Mission 24: Fatal Judgement  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Finally, a Macross with courtroom drama.)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?...)

Point on that they let Freyja into the presence of the king in a piece of military hardware with the juice to maintain the holographic protection and thermoregulate. Mind I seriously doubt any of the triangle know how to do it but those batteries have potential energy to make a fair bomb or taizer.

But was this actually on her, or did she put one (a spare?) on again when she got into the Valk?

-As I said last week, the VF-22 was a plot device. Other than that, it really had no purpose. Arad could have accomplished the same thing with his VF-31 and taken out both AA turrets. And since the '22 only had minor wing damage, it could still be flown (provided that it would be in a straight line) so crashing it seemed like a waste. Frankly, my curiosity with that VF-22 wouldn't be with the fighter but with the flight data recorder. If the FDR was untouched, then that would be the useful. But alas that '22 is no longer necessary for the story so I'll forget about it.

Looks like a belly landing to me, not a crash as such. But the VF-22 had no legs, and thus no VTOL capability. And this was no landing strip so the conventional gear was useless. Arad did the best he could, and the damage does not look like it could destroy the FDR. (But the sloppy writing could forget about the FDR, yes - or Epsilon could have taken it).

But now I'm wondering how they took off from the museum without the legs.

While granted this was subtitled my point was I still would have preferred a quick shot of Arad & Berger in front of the VF-22, then telling him "yep, she's airworthy, armed... I fixed it." Again, not much to ask for vs. getting a Back to the Future II moment or Bogue being a never ending douchebag.

As in the conversation should have been somewhat more detailed - point taken, yes.

Also, those automatic weapons not hitting Freyja amd Mirage who are running in a straight line...

Edited by Saruta

I'll contribute to your drinking game by saying, she'll appear as a chair and and arm sitting at a desk holding some trinket. Down that bottle of vodka if we see that in episode 26.

Guess I should do my sit-down viewing of this episode later. Haven't even had time to do a quick-viewing. <_<

If I can change the vodka to some Japanese whisky, we have ourselves a deal.

Last episode was tough. That trial was a very "windy" affair. Luckily once the combat started, there was a chance to recuperate.

But was this actually on her, or did she put one (a spare?) on again when she got into the Valk?

Unless they gave her clothes identical to the outfit it was generating then she was still in the holo gear. I'm not sure if it's better or worse that they at least seemed to have caught the rocket panties. I guess I'll just be satisfied that Windemere is upholding the fine macross tradition of having horrible security.

If she had rocket panties on, why would she have a problem jumping down into an abyss? She was not very willing to do it so I guess she did not have them on? Ah wait - she is seen arming the rocket panties, so yes, guess they caught them.

And we did not see a woman guarding the prisoners... But someone had to catch the panties... Bogue you HENTAI!

(At least Roid is a Shibari master who works over clothes as many Shibari masters do, but why is he using bands instead of ropes? Os this the Windermere version of Shibari? Or is he no good at it himself and just ordered a ready harness from Epsilon? If so, there might be a surprise in the harness?).

Edited by Saruta

If I can change the vodka to some Japanese whisky, we have ourselves a deal.

That can be arranged...

Also, those automatic weapons not hitting Freyja amd Mirage who are running in a straight line...

Plot armor. Automatic -20 to hit when rolling a D20. Or they were trained by Imperial Stormtroopers. At least Stormtroopers have an excuse; they can't see sh*t through the eyes.

Makina was most likely shot with an armor-piercing round.

Too bad it wasn't an armor piercing incendiary round. It would be kind of weird if Makina caught fire at the same time.

That can be arranged...

Plot armor. Automatic -20 to hit when rolling a D20. Or they were trained by Imperial Stormtroopers. At least Stormtroopers have an excuse; they can't see sh*t through the eyes.

