Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Not familiar at all the Getter Robo, so I'm kinda confused between the very different Getter Robo aesthetics... some look pretty cute, essentially like a barrel with limbs sticking out; others look more like the normal proportioned super robots..
I probably should spend some time looking it up.. 

44 minutes ago, MKT said:

^^ Not familiar at all the Getter Robo, so I'm kinda confused between the very different Getter Robo aesthetics... some look pretty cute, essentially like a barrel with limbs sticking out; others look more like the normal proportioned super robots..
I probably should spend some time looking it up.. 

Yes, it can be pretty confusing. This one is the Getter 1 from a OAV series (1998-99), which title is "Change! Shin getter robot! The last day of the world". It is basically a re-tale(nowadays we would call it a reboot) of the original tv show of the 70s with some parts taken from the manga. It's a masterpiece and i really suggest you try to watch it, believe me you won't regret it. In any case this models takes some liberties from the one on the screen and does have some details that are different from the one shown in the anime.

9 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Sorry, i just can't enough! Great model to take pictures of.

20240204_161410.jpg

How’s the build quality of the sky x studio version? I’m tempted to get these but I went for Blitzway’s version instead. 

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

How’s the build quality of the sky x studio version? I’m tempted to get these but I went for Blitzway’s version instead. 

It's great. Actually one of the best i had in my hands lately. I do own the blitzway version too and i love it as well. Actually probably i like it even more than this one, but just because it's more anime accurate. I would say though as far as joints, mobility, accessories the Sky x studio is a powered up version of the blitzway (which is still a great piece). Also no qc issues detected so far. If you like Getter robot i would suggest you get this one too, you won't regret it ;)