MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yoyakunow a reliable seller?

I haven’t tried them yet.

But they appear to be very transparent throughout the whole order process, & even informs you on what would normally be behind-the-scenes processes between vendor & manufacturer.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Biggest downside to BiJ is their astronomical shipping cost. Not that we have a lot of options for TWE, though. AE's markup on TWE items puts them in line with most proxies after you factor in all of the fees the proxies tack on to the order, so you're paying a premium no matter what.

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yoyakunow a reliable seller?

I have not had problems with them yet.  They list the quantity of an item they have on their page which is nice and they send you a confirmation that your order has been placed in the case of P-Bandai.  Hopefully they will continue to be good and not turn out to be another NY.  Keep in mind, NY was good at the beginning as well.

:yahoo:HECK YEAH!!! SDFM Kakizaki FTW!  Finally.  Guess I can undo my hack job and put my Hikaru 1J and brownie 1A back together.

Edit: Aw, it's a TWE bullpoop?  Guess I'm paying scalper prices again.  Better keep the hack job for now just in case.  Still need Max tho.

Edited by Pontus

15 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Pay upfront for the items. Shipping charged later. At least you lock in the current exchange rate.

Thanks.  I had assumed that and thus didn't order because I don't have the money.  Btw, if you're paying with paypal, expect them to screw you over on the exchange rate.  I recently got a figure (non-macross) from Mandarake, and the current exchange rate was supposed to make it come out to $345 but Paypal said it came out to $363.  Read the fine print, and it says they can basically pad it out however they like.  Also, it seems that although we currently seem to be saving a good amount on the current exchange, it's made up for by exorbitant shipping costs, and DHL is no longer the cheapest.  I went to cancel that Mandarake order when it came back with 18k¥ for DHL shipping :shok: and they wouldn't take paypal, but they came back offering to do paypal with only 11k¥ shipping EMS.

Edited by Pontus

I will see if I can make it to the end of the month and pay for the 2 up front at AE.

My savings of the month for toys didn't included this POs 😭

Just now, DewPoint said:

Pay upfront for the items. Shipping charged later. At least you lock in the current exchange rate.

18 minutes ago, Froy said:

I will see if I can make it to the end of the month and pay for the 2 up front at AE.

My savings of the month for toys didn't included this POs 😭

I'm in the same boat, but it says we can pay anytime before the pre-order deadline which is June 2, so that's nice.

35 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Thanks.  I had assumed that and thus didn't order because I don't have the money.  Btw, if you're paying with paypal, expect them to screw you over on the exchange rate.  I recently got a figure (non-macross) from Mandarake, and the current exchange rate was supposed to make it come out to $345 but Paypal said it came out to $363.  Read the fine print, and it says they can basically pad it out however they like.  Also, it seems that although we currently seem to be saving a good amount on the current exchange, it's made up for by exorbitant shipping costs, and DHL is no longer the cheapest.  I went to cancel that Mandarake order when it came back with 18k¥ for DHL shipping :shok: and they wouldn't take paypal, but they came back offering to do paypal with only 11k¥ shipping EMS.

If you are letting PayPal do your conversions, you're doing it wrong. Get a CC that has no international fees (or even one with fees) and let them do the converting because they will give you the current actual rate. This has been discussed many times so just look into it.

8 minutes ago, Mommar said:

What's their shipping like?

Seems on par or better than most places. Here is the last quote I got, which was last year:

Shipping weight 500g

FedEx International Priority 2,603 yen approx. 5 days
EMS 3,150yen approx. 4 to 12 days
UPS Worldwide Express Saver 3,453yen approx. 4 days
DHL Express Worldwide 3,589 yen approx. 5 days

33 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Seems on par or better than most places. Here is the last quote I got, which was last year:

Shipping weight 500g

FedEx International Priority 2,603 yen approx. 5 days
EMS 3,150yen approx. 4 to 12 days
UPS Worldwide Express Saver 3,453yen approx. 4 days
DHL Express Worldwide 3,589 yen approx. 5 days

Everything about their prices seems too good to be true.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

If you are letting PayPal do your conversions, you're doing it wrong. Get a CC that has no international fees (or even one with fees) and let them do the converting because they will give you the current actual rate. This has been discussed many times so just look into it.

When you get to the page where PayPal asks you how you want to pay for the item (dollars of yen), look for a link. It should let you choose PayPal's currency conversion rate or your credit card's. From my experience, my credit card rate is always better than PayPal's.

Edited by DewPoint
I remembered something!

23 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

From my experience, my credit card rate is always better than PayPal's.

No doubt about it! Like I said, even if you have a card that charges foreign transaction fees, it's still going to be lower than what PayPay charges.

41 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Everything about their prices seems too good to be true.

Note the shipping weight...this was a smaller item but I compared to HLJ's quotes for a similar item and these prices are still lower. I had a DX from sent from them with also very low shipping prices but those prices were from a couple years ago so I don't think they are worth comparing.

They are TWE items, so they do tend to take orders for longer.  Even then though, I don't expect these are going to receive any incredible demand.  Max at least has a few good scenes in his 1A (and one would HOPE this will spurn demand for a TV Q-Rau), but Kakizaki is something only completionists are going to care about, even with the included Hikaru stand.

On 5/19/2023 at 1:03 PM, Rein+ said:

Taking a risk to PO with them as I missed the one at NinNin due to my busy schedule. Hopefully they follow through in the next 6 months