Windermereans have an excuse too... their superior human attributes make them suck at shooting. :p

Finally, Roid is hitting all the highlights, bondage, child abuse, I'm just waiting for him to bring out one of the birds on Windermere.

Edited by kalvasflam

Saruta: the VF-22 doesn't need legs to take off or fly. The engines exhaust through dedicated, well, exhausts that run over the back of the airframe and form a backpack while in Battroid. The YF-21 at least could dump its arms and legs to lose mass and achieve hyper-maneuverability.

A Windermerean would gamble for stormtroopers visors if only because its awkwardness and lack of fashion would keep Roid sleazy fingers away. Even if just to read at night, at their homes. Ah, the times we Windermereans could afford having glasses in plain daylight, the times without the thief with the awkward fetish...

Mind you, the collection we see is the one at his office. We may not know how many hundreds he keeps at home.

Edited by Aries Turner

Saruta: the VF-22 doesn't need legs to take off or fly. The engines exhaust through dedicated, well, exhausts that run over the back of the airframe and form a backpack while in Battroid. The YF-21 at least could dump its arms and legs to lose mass and achieve hyper-maneuverability.

True, but Kaname, Makina & Reina were all in the compartment where the legs would normally be. In order to vector downward thrust, the belly doors would have to open & the engines would fire directly where the girls are.

The 22 was on a display stand. I presume that Arad just blew out the wall & punched it. Even if it skidded along the floor on it's way out, the 22 would achieve lift once it exited the tower.

This is funny. A random Windemere sniper does more damage to Walkure in one scene than what Bogue did this whole series. That man deserves a promotion.

Post-mortem. Kaname rammed a drone in his face.

You do know that something like that would only make Bogue whine more.

Something just dawned on me.

Who was piloting the friggin' shuttle? Makina?

If it was not Makina, then the pilot has to be around somewhere. But he (or she) simply disappears from the plot?

(I don't think any other Walkure member can realistically pilot at all, but Makina is a mechanic, not just a singer, and a mechanic should probably be able to pilot a shuttle decently and to handle a belly landing - it's not like she'd have to scissor with Keith).

Edited by Saruta

Post-mortem. Kaname rammed a drone in his face.

You do know that something like that would only make Bogue whine more.

Oh You're right....Maybe he can come back Keith Style and wear a helmet like that one Overwatch character. Totally dig that.

LoL. I don't think anyone would pay attention to Bogue's whining. Unpopular Opinion: It's sad that Bogue didn't have much character development in this series, He would probably been a great character. Also I'd like to include the fact that he did touch Hayate's Rune. BogueXHayate. Or maybe not. haha.

Something just dawned on me.

Who was piloting the friggin' shuttle? Makina?

If it was not Makina, then the pilot has to be around somewhere. But he (or she) simply disappears from the plot?

I've been wondering this ever since they crashed the shuttle and there's been no mention whatsoever of the crew. If the crew died, they could at least spare us a line of dialogue to clear that up.

Edited by This Confuses Gamlin

I've been wondering this ever since they crashed the shuttle and there's been no mention whatsoever of the crew. If the crew died, they could at least spare us a line of dialogue to clear that up.

Controlled from the magical finger tips of the Walkure.... remember, if they can control some drones, why not a whole Koeing from their finger tips. Size matters not, do or do not.... or some BS like that. It's probably all being Kaname controlling the shuttle or something, and there is some mild AI involved.

Oh You're right....Maybe he can come back Keith Style and wear a helmet like that one Overwatch character. Totally dig that.

Unless he could straighten out his wing suit, I'm sure he's meat paste.

Unpopular Opinion: It's sad that Bogue didn't have much character development in this series, He would probably been a great character. Also I'd like to include the fact that he did touch Hayate's Rune. BogueXHayate. Or maybe not. haha.

Had Messer not died, I was 'shippin Hayate v. Bogue. But that thought died 14 weeks ago.

I'd say the shuttle has been UAV'd.

