R.I.P. Kirstie Alley

no3Ljm

My favorite piece of work with her in it, was a made for Television mini-series, The Last Don. While she never truly wields power in the series, her character is integral to the first part of the series at least.  Sort of a Beth Dutton, but with far more family drama to help one over the edge.

Edit: Can't leave out Summer School.

Edited by Wolf-1

6 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Kirstie was hot AF in her prime with her 1980s looks and hair.. Definitely one of my early on screen crushes 💘

So true. Heck, she was still attractive into her golden years- she aged well. I don't know if she had some help with that or not, but regardless, she was a pretty lady. I don't recall seeing much of her work, honestly, but I do remember her originating the character of Lt. Saavik in Wrath of Khan. Alas, another notable entertainer lost to us. RIP Ms. Alley

If you didn't know yet Kirstie died from colon cancer and I was probably found really late too. I recommend getting a colonoscopy when you're of age or talk to your doctor too. Got mine at 45 a month after going to the emergency room for 'mild' colitis. Thankfully my colon was healthy but still its nice to know I'm good for the next ten years too.

I was 34 when they discovered colon cancer in me. No family or prior history of any kind of cancer. Getting a colonoscopy as soon as you can or fessing up if you have symptoms is life saving advice. 

And my Oncologist says that younger and younger people keep getting it. It’s not just 40+ anymore. 

Edited by mcfly50

• azrael locked this topic