The Third Party Gundam Thread

23 minutes ago, Klee said:

Anyone know how to remove some of the yellowing on clear plastics in KO kits? I bought a "like new" MC 00 raiser from eBay and the clear parts to hold the weapons are very yellow. I read retrobrite worked but I'm not sure how the plastic will tolerate the h2o2.

probably should take a photo, it would be easier to see what part and how yellow you are talking about.

3 hours ago, Klee said:

Oops. Here are the parts.

9nVQDdw.jpeg

This will be similar to those headlights on cars getting yellowed .  

you can try to make a paste with baking soda and water and then rub it all over it to removed the yellow top layer..

can also try these:

baking soda tooth pasta.

blue magic aluminum polish compound   (or other polishing compound)

pretty much you are just removing the top yellow layer from the clear plastic

maybe try it on the small piece first . 

Edited by F360

2 hours ago, F360 said:

This will be similar to those headlights on cars getting yellowed .  

you can try to make a paste with baking soda and water and then rub it all over it to removed the yellow top layer..

can also try these:

baking soda tooth pasta.

blue magic aluminum polish compound   (or other polishing compound)

pretty much you are just removing the top yellow layer from the clear plastic

maybe try it on the small piece first . 

I'll give it a shot. Thanks 😀

Tried the baking soda mix didn’t remove the yellowing, the vinegar and paint thinner also didn’t work but I noticed the plastic is actually cracked right down the middle I may just leave it at this point. 

Has anyone seen the Zhongtian MB Exia R3 on GMC? Contemplating on picking it up but the base says “GONOnM EXIA” 🤨. Users on bilibili says it uses the MC mold.

https://youtu.be/FSGKCn1zK0c

Edited by Klee

• 3 weeks later...

I have to disagree here. I've had my for over a week now and I've had no problems what so ever. The paint is crisp, and all the joints are tight on my copy.

Is it the best figure out, no but for $130 I think it was awesome and worth it. With figures like this everyone  will have different experiences. I've seen people spend more and get a lot less. I say if your a fan of the strike you should check it out.

I got my first copy of the MC Model Gundam Wing Custom Snow Prelude.

Mine has a couple paint issues, the skirt looks like paint rubbed off from friction on the surface and one of the edges on the torso also suffered from paint rub.
I blame the poor packaging on these issues I have. Your mileage may vary. These can be fixed with a brush and some color matching.

As Indicated in the review video, the thigh portion of the knee pads aren't attached to the lower portion out of the box. Take care and slowly lift the sides of the pad to get the pegs seated to the lower part.(https://youtu.be/1Ugi-HJBZqQ?t=63) As seen at this timestamp in the video.
The "stand" adapter (connects to tain area of the suit) may not hold the figure securely. Lift the skirt up and tighten the screw used to assemble the lower torso. It is behind the left leg.

That is all I have to report about this figure so far, I am still trying to figure it out. I have another in the mail, maybe I will have better luck with the paint on the next one. I will upload some photos in a couple days.

Overall, I recommend it if you missed out on the official one. It is fiddly to handle but that comes with the territory of any winged figure with so much going on. Official or KO.

It does not come with instructions, refer to the reviews/overview videos out there to see how it all goes together.

5 hours ago, blitz said:

I got my first copy of the MC Model Gundam Wing Custom Snow Prelude.

Mine has a couple paint issues, the skirt looks like paint rubbed off from friction on the surface and one of the edges on the torso also suffered from paint rub.
I blame the poor packaging on these issues I have. Your mileage may vary. These can be fixed with a brush and some color matching.

As Indicated in the review video, the thigh portion of the knee pads aren't attached to the lower portion out of the box. Take care and slowly lift the sides of the pad to get the pegs seated to the lower part.(https://youtu.be/1Ugi-HJBZqQ?t=63) As seen at this timestamp in the video.
The "stand" adapter (connects to tain area of the suit) may not hold the figure securely. Lift the skirt up and tighten the screw used to assemble the lower torso. It is behind the left leg.

That is all I have to report about this figure so far, I am still trying to figure it out. I have another in the mail, maybe I will have better luck with the paint on the next one. I will upload some photos in a couple days.

Overall, I recommend it if you missed out on the official one. It is fiddly to handle but that comes with the territory of any winged figure with so much going on. Official or KO.

It does not come with instructions, refer to the reviews/overview videos out there to see how it all goes together.

im interested in this figure who did you order from and what was the cost?

7 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

I have to disagree here. I've had my for over a week now and I've had no problems what so ever. The paint is crisp, and all the joints are tight on my copy.

