The Black/Blue and Black/Red VF-1S schemes look like they could be used as Stealth Max and Miriya.

I've always shipped everything from KC with surface.  It takes a little longer but everything arrives in good condition.  My most recent order has shipping of 4 VF-1s and 4 figures for $71.

If Threezero's VF-1 is coming up for PO soon, we'll see if KC will continue on their VF-1 announcement streak. I suspect they will really lose license for the 1/72 VF-1. In one of their FB replies on the special color Roy, they mentioned the current VF-1 will be the 'final version' in reply to someone asking which body version it will be. 

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Green?  You bet!

Alaska Base VF-1A.....seriously, it's about time....it would be a piece of cake for KC to produce....limited edition of 300...and at a "shocking price".......make it so KC! :rolleyes:

I feel like pushing for even more "ROBOTECH" colors I want. I know BANDAI won't ever do them...

AXOID.png

ORBOT.png

Edited by Radioguy

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Just noticed that KC "fixed" the leg stabilizer colors for the VF-1A Max TV...can you post a pic of your VF-1A TV Ben?

image.jpeg.7e61edf40dbd2d47adf7007219d7f6dd.jpegSure, here is the VF-1A Ben Vermillion squad bundle with a dusty Yamato/Arcadia VF-1A Ben

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.20220208_174229.jpg.b676f131d5c555

Yes, it is a V 2.X..........my hope was that they may have just been trying to sell off inventory on older stock of the V 2.0 VF-1J, but looks like they have actually manufactured new VF-1J "Rick Hunters"...it's too bad, the V 2.0 was the best mold they had released and it was only apparently used on the VF-1J Rick....

Looks like the only way to get a V 2.0 VF-1J Rick Hunter now is via the aftermarket....

And as you have found out...yes, the new position of leg tabs in the V 2.X ruins the fighter mode....has no affect to Gerwalk or battroid, but the fighter mode is "off" and it also causes problems with the Fast Pack attachment/fit....

Kitz Concept has more or less doubled-down on this change as an "improvement"...so most likely it is here to stay, until commonsense prevails....now that they have their own manufacturing facilities, it would be very easy for them to go back to the original leg mold...and hopefully concentrate on fixing the actual issues with their mold, which are the huuuge and blocky intakes....an area that looks like Three-Zero does not have an issue with....

Begun the 1/72 VF-1 PT Toy Wars have...:p

But in all seriousness, many who already started collecting the KC VF-1's may not want to double-dip again into the 1/72 VF-1 pool.....KC also has a heck of a head start, in terms of all of the variants...canon and not....for me, I am hoping KC takes advantage of this and instead focuses on the non-VF-1 portion of the SDFM mechs and goes all in on the enemy mechs and Destroids, etc....so as not to go head to head with Three-Zero in what may end up being a superior VF-1 in 1/72....but for many who have stayed out of the 1/72 arena, the upcoming Three-Zero may be a good time to jump in...

Yeah, the fighter mode has got a slight upward tilt on the tail end. But if I look at it from the side, it appears somewhat straight. I couldn't figure out why. I tried adjusting the knee joints to compensate but that tilt remains. 

I only started getting the KC Valkyries recently with their sales and bundles so they all seem to be the newer v2.x version. I've already got a set of old Yamato/Arcadia Valkyries in 1/60 scale and a bunch of HMR 1/100 Valkyries, so getting another set from KC in yet another scale was a hard decision. But these bundles and sales are so hard to resist...... so it seems I will end up with a set of KC after all... 

On 7/3/2023 at 12:14 AM, zplus said:

Better shot of the leg peg/tab. All 3 in the Vermillion squad are of this type. I found it hard to mount onto the centre portion (back thrusters?) in fighter mode. 

IMG_5114.jpeg

IMG_5188.jpeg

Mind sharing what diorama is your background? Gundam garage?

5 minutes ago, Zeliard said:

Mind sharing what diorama is your background? Gundam garage?

Yup, Gundam mechanical chain bases bought several years ago. I've combined a few from Kotobukiya (hard to find these days; mostly out of production) and other brands from eBay and Aliexpress. Airbrushed with Stynylrez gray primer to even out the gray colors. 

36 minutes ago, zplus said:

Yup, Gundam mechanical chain bases bought several years ago. I've combined a few from Kotobukiya (hard to find these days; mostly out of production) and other brands from eBay and Aliexpress. Airbrushed with Stynylrez gray primer to even out the gray colors. 

Can share me a link on how it looks like? 

9 hours ago, Zeliard said:

Can share me a link on how it looks like? 

