This is perfect fit for the SV-51

http://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-KN13

This is a perfect fit for the Bandai Andromeda

http://www.hlj.com/product/YLSPPC-KN14CL

The only thing is that the clear walls are flexible vinyl, but they hold their shape really well - but for some reason (maybe during shipping which is very expensive to ship an oversized flat parcel to North America only via EMS) they became statically charged and now attracts a lot of dust to the clear walls. I have to try to find some sort of static spray to treat them, but I suppose they will loose their charge over time.

nice! can you do me a favor and get and measure the dimensions on those two? i could use some detolf toppers too. :-) thanks in advance!

oh nevermind i see the measurements ont eh box in cm.

Edited by Mechapilot77

After looking at everyones displays and the cases, the comments about UV light damaging the plastic makes sense, and peoples solution of UV sheets on windows and keeping the collection in the dark limits damage, but I like to know if there have there been any tests done to see if LED lights do other kinds of damage to the items?

Case in point. I'm looking at building birch plywood w/ cherry stained cabinets that have plex or glass shelves, with LEDs running vertically down each side of the front, facing rearward behind glass (think newer vending machines). The front glass will be the one-way smoked mirror glass that you can see through only when the lights are on, otherwise remains dark when off (security when the cableguy, or other "guests" are over that might not appreciate the collection). It would be an enclosed space that would confine the light wavelengths. Any thoughts???

It's not just UV that damages objects, it's light. Period.

Rate of light damage is proportional to intensity. So, if the lighting is too bright, then it's going to fade and damage the object.

That said, if you want to totally nerd out there's been some studies on the use of LED's with regard to light sensitive material: http://www.apsnyc.com/LED%20for%20Art%20Applications_Steven%20Weintraub.pdf

It looks like LEDs are better, but it's still a matter of intensity. If you rig an LED up that's super blazingly bright, then yes, it's going to damage the object.

congrats! I'd be interested in knowing where you get them from! More info is appreciated.

Here is site I used: http://www.slstoredisplays.com

The price isn't the cheapest but the store offered free shipping to a business address for orders over 1K. Since inside delivery is very expensive for folks like me living in an apt in new york city, I have them shipped to my mover and have my mover delivered inside. In the end I probably saved about 300 in shipping.

this site (http://www.fixturedepot.com/) offers the same product for $80 less but the shipping eats all the savings in my case.

Edited by brenttoyou

cool thanks! I wonder how hard they are to assemble. Not bad for $400. Shipping isn't that horrible either. Great find! I wish I knew about them earlier before I bought my cabinet.

I have also been looking at these for a while. I found a site that was selling them that had youtube videos of them being assembled. They looked pretty easy to assemble with help, I couldn't tell which site though...

Edited by Loop

Found the video!

It is from displays2go.com, right? They also have electronic copy of the instruction posted on the website as well. Unfortunately they charge way too much for the cases (close to 600). I have done a lot of research and found that fixturedepot has the best merchandise price but slstoredisplay offers the best total price in my case because of the free shipping.

These are some old pics.. but gotta get the thread moving...

Not much love for the Frontier V1 valks since the V2 are out but hey if they had only kept the v1 I would have been complete with all armaments for each valk that was out there. Maybe in the future I'll hunt the v2's but for now they are basically the same to me.

Frontier5_zpsd2f17f24.jpg

Ozma and Alto with TV FP and Ozma, Alto and Michael with Tornado and missiles

Frontier4_zps0c1dfcd0.jpg

and of course the original line up with their Armored parts

Frontier3_zps2d237812.jpg

Frontier2_zps38797689.jpg

Frontier1_zpse0c99bca.jpg

I do have the renewal alto for some reason and the 30th Anniv. ed. still in boxes. Then again these are old pics. Enjoy =)

I love that display, seriously.

Honestly, I love the V1s. I think they kinda get a bad rap/weren't what people were hoping for, but knowing the flaws going in, I don't regret the two I own for a second. I think they're pretty nice toys! And honestly, given the prices on the version two releases at the moment... Personally, I think the V1s are still a pretty viable option, even still. In fact, I'll probably stick to them for my Frontier collection for the other VF-25/27 releases, too. Leave the V2s to the rest of you fine folks who can afford them/care more about the minor differences! :lol:

These are some old pics.. but gotta get the thread moving...

Not much love for the Frontier V1 valks since the V2 are out but hey if they had only kept the v1 I would have been complete with all armaments for each valk that was out there. Maybe in the future I'll hunt the v2's but for now they are basically the same to me.

Frontier5_zpsd2f17f24.jpg

Do I see a Ranka Lee Megahouse limited edition action figure?

Lucky!

Nice display!

anyone round here have one of those MegaHouse 10/11in. Ranka dolls?

you mean one of these?

171SP_zps2041b409.jpg

if your wondering why star date Sheryl doesn't have her clothes on is because the original shorts stained the body so i bought a replacement body.

if your wondering why star date Sheryl doesn't have her clothes on is because the original shorts stained the body so i bought a replacement body.

A likely story... :p

I kind of like these, though. I don't suppose there's any way to see how they'd look next to the 12 inch Hikaru doll Toynami put out?

My current displayed pieces.

attachicon.giffoto gen 2013 010.JPG

a much better method in which to achieve a dynamic-looking static YF-19 1/60v.I BATTROID pose. YMMV;

a single-notch forward-canting of the GERWALK thigh joints, combined with a slight rearward tilt of the torso,

enough for a natural posture, and for the hips to clear the pelvic glove-mountings for better "A" leg-spread,

does wonders towards a better neutral BATTROID stance, IMHO anyhow;

YF-191-60vIJOHN-2-20-13_zpsdf57db5c.jpg

you mean one of these?

171SP_zps2041b409.jpg

OH!! finally someone around here that owns her!! any idea on whether she can be found anymore, or what her current going rate might be?

Edited by Shaorin

OH!! finally someone around here that owns her!! any idea on whether she can be found anymore, or what her current going rate might be?

I have no idea what the logic is for making these things so damn rare. It's not like the manufacturers are making any more money.

Sadly it would probably be easier to make one from scratch with a BJD body, a salvaged PVC Ranka figure head, and have clothes custom made.

But yeah, I would be interested too, but I'm not counting on that happening.