Strike a pose, anything goes!

Pontus

Movie was a dud, and the toy even more so because of it. Still, this is a very nicely made diecast spaceship. Too bad it doesn't transform, have variable wings or other movable parts to change to other modes, else would have easily picked up another. :p

XL-15Rearv3NRM2-b2nt.JPG.f2f795d8df76a8daa98b7e7102c18a94.JPG

XL-15Topv1NRM2-b2nt.JPG.c2332453a607b154db76f9d7bfb17b11.JPG

11 hours ago, MKT said:

@lechuck Is that the SOC Mazinkaiser? Nice pose btw :good:

Thanks! Indeed it is the SOC Mazinkaiser SKL.

Honestly it is a bit of a disappointing attempt by Bandai, most of the articulation doesn't have good range and the biggest offender is when attaching the two guns to the chest. They do not lock in securely enough and will easily pop-out when touching it from certain angles due to how rounded the chest is.

Unless you are a die hard SOC collector or big fan of SKL, it should not be priority purchase. My hope is that Sentinel might take a stab at it in their Riobot line.

10 hours ago, lechuck said:

Thanks! Indeed it is the SOC Mazinkaiser SKL.

Honestly it is a bit of a disappointing attempt by Bandai, most of the articulation doesn't have good range and the biggest offender is when attaching the two guns to the chest. They do not lock in securely enough and will easily pop-out when touching it from certain angles due to how rounded the chest is.

Unless you are a die hard SOC collector or big fan of SKL, it should not be priority purchase. My hope is that Sentinel might take a stab at it in their Riobot line.

Ah so it is a SKL version. I'm not very familiar with Mazinger IP, so the lack of the usual red chest 'Z' symbol or bolt threw me off a bit. The articulation in your pic already looks very good to me, but I'm also not familiar with the SOC line as a whole. Incidentally, I have my first SOC the Getter Arc on the way; it was on massive discount recently at HLJ & I got it more of a curiosity on the SOC line.

I don't doubt Sentinel's articulation would be better, I really liked the looks of their Mazinkaiser at one time but when the re-issue came around, the urge has passed lol.

• 2 weeks later...