Original base by Kotobukiya - looks like they are being released again:

https://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product-series/mechanical-chain-base/

Sold on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Modeling-Support-Goods-Mechanical/dp/B0BNSR89RY/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1GHJR2QOARMUW&keywords=Mechanical+Chain+Base&qid=1688567200&sprefix=mechanical+chain+base%2Caps%2C294&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Frame-Modeling-Support-Mechanical/dp/B01H575QYK/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1GHJR2QOARMUW&keywords=Mechanical+Chain+Base&qid=1688567242&sprefix=mechanical+chain+base%2Caps%2C294&sr=8-4

Chinese ones :

https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Action-Machine-Gundam-Decals/dp/B0819YK2T6/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1GHJR2QOARMUW&keywords=Mechanical+Chain+Base&qid=1688567242&sprefix=mechanical+chain+base%2Caps%2C294&sr=8-3

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003757122832.html?channel=twinner

Do take note that the Chinese ones are a different shade of gray, come from different manufacturers, and some parts don't exactly fit the original Kotobukiya's ones if you plan to mix them up. Their designs also look slightly different. To get them to fit Kotobukiya's ones, I had to sand off some parts or cut off some of the tabs.

Edited by zplus

On 5/26/2023 at 8:20 PM, tekering said:

BBTS is still using this image:

556f6103-5b33-41e4-953a-5ab09b2a6abc.jpg

...and while I took issue with the proportions and some of the details of that prototype...

DisconcertingDana.jpg.19674621366aa8e289afd488c895294d.jpg

...it's vastly superior to what we're now seeing. 🙄

July is now here and this figure keeps getting pushed back month after month.

At this rate you will never be able to add other figures from the Southern Cross series to join this figure upon release. 

12 hours ago, shazam said:

At this rate you will never be able to add other figures from the Southern Cross series to join this figure upon release. 

One of the reasons I am so reluctant to get preorders.... I really wanted to add this but held back after all these stories of delays.

13 hours ago, shazam said:

*sobs in Southern Cross Merch*  Forever denied... :(

3 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

*sobs in Southern Cross Merch*  Forever denied... :(

LoL! At this point, I would be happy just to get this figure in hand. Even if it were the only Southern Cross bit of merch KC ends up releasing.

But if Dana ends up getting delayed to the end of the year, KC will have achieved NY VF-31A levels of ridiculous. 

10 hours ago, zplus said:

One of the reasons I am so reluctant to get preorders.... I really wanted to add this but held back after all these stories of delays.

I placed a preorder for Dana as soon as it was first announced, and have regretted it for quite some time, since they've been holding what I paid upfront for years now.  Suffice to say, that's the only preorder I currently have with them, and there shall NEVER be others.  If they release something I really want, I may pull the trigger if it is in stock; for reservations, I'll go with BBTS, as they charge only upon release and cancellations are a no stress affair.

Got my KC Dark Blue VF-1S in today,   this might be my favorite paint schema to date... other then the Purple GOF. 

They did get the UPC code correct on this version,   I am not seeing any glaring QC issues which is always a good thing.

KCDarkBlueSuper.jpg.cb73acdf2964ec1888611e4711650f37.jpg

KCDarkBlueSuper1.jpg.327494e573e77b8b3811841242e91f5a.jpg

KCDarkBlueSuper3.jpg.234591615a9e6057c9d485f94186e0a7.jpg

KCDarkBlueSuper2.jpg.21ec7c1929b41bbbab5f0a28c0c82896.jpg

1 hour ago, Zeliard said:

Being officially licenced under the Robotech line, KC is limited only to produce Vf-1. From what I can see, they only lack a VF-1D. Perhaps that's the reason of the current non-cannon variations. 

They still have several cannon schemes I'd rather see them release....

On 7/21/2023 at 7:05 AM, Zeliard said:

Being officially licenced under the Robotech line, KC is limited only to produce Vf-1. From what I can see, they only lack a VF-1D. Perhaps that's the reason of the current non-cannon variations. 

I'll definitely get the VF-1D if they ever decide to make one. But, I won't preorder.... 😄

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Cmon bandai...dont leave it to others to show you whats to be done...

Wow! I'm not very partial to this, but acknowledge there's quite a few people who wanted this for a long time. Not expecting Bandai or the bigger brands to do this at all, so great move KC! :good:

KC still has some canon schemes left to do....

Almost seems they are packing both arcade VFs into one box...

I am trying to convince myself to keep collecting the "1/72" KC VF-1's....I think if the Three-Zero is indeed larger I'll be good with at least completing the canon KC schemes left...there are not that many left to do...

It's a shame that the DYRL schemes now seem certainly off limits to them....perhaps some side, off the record, 3rd party collaboration releases may alleviate that...lol