2 hours ago, Radioguy said:

HMR still seems to be Toynami's primary threat on that front.

I’ve seen the VF 0S in local hobby shops here in So Cal, but unfortunately Bandai can’t do the stuff Toynami can do. Basically the og Macross stuff is still off limits for Bandai in the States. But who knows, if by some super slim chance Bandai makes a compromise with HG, but that would probably never happen.

8 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Heh. I live IN a major metro area, perhaps the biggest in the US, and I have seen the 1/100s fairly often. Masterpiece too, but only back in the day.

Trust me, folks often go into comic shops and buy stuff they never thought they would. "Wow. I remember Robotech!" and there's a sale. I actually hate that Toynami basically cornered the US brick-and-mortar market for so long. They got Diamond to pick them up, and there you go - available to every comic shop in the nation. All that time I would ask for DX and HMR if I ever went into one, knowing the answer but still having to ask, and be shown Toynami's crap. Now HMR has some foothold, and at least the WWM issues are coming in on the DX end, but Toynami isn't gone...yet.

As for sweating over $20, I wouldn't on a DX. That's ridiculous. For HMR, it's just enough of a consideration these days to at least see who else has the item in stock and for how much. For Toynami...let's say it had better be BOGO for me to even look twice. 😄

Gotta admit though, I'm nowhere near the tax bracket of some of you who army build with HMR and DX. I don't have that much room either. ;)

Basically, your statement about shipping "nixing" the comparison between the 1\100 Toynami and the 1\72 KC has been invalidated....also, you came up with local availability as a determining factor that would deter the selection of KC over Toynami....even if Toynamis were as easily available at any comic book shop in the world as you claim...that rules out Macross HMR since you can't get SDFM\DYRL merch outside of Japan...so if you wanted to include HMR as the only direct competition to Toynami...bringing up local availability just defeats the point you are trying to make...

It can't be denied that the market for Toynami Robotech-Macross toys is further deteriorated by the introduction of the KC VF-1...it just makes it less appealing when you can potentially buy a KC for less...

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Basically, your statement about shipping "nixing" the comparison between the 1\100 Toynami and the 1\72 KC has been invalidated....also, you came up with local availability as a determining factor that would deter the selection of KC over Toynami....even if Toynamis were as easily available at any comic book shop in the world as you claim...that rules out Macross HMR since you can't get SDFM\DYRL merch outside of Japan...so if you wanted to include HMR as the only direct competition to Toynami...bringing up local availability just defeats the point you are trying to make...

It can't be denied that the market for Toynami Robotech-Macross toys is further deteriorated by the introduction of the KC VF-1...it just makes it less appealing when you can potentially buy a KC for less...

Not to get nitpicky, but you acknowledged a $20 difference. That's not quite "invalidated", even if you see it as a paltry sum. ;)

Also never mentioned the "world" when speaking of comic shops; just the USA, or North America perhaps (wherever Diamond distributes).

Of course, you are now citing specific models versus the franchise as a whole. Yes, we all know a VF-0S is not a VF-1. My point was that a valk of a comparable size from Bandai can now be the bigger threat as their distribution now rivals and likely surpasses Toynami, and KC is not even in contention on this front. If a comic shop had an HMR VF-0S aside a Toynami VF-1S, I think that HMR might actually sell first.

As for those of us in this community, you have a point that KC has an impact on Toynami. I don't disagree. I'm just saying it's just not as significant as it would be if they weren't as pricey to ship, and had established the same presence in the US marketplace that Toynami continues to trade off of.

22 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Not to get nitpicky, but you acknowledged a $20 difference. That's not quite "invalidated", even if you see it as a paltry sum. ;)

Actually, I then proceeded to show how the KC is actually less expensive than a Toynami....by at least $11...an even paltrier sum! 🤑

23 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Also never mentioned the "world" when speaking of comic shops; just the USA, or North America perhaps (wherever Diamond distributes).

It actually is pertinent, since both the Toynami's and KC's market is everywhere except Japan....

25 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Of course, you are now citing specific models versus the franchise as a whole. Yes, we all know a VF-0S is not a VF-1. My point was that a valk of a comparable size from Bandai can now be the bigger threat as their distribution now rivals and likely surpasses Toynami, and KC is not even in contention on this front. If a comic shop had an HMR VF-0S aside a Toynami VF-1S, I think that HMR might actually sell first.

