Jump to content

Super Macross Mecha Fun Time Discussion Thread!


Valkyrie Driver

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Biomaster said:

Punctual and informative as always. Thanks! Now I honestly hope that the next Macross series (because let's face it, there will be at least one this decade) gives something new to the NUNS 'cause the VF-171 has been already used for two series straight (...)

Well, this ties directly into the "why" the VF-171 appeared as the main fighter in Frontier (when all signs indicated that the main fighter should have been the VF-19): Kawamori-san and his visual design sensibilities.

Kawamori-san likes to create hero VFs with a certain look to them (VF-19, VF-25, VF-31).  To help the casual viewer quickly visually distinguish between the "hero" and the "ally", he chooses something that is visually distinct.  In Macross 7, that was the "white" VF-11 vs. the colourful Sound Force Valkyries (red, green, and pink) and other semi-hero Valkyries (blue Emerald Force, dark blue-grey Diamond Force).

With the advent of CG Valkyries and their rainbow hued paint schemes, he's double-downed on Studio Nue's stock and trade: visually distinct silhouettes.  Which is how we ended up with the triangle shaped VF-171 being the main fighter, and the anything but triangular VF-25 (and later the VF-31) being the hero Valkyries.

So, unless Kawamori-san gives the next hero Valkyrie a triangular silhouette, I doubt that we've seen the last of the VF-171.

 

※ This, of course, doesn't even address the cost of developing a new CG model asset.  If the next series is done on the cheap—which some have argued Delta was—it's another strong reason why the VF-171 will reappear.  (Like the Cheyenne in Macross 0 reappearing more-or-less unchanged as the Cheyenne II in Frontier and Delta.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The above is also why, on the few occasions we've seen New UN Forces-aligned Zentradi troops outside of Macross II, they've ended up as hostiles rather than friendlies... it's easier to tell what team are the "good guys" if everyone's wearing the same jersey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder what the chances are that we'll ever see the "lost valkyries" in some form of fashion.  Things like the VF-5/6/7 etc...  I'm not even saying as hero valks, but more like background craft, kind of like what we got in Macross Plus with the VF/A-14 and VF-17 (D/T) in the background.  I remember years ago we even discussed whether one the line of VF-11 back ends in one shot were actually one of the single engine valkyies.  I'd love to see some of those show up as characters were doing something like walking through an air museum or airpark at a base.
On that note, what do we think of the idea that some of the "low cast" variable fighters might not be able to transform into battroid mode and be akin to the Mac-II Gerwalkroid, or the Orguss Bronco-II.  It seems like the most complex features of any valkyrie would be the Hands/arms, hips, and heads.  So if the VFs were limited to Fighter and Gerwalk mode only that would cut the development and maintenance costs significantly for the "poorer, and lower risk" colony worlds.

Anyway, just a thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2021 at 12:32 AM, Knight26 said:

I wonder what the chances are that we'll ever see the "lost valkyries" in some form of fashion.  Things like the VF-5/6/7 etc...  I'm not even saying as hero valks, but more like background craft, kind of like what we got in Macross Plus with the VF/A-14 and VF-17 (D/T) in the background.  I remember years ago we even discussed whether one the line of VF-11 back ends in one shot were actually one of the single engine valkyies.  I'd love to see some of those show up as characters were doing something like walking through an air museum or airpark at a base.
On that note, what do we think of the idea that some of the "low cast" variable fighters might not be able to transform into battroid mode and be akin to the Mac-II Gerwalkroid, or the Orguss Bronco-II.  It seems like the most complex features of any valkyrie would be the Hands/arms, hips, and heads.  So if the VFs were limited to Fighter and Gerwalk mode only that would cut the development and maintenance costs significantly for the "poorer, and lower risk" colony worlds.

Anyway, just a thought.

some of the unpublished missing link designs were displayed at some of the Macross events at the Tezuka museum

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm assuming there isn't much information in the existing Master Files , concerning these new 31 variants. So I'm expecting another book to be forthcoming. Unless there are no real improvements or differences, ultimately..:unknw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, Knight26 said:

On that note, what do we think of the idea that some of the "low cast" variable fighters might not be able to transform into battroid mode and be akin to the Mac-II Gerwalkroid, or the Orguss Bronco-II.  It seems like the most complex features of any valkyrie would be the Hands/arms, hips, and heads.  So if the VFs were limited to Fighter and Gerwalk mode only that would cut the development and maintenance costs significantly for the "poorer, and lower risk" colony worlds.

Really, I'd expect the opposite... that a "low cost" Variable Fighter would economize by removing GERWALK mode.  There's not a lot of use for GERWALK mode in space and GERWALK mode was an unintentional addition to the original design (in-universe) that originally called for just Fighter and Battroid modes.

Several previous space-use VF designs have omitted GERWALK mode like the VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie from Macross II: Lovers Again or the non-canon VF-X3 Medusa from FamilySoft's series of Macross games.

 

On 6/16/2021 at 2:19 PM, Bolt said:

I'm assuming there isn't much information in the existing Master Files , concerning these new 31 variants. So I'm expecting another book to be forthcoming. Unless there are no real improvements or differences, ultimately..:unknw:

Nothing whatsoever, yeah... Variable Fighter Master File: VF-31 Siegfried is kind of a mess, and largely disregards the New UN Forces-spec VF-31 Kairos in favor of waxing lyrical about Xaos's ace custom version.  The book has a fair number of variants that aren't in the series but they're all basically just bizarre wing configurations that were clearly dreamed up to pad the book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Seto Kaiba Have a quick question for you. Since it has been guessed by many that the new Delta 6 Siegfried that will be shown in the new movie will be most likely piloted by a Windermeran Aerial Knight, I have been wondering will there be any difference in that fighter over regular human-piloted fighters? By that I mean due to a Windermerean being a bit more sturdy then a regular old human could there be a difference in the Siegfried's equipment to reflect this like a difference in its ISC or Engines? Just a thought I had since the Delta 6 was first shown and many starting guessing that it would have a Windermeran piloting it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2021 at 7:55 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Really, I'd expect the opposite... that a "low cost" Variable Fighter would economize by removing GERWALK mode.  There's not a lot of use for GERWALK mode in space and GERWALK mode was an unintentional addition to the original design (in-universe) that originally called for just Fighter and Battroid modes.

Several previous space-use VF designs have omitted GERWALK mode like the VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie from Macross II: Lovers Again or the non-canon VF-X3 Medusa from FamilySoft's series of Macross games.

Gerwalk being an unintentional, "hey look at this feature that we get mid transformation" would really mean that omitting it wouldn't save much, if any cost.  The biggest savings there would be in control programming.  However, as I said, the most complicated parts of the valkyrie (and therefore some of the most expensive) would be the arms, hands and hips, so getting rid of battroid mode would be the more economical route for a "low cost" VF.  If the only think that moves are the legs, and maybe the gunpod on a flex mount, then the costs would be far lower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, deathzealot said:

@Seto Kaiba Have a quick question for you. Since it has been guessed by many that the new Delta 6 Siegfried that will be shown in the new movie will be most likely piloted by a Windermeran Aerial Knight, I have been wondering will there be any difference in that fighter over regular human-piloted fighters? By that I mean due to a Windermerean being a bit more sturdy then a regular old human could there be a difference in the Siegfried's equipment to reflect this like a difference in its ISC or Engines? Just a thought I had since the Delta 6 was first shown and many starting guessing that it would have a Windermeran piloting it.

It does seem likely that Delta 06 will have a Windermerean pilot - I suspect Bogue Con-vaart - but I'd suspect the difference in performance between variants of Xaos's newest custom VF-31 will be as trivial as the difference between the Siegfrieds we saw in the series and first movie.

 

19 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Gerwalk being an unintentional, "hey look at this feature that we get mid transformation" would really mean that omitting it wouldn't save much, if any cost.  The biggest savings there would be in control programming.  However, as I said, the most complicated parts of the valkyrie (and therefore some of the most expensive) would be the arms, hands and hips, so getting rid of battroid mode would be the more economical route for a "low cost" VF.  If the only think that moves are the legs, and maybe the gunpod on a flex mount, then the costs would be far lower.

The problem with eliminating Battroid mode is that most of the expected threat to an emigrant government comes from the Zentradi.  Battroid mode is made for fighting them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/21/2021 at 10:55 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Really, I'd expect the opposite... that a "low cost" Variable Fighter would economize by removing GERWALK mode.  There's not a lot of use for GERWALK mode in space and GERWALK mode was an unintentional addition to the original design (in-universe) that originally called for just Fighter and Battroid modes.

Several previous space-use VF designs have omitted GERWALK mode like the VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie from Macross II: Lovers Again or the non-canon VF-X3 Medusa from FamilySoft's series of Macross games.

I saw the Zentran Valk in the Macross II rpg books; interesting design, but it felt a little "naked" without GERWALK mode.

On that note: while I understand your point about GERWALK mode, I recall in DYRL that Roy Focker had this team use GERWALK mode in battle as a way to swing around the incoming battlepods during the opening battle scene: (around 1:54 in the following video):

 

Edited by pengbuzz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

I saw the Zentran Valk in the Macross II rpg books; interesting design, but it felt a little "naked" without GERWALK mode.

It was an extremely unconventional design for the period, both because of its lack of GERWALK mode and being a synthesis of Variable Fighter and Zentradi Battle Suit technology... a few years before Kawamori rolled up with Macross Plus and introduced his own take on the same concept in the YF-21.

Macross II's developers seem to have felt they owned fans a GERWALK though, so while the VF-XX Zentradi Valkyrie lacks one they added another design that is JUST GERWALK.

 

16 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

On that note: while I understand your point about GERWALK mode, I recall in DYRL that Roy Focker had this team use GERWALK mode in battle as a way to swing around the incoming battlepods during the opening battle scene: (around 1:54 in the following video):

Even that probably isn't strictly necessary, since the VF-1 has some very powerful verniers meant for those sort of braking maneuvers.

 

 

On 6/24/2021 at 9:43 PM, Knight26 said:

Gerwalk being an unintentional, "hey look at this feature that we get mid transformation" would really mean that omitting it wouldn't save much, if any cost.  The biggest savings there would be in control programming.  However, as I said, the most complicated parts of the valkyrie (and therefore some of the most expensive) would be the arms, hands and hips, so getting rid of battroid mode would be the more economical route for a "low cost" VF.  If the only think that moves are the legs, and maybe the gunpod on a flex mount, then the costs would be far lower.

The goal of those unseen 2nd Generation emigrant-use VFs was comparative low cost... but some of those expensive components would be effectively mandatory in order to meet the basic operating requirements of a Valkyrie.  

Among the non-official setting materials like Master File, there is at least one alternate take in the VF-1L.  That was, according to its writeup in Master File, a postwar low cost VF-1 variant that reduced complexity by outright eliminating the variable system in order to maximize the onboard propellant capacity for space operations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the fold crystal enhancement (?) and obvious tweeks to the air frame, the 31-AX , I'm expecting, should be able to handle more output than the previous 31's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So... a Valkyrie needs a name, and we finally have it.

VF-31AX Kairos Plus

That definitely raises at least as many questions as it answers.

While Macross's New UN Forces have not always used designation systems consistently, since Frontier the two-letter variant code has been used mainly to identify a local derivative of a particular VF variant such as the Macross Frontier fleet's VF-19EF or the Macross Galaxy fleet's VF-22HG.  This, I would assume, identifies this as "VF-31A Xaos spec".

That raises the odd prospect that, for the first time, Macross protagonists are receiving an equipment downgrade rather than an upgrade.

If this really is what it appears to be, a minimally-modified military spec VF-31A Kairos that's been given the Main Character treatment, then that would go a long way towards fixing the issues Xaos had with operating the Siegfried customs that the Ragna 3rd Fighter Wing Delta Flight was having.  The fold quartz insets for the fold wave system are missing from this new model, which suggests it may not possess the (incredibly expensive) fold wave system that caused such durability issues for the VF-31 during the Windermere conflict.  The increased size of the railguns suggests they've uprated, rather than derated, the firepower of the railguns too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

As I mentioned/speculated in the other thread, maybe the Siegfrieds were stripped of fold quartz to outfit that YF/VF-29 that they have in the trailer. Didn’t that require 4 large fold quartz stones to power its system? For the new VF-31=Reduce strain from not overclocking it’s engines, give it bigger railguns. Plus the new double beam cannon mission pack. Also Seto, didn’t you say these new VF-31AX Kairos Plus had a different carrier name? I am sure that it wasn’t cheap to replace the one lost in the last movie from the Macross cannon shot from the other Macross 0.5. Sounds like besides illegal cloning, Lady M may have developed the next designer drug crazy of the Macross universe to bankroll all this cash they are pumping out…..

Twich

Edited by twich
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, twich said:

As I mentioned/speculated in the other thread, maybe the Siegfrieds were stripped of fold quartz to outfit that YF/VF-29 that they have in the trailer. Didn’t that require 4 large fold quartz stones to power its system?

Yeah, the YF-29's Fold Wave System required four 1,000ct pieces of fold quartz.

Mind you, that was the majority but not the entirety of the adoption of fold quartz in its systems.  There was also the fold quartz used in its Inertia Store Converter, the fold wave amps, and if Master File is to be believed, all four of its engines.  Not to mention the granulated fold quartz its canopy was treated with and the fold quartz used in its MDE weaponry.  That's what made it so apocalyptically expensive that the Macross Frontier fleet could only build the one.

 

image.png.c4e7c56e16811f5f8810f44ac2ec5070.png

One has to wonder, given that this is pretty clearly a YF-29 w/ Super Pack, what precisely this is and where it came from.

The YF-29 is, as noted previously, an astonishingly expensive aircraft to build and the Brisingr globular cluster is BROKE AF.  Doubly so now that it's recovering from the disruptions in trade and the damages inflicted during their brief war with the Kingdom of the Wind.  Did the Brisingr Alliance just happen to have a YF-29 sitting around that went unused back during the war against Windermere?  Did Xaos somehow obtain the plans for what is essentially a bleeding edge New UN Spacy VF-X Special Forces ace Valkyrie like the YF-29B?  Surely nobody's got the capital to actually mass produce such an insane design.  

(Are we really coming to the point where the YF-29 is basically just the Macross universe's equivalent of a Gundam that you dust off every time there's a space fascist around, like how Banagher and Mineva keep the RX-0 Unicorn on ice in case its insane power is ever needed again?)

 

1 minute ago, twich said:

Also, didn’t you say these new VF-31AX Kairos Plus had a different carrier name?

While I couldn't make it out in the actual art, the text captions indicated its affiliation markings say "PARMENIDES"... though they declined to specify if Parmenides is the name of a ship or something else like a planet or an airbase.

 

1 minute ago, twich said:

I am sure that it wasn’t cheap to replace the one last in the last movie from the Macross cannon shot from the other Macross 0.5. Sounds like besides illegal cloning, Lady M may have developed the next designer drug crazy of the Macross universe to bankroll all this cash they are pumping out…..

One has to wonder just how many illegal activities Lady M is involved in, that she seems to have such unlimited capital and influence.

Between the damage and the potential loss of at least one, quite possibly two, VF-31 Siegfried customs in the war against Windermere it'd definitely be a big dent in Xaos's bottom line to replace them... especially given that they were already tossing around the idea of removing all of the Epsilon Foundation-provided technology from their systems during the series (and noted that'd take at least a full year's operating capital to do).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.4ab111f7db5fe2942a8fac2a9b4ea2d4.png

Rather curious to know what this is about, too...

This hologram is repeatedly marked DE-124 SIREN DELTA SYSTEM.

Whatever it is, the cybernetically enhanced lady from the trailer appears to be inside of it.  You can see the DE-124 part written clearly in in at least two parts of this frame:

image.png.a397af0ff4a708cd0fcee852cc388df4.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, suspending our disbelief on the affordability of the YF-29, from the mechanical design aspect, it is easier for Kawamori, he had to alter design of VF-31 Siegfried to the VF-31AX Kairos Plus version, design the new enemy valk/drone thing and rather than designing a whole new Uber powerful hero valk to save everyone’s collective butt, you pull out the YF-29 and give it a shiny new paint scheme. It is still more powerful than anything Xaos can field by order of magnitudes of power. Any, a whole new scheme to make a nice new DX toy with, get some of the design money back from  the YF-29 Full Set release…..heck, I’d buy it along with the new VF-31AX and Enemy Valk!  Trying not to be cynical on the 4th of July, happy birthday America!

Twich

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess, is that the YF-29 is not going to be from Xaos or even the Alliance itself, but is actually from the SMS. Since we know from some of the information about the VF-31 is that SMS had a hand in its development through Aisha. So for some reason SMS arrives in the Cluster and ends up in whatever fight is happening between Xaos and our new mystery enemy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, deathzealot said:

My guess, is that the YF-29 is not going to be from Xaos or even the Alliance itself, but is actually from the SMS. Since we know from some of the information about the VF-31 is that SMS had a hand in its development through Aisha. So for some reason SMS arrives in the Cluster and ends up in whatever fight is happening between Xaos and our new mystery enemy.

Now that'd be entertaining... SMS rolls up and is like "What up scrubs!  Competent mercenaries are here to clean up your mess!" :lol:

 

5 minutes ago, AN/ALQ128 said:

Is this the first VF/SV with no vertical stabilizers?

enemyvalk.png

No, we've had a few previous examples like the VF-X3 Medusa from the FamilySoft Macross games (not official setting), the Feios Valkyrie that debuted in Macross Digital Mission VF-X, and the derivative Queadluun-Alma from Macross the Ride.

 

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That looks like the mono-eye VF that we're presuming is the enemy, and possibly protoculture-tech.

Everyone is always way too quick to jump to assuming things are Protoculture technology... like they did when we got our first look at the VF-27. 

That's clearly a human-made Variable Fighter.

Since this new enemy appears to have a heavily cyborged individual on its side, that kind of narrows the field by a huge margin to "Galaxy or someone connected to them".  They're the only ones who had that level of cybernetic technology and cybernetically-reinforced soldiers were (and presumably still are) illegal.  So is this the Cyber-Nobles having another go at galactic domination, or is this them selling their advanced technology to anti-government factions like Fasces to make ends meet now that they're on the run?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Now that'd be entertaining... SMS rolls up and is like "What up scrubs!  Competent mercenaries are here to clean up your mess!" 

Laughs. Perhaps. Though I wonder the reason for them to appear in the cluster? Maybe the Macross Galaxy is indeed going to be the bad guys in this movie and the SMS arrive due to them kind of searching for the Galaxy during all this time. Or something similar to that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I brighten the image to see what’s going on on this ‘enemy’ Valk. Looks loke it has lots of transformkng panels.

16073529-BAA9-4A84-A00D-DBE068355A58.jpeg.cb834375967f5ac7a9d34f9c76025c78.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Now that'd be entertaining... SMS rolls up and is like "What up scrubs!  Competent mercenaries are here to clean up your mess!" :lol:

"Why the heck did you bring an obsolete VF-19 out here?"

"I assure you that pilot can fly rings around everything in space with it. And he refuses to fly anything else."

Edited by JB0
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, deathzealot said:

Laughs. Perhaps. Though I wonder the reason for them to appear in the cluster? Maybe the Macross Galaxy is indeed going to be the bad guys in this movie and the SMS arrive due to them kind of searching for the Galaxy during all this time. Or something similar to that.

Strategic Military Services is a business rival of Xaos's PMC division, and we know both companies apparently have holdings on Sephira, which must be near the Brisingr cluster if Messer was to be transferred to a Xaos office there.  Maybe SMS is moving in on Xaos's turf after Xaos bungled the whole Windermere thing so completely that the enemy were able to conquer the entire cluster.

(Macross 30's plot starts with Reon Sakaki transporting a YF-25 from the SMS branch on Sephira to the one on Uroboros, and Messer was to be transferred to the Xaos branch on Sephira after his Var problem got out of hand.)

 

 

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I brighten the image to see what’s going on on this ‘enemy’ Valk. Looks loke it has lots of transformkng panels.

16073529-BAA9-4A84-A00D-DBE068355A58.jpeg.cb834375967f5ac7a9d34f9c76025c78.jpeg

FWIW, my read of this is that it definitely has General Galaxy's grubby little fingerprints all over it.

