Mission 24: Fatal Judgement  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Finally, a Macross with courtroom drama.)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?...)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 24 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for their respective threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs. There will be consequences if you don't
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Episode started off dull with lots of talking but kicks into gear when...

Arad pilots Wright's VF-22

Makina takes a shot from a sniper

Mikumo transforms into the Wind Singer

Xaos arrive with Kairos's and Koenigs

I'm hoping they keep things moving in this direction for the final few episodes.

Wright Immelmann's Sturmvogel in action. For all of a few seconds.

iXGzxTL.jpg

pXubH6L.jpg

Whatever excuses Heinz had he has lost all sympathy from me as he is willing to let a great injustice happen in front of him.

As for Roid his fanaticism will lead to the death of his people. Forcing Mikumo to summon the head can only lead to Windermere's destruction. Yes it is the Bird Human all over again.

Berger Stone helped Walkure as he knows whatever plan Roid had can't be good for him. Leading them to Wright's VF-22.

I told you people it was a plot point last week.

Please tell me they pulled the flight data recorder.

Oh wow, I didn't even think about that. That could blow this whole thing wide open!

Also,

I made a GIF of my favorite scene in the episode (as I choose to remember it)

Imgur Link (warning, large GIF)

Edit: Improved version

Edited by Product9

VERY nice to see the Strumvogel in action.

But where was Kaname and the others being stowed?

POSITIVE...last two episodes should be a thriller.

Oh wow, I didn't even think about that. That could blow this whole thing wide open!

Also,

I made a GIF of my favorite scene in the episode (as I choose to remember it)

Imgur Link (warning, large GIF)

Hahaha...that's great.

Better, much better.

The stakes were higher and there was more and better drama. Combat scenes were actually meningful for once (Arad did something!) and the bit with Freyja starting to develop scales added a sombre ending to the proceedings. I hope they keep this up for the entire finale

How did they open up the Fold gate? Who opened the Fold gate? Wasn't the intention of the song to destroy the ruins? Was that just a bonus of activating them?

The better question is

Why not just bring a fleet through that gate? For christ sake... One of the other squads, Chuck, a spare shuttle and a Monster came through. Bring an 'effin FLEET. TACTICS?!?!?!?!? Strategy?!?!?

The better question is

Why not just bring a fleet through that gate? For christ sake... One of the other squads, Chuck, a spare shuttle and a Monster came through. Bring an 'effin FLEET. TACTICS?!?!?!?!? Strategy?!?!?

But it was TWO Monsters. ;) As far as getting a fleet through the gate goes, we don't know what the situation is like on the other side; last we saw Chuck he was separated from the Elysion; there might have been a larger fleet battle that popped up along the way preventing them from meeting. If the Elysion couldn't go through, it's possible that whoever was in charge was reluctant to send anyone through without knowing what they'd encounter on the other side. (Technical question, if you see someone else's Fold portal open, how do you know where it goes?)

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

Can some translate what Roid says post credits?

This episodes feels to me like the half way mark for the show, but alas we only have 2/3 eps left

He says:

"Star Singer, Mikumo Guynemer, let your song heard in the entire galaxy."

Episode started off dull with lots of talking but kicks into gear when...

Arad pilots Wright's VF-22

Makina takes a shot from a sniper

Mikumo transforms into the Wind Singer

Xaos arrive with Kairos's and Koenigs

I'm hoping they keep things moving in this direction for the final few episodes.

Wright Immelmann's Sturmvogel in action. For all of a few seconds.

iXGzxTL.jpg

pXubH6L.jpg

Mikumo transforms into the Wind Star Singer

The better question is

A fleet and Elysion might still at Randall, I guessed.

The squads that appeared in this episode might be standby with Chuck at Alfheim.

The chance of a display plane mounted on a plinth (i.e. a gate guard) being still flyable is next to none. First step would normally to be remove the engines and any sensitive avionics, rendering it unflyable

Well It might be harder to hit a valk like that given how integrated systems are and their more stable in a resting state. But mostly keeping a trophy weapon in working order seems very much like something Gramia would do.

The chance of a display plane mounted on a plinth (i.e. a gate guard) being still flyable is next to none. First step would normally to be remove the engines and any sensitive avionics, rendering it unflyable

I just chalked it up to the Windermereans being lazy, rather than doing a good job in taking the things apart, he just had an extra strong support built for the VF-22; wonder if that thing could still transform.

Now, the part that was interesting was with Berger, he is basically playing both sides, is that right? I just don't get him, is he may be Lady M in drag?

I finally figured out the thing that keeps bothering me about Bogue. On the one hand, his voice makes him sound Edward Elric size, then they show him standing next to Keith, he is almost as tall. I wonder if his animation is somehow inconsistent, I had the feeling that he was shorter than Herman when the show started, but now he is just as tall. May be he went through a growth spurt or something.

I guess I don't get the plan with the smash and grab here; they were trying to activate the runes to destroy it, but then because Mikumo fell into the wrong hands, and she activated the bird human thingie, everything went wrong, and now our heroes beat a hasty retreat. But how did the reinforcements know when they need to get there? Hope the subs come out soon.

If a portal just open magically in your side of the planet, the infiltration team... er... succeeded. That is your cue to send reinforcements.

About the VF-22, it shouldn't fly. The fact that it did just show how bigger than life evildoers like 007 antagonists ever get undone after showing how mighty they are, what kind of usable trophies they are fond of, and how much they do like the sound of their own voices telling everything needed to be defeated just because they feel pretty sure the good guys walk to their deaths.

Not that I take this show for what it is, I am enjoying it again. Even Deux Ex Machina silly plots like "we had the valkyries parked down there just by lucky coincidence".

Edited by Aries Turner