Too bad it wasn't an armor piercing incendiary round. It would be kind of weird if Makina caught fire at the same time.

Windermereans have an excuse too... their superior human attributes make them suck at shooting. :p

Finally, Roid is hitting all the highlights, bondage, child abuse, I'm just waiting for him to bring out one of the birds on Windermere.

There could be something to that. You'll notice they do carry swords...

Controlled from the magical finger tips of the Walkure.... remember, if they can control some drones, why not a whole Koeing from their finger tips. Size matters not, do or do not.... or some BS like that. It's probably all being Kaname controlling the shuttle or something, and there is some mild AI involved.

Not Kaname, the shuttle did not jerk or anything as she fell out.

I have rewatched that sequence. Kaname, Freyja, and Mikumo are on-screen for a long time, clearly not piloting. Makina appears briefly to hold Mikumo, preventing her from falling out. Reina, however, is not seen. Was she piloting? Is she able to pilot?

Just saw English-subbed Delta Mini Theater I. And it said that the costumes were bulletproof. Makina got hit and it did not stop the bullet. What's going on here?

There's no such thing as "bullet proof", only bullet resistant. What's the ballistic rating of Walkure's suits? What's it spec'd against.... pistol ammo, rifle ammo, AP rounds etc? Too many possible various without knowing details.

There's no such thing as "bullet proof", only bullet resistant. What's the ballistic rating of Walkure's suits? What's it spec'd against.... pistol ammo, rifle ammo, AP rounds etc? Too many possible various without knowing details.

Maybe it's simply just a(nother) big plot hole by the geniuses who write and screenplay Delta anime...

Well, I've put it off as long as I usefully can... time to slog into Macross Disappointment episode 24.

Once again, we open on Arad demonstrating that he is really, REALLY bad at his job. Whining about Hayate and co. getting captured, and getting snuck up on by a goddamn civilian wearing enough jangly metal crap on his person to be legally reclassifiable as a wind chime... and Arad doesn't notice until he's practically on top of them. Either the writers are taking the piss, or Berger is engaging in deadpan sarcasm. How lovely that Xaos's most senior operatives had no idea most of their gear was made by the guy supplying arms to the enemy...

Roid's menacing Mikumo with one of those knives that looks more like a potato peeler than any kind of serviceable blade.

Points to Heinz for at least making a show of fairness in the Windermerean kangaroo court... though even our clueless protagonists are sharp enough to notice this is a show trial before the execution. Dunno why they even let Bogue in the room though, he's got all the decorum of a colicky baby.

... wow, Windermerean Judge #1 finally said the thing I've been waiting for someone to say in this series. Because they're civilians playing soldier dressup and waving guns instead of the actual military, Xaos's staff are not elligible to be treated as prisoners of war. Finally, a character who gets how stupid it is for a PMC to be the protagonist side.

The VF-22 in Darwent Castle was conveniently tuned and fueled last night? Talk about a very convenient move on Berger's part... all to extort from Xaos. It really is sad how stupid the show's protagonists are, that even this late in the series they're being played for fools by everyone. Even now, they're getting a "The reason you suck" speech from Windermere... and it really is funny how completely on the mark it all is. (Even funnier is how they're obviously gonna fail at their "tactical live".)

The longer this drags on, the more I'm cheering for the bad guys in the hopes that they just kill everyone and end this farce.

I know they won't kill Makina, but for a minute there I had hope that we'd finally jettison some of the deadweight from this series. That's a LOT of blood though. She was only shot a few seconds ago and there's already a freaking lake of it.

Hey, I called it way back at like Ep13! Freyja's burning up her lifespan every time she sings.. and now she's finally starting to experience accelerated aging as a result.

The mecha parts of this were just a freaking joke... so short as to be barely worth mention, and mostly recycled footage.

Yep... givin' this one a richly-deserved negative vote. Of late, it's been a lot easier to cheer on the Aerial Knights. At least they're competent.