. not that these sorts of games aren't fun to play, it just feels like a massive step back from something like Macross 30, which I would still love to get an official translation for.

If these smaller titles are easier to produce, that's not a bad thing, and I hope they keep making more to bring more people into the franchise, but I'm hoping they eventually make the most of their licensing partners and get us a true Macross Ace Combat title.

On 7/20/2023 at 5:27 AM, Graham-Is-Back said:

TH VF-1S has more HP than the VF-1S and a better rolling stat......hmmm?

Just goes to show this is a perfectly normal scrolling shooter... when the choice of vehicle isn't strictly cosmetic, it's effectively just the difficulty selection. The more forgiving choice defensively has far worse offensive potential and vice versa. If the YF-29 is in this, it'll be a glass cannon for sure.

Now if they really go old school with it, they'll lock you out of entire levels and possibly the game's ending if you choose a lower difficulty fighter than normal.

2 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

SO how does the HG/BW deal affect the release of this?  Will be able to get it internationally given all the SDF and DYRL characters and designs?

Given what's been said previously, the SDFM and DYRL portion appears to be a DLC... they may simply leave that particular DLC option unavailable to US gamers.

4 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Given what's been said previously, the SDFM and DYRL portion appears to be a DLC... they may simply leave that particular DLC option unavailable to US gamers.

Until someone hacks it onto moddb

13 minutes ago, Knight26 said:

Until someone hacks it onto moddb

Or drops a ROM.

Either way, I'm not so hung up on the original series that its absence will be a dealbreaker for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 12:22 PM, Graham said:

Living in Hong Kong, I'm kinda worried about the "excluding China" comment.....sigh.

Why is the game excluding from China? Or they mean just the worldwide release date doesn't include China? 

On 8/11/2023 at 1:40 AM, Raikkonen said:

Why is the game excluding from China? Or they mean just the worldwide release date doesn't include China? 

China has some restrictive laws, especially for video games. Releasing something in China isn't too easy.

6 hours ago, Urashiman said:

China has some restrictive laws, especially for video games. Releasing something in China isn't too easy.

Thanks. Was unaware of that considering the amount of related collectables are made and sold there. 

On 8/17/2023 at 7:37 PM, Raikkonen said:

Thanks. Was unaware of that considering the amount of related collectables are made and sold there. 

You can produce basically anything in China, even if it is not going to be released in China.

I miss old-school shooters.. So this is perfectly fine for me. 

Perhaps they might include old-school cheat codes as well. Preferably a secret code to unlock VF-1 for international markets. Up, Down, Up, Down, Left, Right then Select+Start at the logo screen.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:59 AM, jvmacross said:

Looks like Macross Shooting Insight lives within the Bandai-verse....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Oh wtf.. Bandai, stop crapping all over our existing art with your nonsense tampo, please. :rolleyes: 

Yeah...I referenced the same thing last month...is this company affiliated with Bandai someway?...some subsidiary company?...

If not...it is sorta funny...imagine if they release some VF-1 Angelbirds skins with those gawdy Tenjin logos! :nea: