Question for people who have the Ikea Detolf case. I know when you purchase new, you have to assemble it. My question is, when you need to transport it from one location to another after you assembled it, do you move it whole or disassemble it? I am about to pick one up from Craigslist and wondering is it easy to disassemble then reassemble or just move it as a whole unit.

Thanks!

Question for people who have the Ikea Detolf case. I know when you purchase new, you have to assemble it. My question is, when you need to transport it from one location to another after you assembled it, do you move it whole or disassemble it? I am about to pick one up from Craigslist and wondering is it easy to disassemble then reassemble or just move it as a whole unit.

Thanks!

I don't have any Detolfs but the other "furniture" that I have from IKEA is easy to assemble and dissemble. Because of the amount of glass a Detolf has I would advise to dissemble it otherwise you might risk breaking the glass when you transport it. Be careful large panels made out of glass can break easily so pay attention during transporting. Just make sure you don't lose the included tools. ^_^

Dissassembling a Detolf would definitely be easier to transport. But as someone who has owned a ton of Ikea furniture over the years, I generally follow the rule of thumb that Ikea furniture is only good for about 3-4 dissassembly/reassemblies before it gets wobbly and starts falling apart.

Oh, and the glass used in the Detolf is tempered safety glass. It can break, but it's much more resistant to breakage than a standard sheet of glass.

Thanks!

just get another person and use straps to lift it, the glass is strong, My Detolfs have been moved twice with out any issues.

I

require season tickets to your museum'o'Valks. Just sayin', man! You'll

make back what you spent on puttin that collection together in a few

months :D

Tickets will be available on pre order basis, just like Bandai's method of a short window in the middle of the night 205_zpsd6be88bd.gif

:o Damn, Kicker!

I like your avatar...that's miriya's box art for my VF1D if i'm not mistaken. God I have to get that thing finished.

Nice Tomahawks! Damn you have everything!

Maybe......just maybe....281_zps0d90e3c0.gif

Hey guys, Detolfs are actually really easy to move while they are assembled. I moved a few of them twice so far over the years and did not have any problems. I just make sure to use moving blankets and I lay them on the back side with the door facing up. I did this in the back of a Denali without problems.

Edited by Loop

Got my VF-25S Armored in the other day. Its a V.1 but in fighter mode and the overkill Armor I love it just the way it is! My VE-1 & VT-1 came along for the ride.

I blame "wm cheng" ( In the greatest way possible) for this purchase, his 1/72 Model kit was so mind blowing I was like I must have one and I'm glad I do. B))

post-6180-0-98969100-1363733271_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-34767900-1363733274_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-58045200-1363733277_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-19099500-1363733283_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-50045000-1363733290_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-66295600-1363733292_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-97456900-1363733294_thumb.jpg

Haha! I blame you guys... its the V2 Bandai Renewal VF-25S Armored that everyone was posting (that I missed out on - argh!) that prompted me to build the 1/72 scale model.