40 minutes ago, Mog said:

I would guess it’s the grey parts that are below the bike handles in bike mode and become the armor right below the armpit in armor mode.

If the manufacturing or assembly of those parts are off, it can cause the parts to crack or shear off from shoddy assembling.

There’s two joints in those parts that can break if parts are misassembled, misaligned, or if the parts themselves have excess flash.

I remember those. Yet not so sure if the first re-issues have already fixed these ones, just not enough impressions of them. I'm guessing no news is good news.

Sorry folks for the large photo but I am not technically savvy. Depicted on the photo (circled in red) is the plastic piece in question.

I own two Mospeada Riders but reluctant to transform or pose them because of this issue.

Some have commented that the connector point arrived to them with stress marks, new in packaging.

The submitted photo is not my own but credited to Jenius who submitted it on this forum.

-Regards

Edited by okinawaHAI!
typo and grammer

27 minutes ago, okinawaHAI! said:

Sorry folks for the large photo but I am not technically savvy. Depicted on the photo (circled in red) is the plastic piece in question.

I own two Mospeada Riders but reluctant to transform or pose them because of this issue.

Some have commented that the connector point arrived to them with stress marks, new in packaging.

The submitted photo is not my own but credited to Jenius who submitted it on this forum.

-Regards

Note sure if anybody's mentioned this, but it may be worth noting that the VR-038L uses a different, wholly solid pin for that connection (compared to the hollow, rolled metal pin on the first 3 VRs). That may have been the fix for that issue. 🤷‍♂️

Well, the announcement of re-issues for the whole gang will likely push the Tread even further back. Possibly to 2025? :unknw:

Even if the Tread is officially announced & eventually released, I hope it won't be afflicted with first mold issues like their Ride Armor & Legioss.

8 minutes ago, MKT said:

Well, the announcement of re-issues for the whole gang will likely push the Tread even further back. Possibly to 2025? :unknw:

Even if the Tread is officially announced & eventually released, I hope it won't be afflicted with first mold issues like their Ride Armor & Legioss.

I personally wouldn't mind a Blue Legioss reissue. Or a Legioss + Tread bundle that's cheaper than getting both separately. :rolleyes:

At the very least, Sentinel still has Mospeada on their minds. 

Edited by m0n5t3r

17 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

I personally wouldn't mind a Blue Legioss reissue. Or a Legioss + Tread bundle that's cheaper than getting both separately. :rolleyes:

At the very least, Sentinel still has Mospeada on their minds. 

I'm seeing the Blue Legioss still hovering at retail price on Mandarake, although none are available at this moment. But perhaps it might cheaper for you to get at local stores if reissued. :)

7 minutes ago, MKT said:

I'm seeing the Blue Legioss still hovering at retail price on Mandarake, although none are available at this moment. But perhaps it might cheaper for you to get at local stores if reissued. :)

Yeah, I've had that on email alert forever... but the s/h and duties and taxes are a killer. The only one available locally is almost $300... no way I'm paying that much. Sentinel's prices are on the high side as it is. I'm hoping my patience will pay off one day. I have the Zeta and Iota to tide me over in the meantime (and my CMs w/ extra parts as a placeholder).

Edited by m0n5t3r

Would be nice if Sentinel poses the combined Legioss-Tread fighter combo upside down, just to show how solid the connections(?) are.

But solid connections to the Legioss; an adequately sized cockpit, that hides nicely in soldier mode; ridiculously solid ratchet joints; and extra weapons/missiles would be awesome improvements to see.

My understanding is that Sentinel is gauging interest to move forward with new designs: aka the beta. 
If they resell a ton of cyclones, they’ll probably move forward with reissuing the alphas and make the beta to go along. 

Edited by xwing

On 10/21/2023 at 10:43 PM, jenius said:

You guys have pictures?

Here's mine. They should have had the peg go up into the bottom of the cradle rather than the back end there.

I tried 3D printing up a replacement part but the weight of the fighter bent the resin peg down after only a few hours...

PXL_20231023_222336795~2.jpg

PXL_20231023_222346102~2.jpg

1 hour ago, magicsp00n said:

Here's mine. They should have had the peg go up into the bottom of the cradle rather than the back end there.

I tried 3D printing up a replacement part but the weight of the fighter bent the resin peg down after only a few hours...

PXL_20231023_222336795~2.jpg

PXL_20231023_222346102~2.jpg

That's actually an easy fix.  Use Plastic Cement (Tenax, Ambroid, Tamyia, the stuff used to bond PVC pipes from a hardware store, etc... anything that will melt ABS, Acrylic, PVC and the like - a small drop is all you need.  NEVER USE CA glue; it does not work in these applications and looks ugly as all hell afterwards) to bond the broken peg back on the stand arm's base; once cured, carefully drill a hole through the peg into the knuckle, longitudinally, to add a pin to reinforce the whole thing.  If done properly, you'll hardly be able to tell it snapped at all, and it will be stronger than it ever was.