I wonder how they'll do that iridescent sheen when it comes out as a DX Chogokin?  I'm sure the plamodels will have holofoil stickers for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JB0 said:

"Why the heck did you bring an obsolete VF-19 out here?"

"I assure you that pilot can fly rings around everything in space with it. And he refuses to fly anything else."

Lol. YES! DYSON all day!!

 

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

FWIW, my read of this is that it definitely has General Galaxy's grubby little fingerprints all over it.

 

It just seems inevitable that Galaxy is going to come back into the mix..

 

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I wonder how they'll do that iridescent sheen when it comes out as a DX Chogokin?  I'm sure the plamodels will have holofoil stickers for that.

Bandai will airbrush glitter onto it and give it a gloss finish 😈

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Strategic Military Services is a business rival of Xaos's PMC division, and we know both companies apparently have holdings on Sephira, which must be near the Brisingr cluster if Messer was to be transferred to a Xaos office there.  Maybe SMS is moving in on Xaos's turf after Xaos bungled the whole Windermere thing so completely that the enemy were able to conquer the entire cluster.

(Macross 30's plot starts with Reon Sakaki transporting a YF-25 from the SMS branch on Sephira to the one on Uroboros, and Messer was to be transferred to the Xaos branch on Sephira after his Var problem got out of hand.)

Huh. I did not know that Messer was going to be transferred to that of Sephira. I need to rewatch that episode again. Thanks.

Not to mention didn't Aisha had a hand in developing the VF-31?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, deathzealot said:

Huh. I did not know that Messer was going to be transferred to that of Sephira. I need to rewatch that episode again. Thanks.

Not to mention didn't Aisha had a hand in developing the VF-31?

Not 100% sure here. But I’m thinking in a way because Aisha did in fact designed the YF-30 Chronos that pave way to the VF-31 Siegfrieds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, deathzealot said:

Not to mention didn't Aisha had a hand in developing the VF-31?

Inasmuch as she was heavily involved in the development of the YF-30 Chronos technology demonstrator that the VF-31 Kairos was developed from.

It's unclear if she was directly involved in the development of the economized, production-ready derivative version that we know as the VF-31.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 1:18 AM, no3Ljm said:

I brighten the image to see what’s going on on this ‘enemy’ Valk. Looks loke it has lots of transformkng panels.

16073529-BAA9-4A84-A00D-DBE068355A58.jpeg.cb834375967f5ac7a9d34f9c76025c78.jpeg

Giant glowing Neon Valkyie, that just seems to scream, "SHOOT HERE" to me.  Maybe all those glowing bits have a purpose, but right now, I'm not loving it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2021 at 11:56 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

Everyone is always way too quick to jump to assuming things are Protoculture technology... like they did when we got our first look at the VF-27. 

My toothbrush is protoculture tech.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, aurance said:

My toothbrush is protoculture tech.

My rule of thumb for "is something likely Protoculture technology?" is as follows:

  • Does it look like the output of a regrettable one-night stand between a Lovecraftian horror and an unattended houseplant or rock formation?
  • It it at least partly biologically alive while still being technological in nature?
  • Is it in some way an existential threat to sentient life?

If the answer to all three of those is "Yes", then it's likely Protoculture technology.

Let's be honest, when was the last time we saw a piece of confirmed Protoculture technology that didn't look like it was collecting child support payments from Nyarlathotep? 

 

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

Giant glowing Neon Valkyie, that just seems to scream, "SHOOT HERE" to me.  Maybe all those glowing bits have a purpose, but right now, I'm not loving it.

What, you don't like your Valkyries riced out?  This thing looks like it even has ground effects!  (And the hangar we see it in in the trailer is so 2010's kpop music video...)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 1:18 AM, no3Ljm said:

I brighten the image to see what’s going on on this ‘enemy’ Valk. Looks loke it has lots of transformkng panels.

16073529-BAA9-4A84-A00D-DBE068355A58.jpeg.cb834375967f5ac7a9d34f9c76025c78.jpeg

It's carrying some interesting looking warheads too..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bolt said:

It's carrying some interesting looking warheads too..

It'll be like Gundam fin funnels since it's a Siren and it'll lure everyone to their demise with it's song and control the wind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...