Of course, you can't include non-SDFM/DYRL HMR merch as it is not "legally" available anywhere outside of Japan....and again, you are wanting to include brick and mortar shops in your argument, so HMR, DX...it's all not available outside of Japan via local retailers...anyways, even if for arguments sake, you included the HMRs....they have been around for years....the Toynami still gets re-released over and over again and sells out..with no improvements other than packaging and accessories...the HMR has yet to bury it after all these years....LOL....I'd be curious to see if they actually decide to re-release them again....and not just as a single show exclusive....

30 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

As for those of us in this community, you have a point that KC has an impact on Toynami. I don't disagree. I'm just saying it's just not as significant as it would be if they weren't as pricey to ship, and had established the same presence in the US marketplace that Toynami continues to trade off of.

The KCs are now cheaper than the Toynami VF-1 thanks to "shock pricing".....other than nostalgia-induced buys...I cannot see a casual collector selecting a Toynami over a KC these days...

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Actually, I then proceeded to show how the KC is actually less expensive than a Toynami....by at least $11...an even paltrier sum! 🤑

It actually is pertinent, since both the Toynami's and KC's market is everywhere except Japan....

Of course, you can't include non-SDFM/DYRL HMR merch as it is not "legally" available anywhere outside of Japan....and again, you are wanting to include brick and mortar shops in your argument, so HMR, DX...it's all not available outside of Japan via local retailers...anyways, even if for arguments sake, you included the HMRs....they have been around for years....the Toynami still gets re-released over and over again and sells out..with no improvements other than packaging and accessories...the HMR has yet to bury it after all these years....LOL....I'd be curious to see if they actually decide to re-release them again....and not just as a single show exclusive....

The KCs are now cheaper than the Toynami VF-1 thanks to "shock pricing".....other than nostalgia-induced buys...I cannot see a casual collector selecting a Toynami over a KC these days...

I wonder if we will see a reduced price tag at e-tailers like BBTS.  I would love to pay $4 shipping, if the base toy was less than $100, even if BBTS introduces a slight mark-up from the MSRP of $78 for the new packaging model due out in September.

Twich

On 8/30/2023 at 5:23 AM, jvmacross said:

Why pay 152.99 when you can pay $190 for less stuff?!  LOL

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=126

Vermillion%20Squadron%20Set%20copy2-1100

The repack packaging brings express shipping to $61.00...chinese slow boat to $28.00

I assume the pricing is an error and KC needs to fix it to $152.99 for all 3?

Ok after 2 days, KC have fixed their listing error. It's properly showing $152.99 now.

Edit: Actually, not so much they fixed it. It is just the flash sale of $190 was over, and now it went back to the 'default' $152.99 price they mistakenly put earlier LOL.

Edited by MKT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 10:50 AM, jvmacross said:

PO'd one of each....

Hope this means a limited run of the Alaska Base VF is possible....they can now release an -A and -J version! LOL

Just one?  By my calculations, any decent collector would need at least... 17 I think.  There's 5 birds in the show, you need one for each mode, so that's 15, plus one to keep MISB, and one just in case.  Am I doing my math right here?  ;):p

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Just one?  By my calculations, any decent collector would need at least... 17 I think.  There's 5 birds in the show, you need one for each mode, so that's 15, plus one to keep MISB, and one just in case.  Am I doing my math right here?  ;):p

lol.. 

I am in for 1 of each as well.   

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

At this point it is just the completist beast within me that is compelling me to even continue with this line after KC willingly f*kked it up....

Besides, I have yet another VF-1 line to complete once Three-Zero releases their own take on it....afterall, there seemingly is an insatiable demand for VF-1 PF Toys!

large.MacrossCollectorBeast.jpg.a69d91ad

54 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

At this point it is just the completist beast within me that is compelling me to even continue with this line after KC willingly f*kked it up....

Besides, I have yet another VF-1 line to complete once Three-Zero releases their own take on it....afterall, there seemingly is an insatiable demand for VF-1 PF Toys!

