Jump to content

Wave 1/72 VF-4 lightning


seti88

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Just noticed that the release has been pushed back to he end of Dec. man Jan-Feb is looking very expensive for me as I have several different things all coming out at that time.

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Release date pushed back again to February, at least on HLJ. :(

February through April are looking mighty expensive for me. This, the Hasegawa VF-31A re-release, all the Full Metal Panic kits coming out around March/April, plus the Metal Build Arbalest and DX VF-31A in March... Yikes.

Edited by kajnrig
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Looks real nice! One of the coments mention a prototype High-Metal R VF-4!??

Chris

There was one a few years back. Pretty sure there was a VF-0 on display in the back too though I wasn't there so can't confirm if it was. Was in a  "No Photos" area but someone was able to snap a pic. It's in the lower right area.

Tamashii%2BNations%2BMacross%2Bdisplay%2Bimage%2B04.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, cool, thanks for the info. Reminds me of the YF-21 they showed years ago as well. I wonder why they invest the time and money into these things and then never release. Maybe too complicated or not good enough?

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, wmkjr said:

There was one a few years back. Pretty sure there was a VF-0 on display in the back too though I wasn't there so can't confirm if it was. Was in a  "No Photos" area but someone was able to snap a pic. It's in the lower right area.

Tamashii%2BNations%2BMacross%2Bdisplay%2Bimage%2B04.jpg

 Oh yes that glorious Sunday! there was a mockup HMR 0s under the M0 poster in the pic.

 

18 hours ago, Dobber said:

Hmm, cool, thanks for the info. Reminds me of the YF-21 they showed years ago as well. I wonder why they invest the time and money into these things and then never release. Maybe too complicated or not good enough?

Chris

It takes time for them to release. The HMR vf2 was teased then and took 2 yrs before release.

back to the wave kit tho, sure looks sleek. Can't wait to see all the customs, folks will b coming up with...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

 ....

back to the wave kit tho, sure looks sleek. Can't wait to see all the customs, folks will b coming up with...

Got my scheme selected! ;)

Chris

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

It's easy to say that cos this isn't a HMR haha...

Hahaha! I just don't have time to paint is all. :lol: 

1 minute ago, 505thAirborne said:

So we're still not going to get an accurate FB 2012 Hikaru pilot figure? :(

Image result for Flashback 2012 Hikaru

Shoot. Really? Oh well, another reason not to really PO this one. Sorry guys. :rolleyes:

But... if this is 1/48 release... I'll bite even if it has that DYRL pilot figure. ^_^ 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 505thAirborne said:

So we're still not going to get an accurate FB 2012 Hikaru pilot figure? :(

Image result for Flashback 2012 Hikaru

as much as I would love an accurate FB2012 pilot... that's THE UGLIEST helmet in all of Macross. 

 

No huge loss to me as long as they include a pilot in some sort of UN SPACY gear*...

 

 

 

*Normally this is where I would lay-in to Hasegawa, but their 1/72 not-SDFM/M0 recent releases have all included pilots, so they get a pass as long as they keep it up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, slide said:

as much as I would love an accurate FB2012 pilot... that's THE UGLIEST helmet in all of Macross. 

Uglier than this? :ph34r: 

hqdefault.jpg

048.jpg

 

Because I didn't get it why his helmet is so wide. ^_^ 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Uglier than this? :ph34r: 

hqdefault.jpg

048.jpg

 

Because I didn't get it why his helmet is so wide. ^_^ 

 

From an angle it's' not the worst helmet ever, yet from a forward perspective...  Zoinks yo!! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 505thAirborne said:

From an angle it's' not the worst helmet ever, yet from a forward perspective...  Zoinks yo!! :lol:

yea...

 

Just now, no3Ljm said:

048.jpg

Because I didn't get it why his helmet is so wide. ^_^ 

so from the front Gamlin's is pretty bad... maybe those are self-contained life-support systems in the helmet?

 

 

I stand by my [admittedly assailable] assertion about the FB-2012 helmet though... It reminds me of a Polo Helmet:

s-l300.jpg *almost DYR:L? colours too!*

...and I don't like it.

Personal tastes...

Edited by slide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, slide said:

so from the front Gamlin's is pretty bad... maybe those are self-contained life-support systems in the helmet?

Or probably just big headlights. ;) 

 

But yeah, personal tastes I guess. ^_^

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Or probably just big headlights. ;) 

My inner Trekkie is desperate for a better explanation than 2x MagLites... but you're probably correct given the other evidence in the show :D

on a similar note: I've always wondered what the underbite on the FB2012 helmet is for? locking it into a wall rack for storage?;)

Edited by slide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My favourite design, but there's just something not right about it... hard to put my finger on it.  The proportions just seem a little "off" here and there and it all adds up to something that's close, but just doesn't "do it" for me.  It seems a little "awkward" to me - maybe bad camera lenses chosen in the photos.  I think the nose needs to be a little sleeker and the back end seems a bit too wide and not thick enough and the wings outside of the engine pylons seem to have too much surface area.  I think the Yamato/Acadia 1/60 seems closer to the lineart or feeling of the design.  I just wished Hasegawa did their interpretation of this beautiful bird!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

My favourite design, but there's just something not right about it... hard to put my finger on it.  The proportions just seem a little "off" here and there and it all adds up to something that's close, but just doesn't "do it" for me.  It seems a little "awkward" to me - maybe bad camera lenses chosen in the photos.  I think the nose needs to be a little sleeker and the back end seems a bit too wide and not thick enough and the wings outside of the engine pylons seem to have too much surface area.  I think the Yamato/Acadia 1/60 seems closer to the lineart or feeling of the design.  I just wished Hasegawa did their interpretation of this beautiful bird!

I see where you're at WM...

I think the general look issue could be much improved by lengthening the neck behind the canards by a mm or 2... that seems the biggest proportion issue to my eye.

I have 5 on pre-order so I have a spare to try it... but I'm reticent to cut up even a 'close' VF-4... anyone have any suggestions to go about a neck job?

I should also have a resin one around here somewhere... *scrooge Mcduck dive into kitstash*... not sure where it's at... I'll definitely be comparing the two once the Waves arrive.

if Hase ever kit the VF-4, I'll call these A models, and Hase's inevitably sleeker interpretation Gs or something.

Edited by slide
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Or probably just big headlights. ;) 

 

But yeah, personal tastes I guess. ^_^

 

They are eldar striking scorpion mandiblasters...

Edited by NZEOD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...