Edited by mechaninac

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

That's actually an easy fix.  Use Plastic Cement (Tenax, Ambroid, Tamyia, the stuff used to bond PVC pipes from a hardware store, etc... anything that will melt ABS, Acrylic, PVC and the like - a small drop is all you need.  NEVER USE CA glue; it does not work in these applications and looks ugly as all hell afterwards) to bond the broken peg back on the stand arm's base; once cured, carefully drill a hole through the peg into the knuckle, longitudinally, to add a pin to reinforce the whole thing.  If done properly, you'll hardly be able to tell it snapped at all, and it will be stronger than it ever was.

Unfortunately I tried a couple types of solvent (Plastruct Plastic Weld, Weld-On #4) and it didn't work. I think maybe the piece is maybe some kind of nylon? And I actually did try running a nail through the length of my 3D-printed part and it still bent. Bananas, huh?

Edited by magicsp00n

On 10/21/2023 at 8:34 AM, Sandman said:

Anyone know if Sentinel offers spare parts? My Legios stand arm snapped. Or any other place?

Screenshot_20231024_113935_Gmail.jpg.d5877b3729b49fe853a326c459565d22.jpg

You can try emailing them (Sentinel International). I emailed them earlier this year about my missing intake cover. They mailed it to me for free.

3 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

Unfortunately I tried a couple types of solvent (Plastruct Plastic Weld, Weld-On #4) and it didn't work. I think maybe the piece is maybe some kind of nylon? And I actually did try running a nail through the length of my 3D-printed part and it still bent. Bananas, huh?

That is indeed unfortunate; 99 out of 100 times the trick I elaborated, and you apparently tried, works like gangbusters... bummer.  I'd be curious to know what kind of plastic they used for the darned thing; it has to be something outside the styrene family or anything remotely close.

10 hours ago, jenius said:

It seems like a part that can be drilled out and replaced with a metal dowel if you could find one of the right diameter. Really good to know about this issue though, seems like it will be a widespread thing. 

I was going to suggest the same, though the length of shaft you can use is limited by the screw mounting the part.  I think it should still have plenty of depth for the strength necessary though.

15 hours ago, m0n5t3r said:

Screenshot_20231024_113935_Gmail.jpg.d5877b3729b49fe853a326c459565d22.jpg

You can try emailing them (Sentinel International). I emailed them earlier this year about my missing intake cover. They mailed it to me for free.

They actually replies to me already. They asked me for a screenshot of a receipt. It's looking like they might replace this for me. Awesome. Thanks again.

On 10/17/2023 at 9:37 PM, m0n5t3r said:

Note sure if anybody's mentioned this, but it may be worth noting that the VR-038L uses a different, wholly solid pin for that connection (compared to the hollow, rolled metal pin on the first 3 VRs). That may have been the fix for that issue. 🤷‍♂️

My Stick's both rings were cracked by itself. For the 4th Mospeada Rider Bartley, I notice those gray plastic parts material were changed. The glossiness is different.  Anybody know what those new and old plastic was called? ABS? The new one is much stronger? Among 4 Riders' release, Bartley's QC is the best. There were no issues at all. It is reasonable to expect Sentinel will use the same new plastic masterial in those coming reissue versions? If so, I will preorder one more Stick for spare, and surprisingly the PO price is even lower than the 1st issue.

By the way, Jenius why you didn't do a review on Bartley?

IMG_20200102_214055.jpg

IMG_20200102_214511.jpg

IMG_20220918_201157.jpg

IMG_20220918_203033.jpg

IMG_20220918_203853.jpg

55 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

yikes!, now Im regretting PO this figure 😕, I mean the original Riobot releases aren't that old  and already has that  many joints affected?, not cool not cool at all.

For this Mospeada series, Sentinel always has issues in their 1st release. They only fix these issues in later releases. So if they release a new Tread series in the future, I will wait and see.... 

Well now I might preorder a reissue of the VR-052F to see if they revised those joints like they had on Houquet. I don't have a buddy at Sentinel anymore that I can ping for info :(

I haven't reviewed the Houquet because I have very little time for reviews these days and a massive backlog. I'm chipping away at it but these new reissues may be out before I get to Houquet. 

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Well now I might preorder a reissue of the VR-052F to see if they revised those joints like they had on Houquet. I don't have a buddy at Sentinel anymore that I can ping for info :(

I haven't reviewed the Houquet because I have very little time for reviews these days and a massive backlog. I'm chipping away at it but these new reissues may be out before I get to Houquet. 

I always enjoy your comprehesive reviews. Houquet is not your top priority? I see.