Push it to the limit.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:34 PM, MKT said:

Angel Birds VF-1A & VF-1J:

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=128

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=127

new1AANGELBIRDwesite-1000x1000.jpg.7ac15ef02e50c4c0d5b729ce3f22dad6.jpg

new1JANGELBIRDwesite-1000x1000.jpg.b56fb10fa20bc8e44256987b96edaf6e.jpg

It also looks like KC incorporated their own logo / insignia for the Angel Birds, different from the Chogokin lol..

new1JANGELBIRDwesite1-1000x1000.jpg.4f76ffb30abd5be12de4d3a8a8302aa5.jpg

Thanks,:) I bought 2 of the J-Heads to display in fighter mode and robot mode. Strangely I've signed up for the newsletter, but they never send one.

I am impressed they are starting to move into fan favorited variations, they made a mistake with the god of flame both in changing the limited amounts numbers and trying to court customers from a different genera who have way different expectations and who are already somewhat spoiled with 3rd/4th party offerings.  I've seen the GOF going for as low $75  on the bay and many will never even get half what they paid for it as of right now and feel burned.( I still think in the future these could become for desirable)  but that's ok to me its still a nice toy to display and I still like it,, we can't always win on everything.

I would love to buy a KC SuperOstridge  & EliteSeeker and even Metallic paint ones too

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I'm looking forward to the reviews and if they ever offer them complete with fast packs. I might pick one up, but I'm still concerned by a toy without an official scale size.  I've had my Arcee on preorder forever and they were passing out review samples in the early spring. not sure if they are going to be any faster here.

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I would love to buy a KC SuperOstridge  & EliteSeeker and even Metallic paint ones too

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I forgot to mention what would be really Awesomes would be if they did offer white fast pack armor with color highlights to match the Angelbirds. well it might not look cannon that way but it would be eye caching Imo.:D

I like how you think!

Again, give me a GREEN VF-1J (and/or metallic) and I'll bite. I just hope that's not off the table as it's a movie color.

I can only think that figures like Dana, Battlepod & the VF-1 Armored add-on have received only very little PO quantities, so notwithstanding KC having their own factory, they are unwilling to go ahead with their internally costed minimum production numbers they have set to avoid tying funds & saddling themselves with stock afterwards. They are probably just wanting to slowly eke more PO's up to an acceptable number before production actually begins. How else can they be soooo far off targeted release date with umpteenth delays? Still, for better or worse at least they continue to iterate & improve on the prototypes whilst waiting for these PO numbers.

VF-1 releases seem to be more consistent in meeting promised dates, and as we have seen, they sometimes even produce variants before opening PO's for them. I guess having the valks painted means it's easier to commit a base molding run then spread them out across the different paint variants. This is why we see KC opening PO's for new variants when they haven't sent out previous VF-1 orders yet - they just want to get as much total VF-1 orders as possible before they start producing.   

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, vladykins said:

The book doesn't include lime green squadron? 🤪

Dang, you're right, I forgot all about them...as explained in the MasterFiles, they were easy targets during the first wave of Zentran attacks on South Ataria...the entire "Toxic Puker" Squadron was annihilated hours before the SDF-1 made its fateful space fold...:bad:

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Dang, you're right, I forgot all about them...as explained in the MasterFiles, they were easy targets during the first wave of Zentran attacks on South Ataria...the entire "Toxic Puker" Squadron was annihilated hours before the SDF-1 made its fateful space fold...:bad:

Luckily Lemon Pudding squadron was there to pick up the ball. 

43 minutes ago, Zeliard said:

KC should have stick to cannon versions of VF-1, instead of simply producing rainbow variant fans didn't asked for. The recent Angel Bird was a good choice. 

The problem is they really are running out of "canon" paint schemes....still, what they are indicating are "under development" is dissapointing...I'm sure they could get away with NOT-DYRL schemes if they really wanted to...just look what they did with the NOT-Jetfire....;)

Agreed, DYRL seems like easy money compared to those nightmares. Other thoughts would be to take other Macross paint schemes and make VF-1 versions of them. YF-19, YF-21, what Bandai did with Messer's VF-1 for the HMR. "Special color" versions of the ones they already did would also make more sense than these...