Plus it's coming to a point for me to get rid of some things to make room.

Let me know if you've got any old resin kits you'd like to unload.

uIQpt.jpg

In this reply I dramatically demonstrate the trouble with growing your collection faster than you make room for it. Before you ask 'how do you see the screen' the simple answer is that I don't. Fortunately, mechs are far more interesting to look at than most things I could be looking on the computer, so I guess we can call the whole thing even.

Yeah, I always thought that was a kind of neat coincidence. Even more amusing is if you go by the 10 meter height Macross 7 claims for the Zentreadi rather than the actual size they seem to appear onscreen in the show, even the little Zentreadi G.I.Joe style figures actually work out to be in the ballpart of 1/60-is, only a little bit smaller than the Miria figure that came with the Queadluun. Definitely not perfect, but it's not like Macross ever tried very hard to keep mecha scales consistent with each other anyway, especially with the Zentreadi, so I couldn't be happier with the scale of these things.

Mostly I'm just happy that they exist at all, and manage to blend in reasonably well with toys made 20 years later. Matchbox didn't do much right by Macross, but I tip my hat to them for these guys.

Edited by aceoftherebellion

Matchbox didn't do much right by Macross, but I tip my hat to them for these guys.

Really? Both the battle pods are good. Their Destroids, considering they were only $10 at retail originally, still hold up well as the Nousjadeul-Ger though it is a tad skinny. The Bioriod, Invid Scout and Invid Shock trooper all look good (I know, not Macross), though the two Invid could use more articulation. The only two that weren't great were the non-transforming VF-1 and the only semi-partial transforming Hovertank (also not Macross.). I still have everything they made from that line except for the VF-1, Defender and Spartan.

The only two that weren't great were the non-transforming VF-1 and the only semi-partial transforming Hovertank (also not Macross.). I still have everything they made from that line except for the VF-1, Defender and Spartan.

Don't forget their non-transforming Cyclone/Ride Armor toy. A brick with wheels if I ever saw one.

Really? Both the battle pods are good. Their Destroids, considering they were only $10 at retail originally, still hold up well as the Nousjadeul-Ger though it is a tad skinny. The Bioriod, Invid Scout and Invid Shock trooper all look good (I know, not Macross), though the two Invid could use more articulation. The only two that weren't great were the non-transforming VF-1 and the only semi-partial transforming Hovertank (also not Macross.). I still have everything they made from that line except for the VF-1, Defender and Spartan.

Maybe for the price, but I'm not generally very impressed with their 7 inch vehicle line. They were the best on the market (and still are for some designs) just through sheer virtue of being the only things on the market but other than that, I find them pretty 'eh'. I agree that a lot of the Southern Cross and Mospeada stuff was pretty awesome, though.

thanks! none of my friends care anything about my sci-fi hobby's so I like to share it with people on here at least so somebody besides me can enjoy it. I have a good collection of Star Wars stuff as well..maybe I'll post pics of that if the mod's will permit me the slight breach of forum rules... :ph34r:

uIQpt.jpg

i used to have that same GUNDAM W wall scroll up in my room ten years ago. i still have it, packed away somewhere.

GUNDAM WING never was one of the better series, IMO, but i had no internet a decade back,

and only a single local-ish comic shop from which to satiate my Anime/Manga interests on anything approaching a regular basis,

so beggars could hardly be choosers, i suppose... :(:):(

Edited by Shaorin