Is it the best figure out, no but for $130 I think it was awesome and worth it. With figures like this everyone  will have different experiences. I've seen people spend more and get a lot less. I say if your a fan of the strike you should check it out.

How can you disagree? Are you saying he is confused and his joints are actually tight and the paint apps are good?

You got a good copy. He got a bad copy. You can't claim it's a good figure. He can't clain it's a bad one. The only claim that can be made is their QC sucks and getting one is a lottery.

I think that’s the entire reason he disagrees. He got a good copy and the other guy got a bad sample. Although if there were more reviews one way or another, that would probably be something that would show a trend. With every release of a product, someone is likely to get a bad one. But if a lot of people get a bad one then that’s a bad product. Hopefully it was just the one bad one and everyone else has a good copy. I don’t know if these particular companies have good customer service regarding replacements or repairs

8 minutes ago, Big s said:

I think that’s the entire reason he disagrees. He got a good copy and the other guy got a bad sample. Although if there were more reviews one way or another, that would probably be something that would show a trend. With every release of a product, someone is likely to get a bad one. But if a lot of people get a bad one then that’s a bad product. Hopefully it was just the one bad one and everyone else has a good copy. I don’t know if these particular companies have good customer service regarding replacements or repairs

If someone says something and someone else has a response to it that starts with "I disagree" the responder is disagreeing with what the OP said. In this case he is saying "I don't agree that yours is loose and has paint app issues". He may have not meant it that way, but that is what he typed.

Yeah, I'm pedantic. ;)

We have three reviews now. Two bad.

Edited by sqidd

9 hours ago, Big s said:

Bad choices of words are common on threads like these. Some people are bad at grammar and others are in a rush or just tired. I find it’s best not to take things too literally 

Cool, you do you. I'll do me.:good:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Draft said:

Has anyone heard the update info of MC 1/100 Destiny Gundam Freedom color ver. and the Exia Dark matter?

On the item page at ShowZ, there's a comment posted by 'Alphahorizon'. Not sure if it's the same @Alphahorizon from this board. Mentioning that his order got cancelled and that the company got shut down. If Exia Dark Matter is also made by Metal Club, then it's probably has the same fate as Destiny Freedom.

https://showzstore.com/metal-club-zgmf-x10a-freedom-gundam-w-destiny-gundam-color-scheme_p1815.html

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

On the item page at ShowZ, there's a comment posted by 'Alphahorizon'. Not sure if it's the same @Alphahorizon from this board. Mentioning that his order got cancelled and that the company got shut down. If Exia Dark Matter is also made by Metal Club, then it's probably has the same fate as Destiny Freedom.

https://showzstore.com/metal-club-zgmf-x10a-freedom-gundam-w-destiny-gundam-color-scheme_p1815.html

I've heard of that before, too. But yesterday the local dealer here stated that they are re-issueing both of them again (I aint quite that familiar with the dealer, so I didnt ask him much).

Received the MC Model Snow White Prelude today and have to say that I am quite happy with it.  Aside from the tampo being less clear and a difference in the neck joint making the head sit closer to the body (pretty negligible), it is a very good copy and hard to tell it apart from the original.

Mine came with some loose (not floppy) joints that I was able to fix with Kiki.  I think, for the price compared to what the Bandai is going for these days, it is quite good.  The comment about it being 80-90% of the original is accurate.  I wish there was an original color version!

Some photos, sorry most of it is using my phone camera.

Spoiler

MC Model Snow White

DSCF1594.JPG.debb72afbbd6b2973907fd8111d0ecd8.JPG

Spoiler

Left - MC Model
Right - Bandai (Sorry it came out blurry)

PXL_20211107_001717164.jpg.64ec5ce62348d112f7b134a907c80cb5.jpg

Spoiler

MC Model neck joint

PXL_20211107_002214752.jpg.0cbc84fb75fd7184f09303bfda34ab54.jpg

Bandai neck joint

PXL_20211107_002229311.jpg.ab4cb1f7859c26ca2a9c4987437cf016.jpg

3 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

Received the MC Model Snow White Prelude today and have to say that I am quite happy with it.  Aside from the tampo being less clear and a difference in the neck joint making the head sit closer to the body (pretty negligible), it is a very good copy and hard to tell it apart from the original.

Mine came with some loose (not floppy) joints that I was able to fix with Kiki.  I think, for the price compared to what the Bandai is going for these days, it is quite good.  The comment about it being 80-90% of the original is accurate.  I wish there was an original color version!

Hide contents

MC Model Snow White

Hide contents

Left - MC Model

Hide contents

MC Model neck joint

Bandai neck joint

Glad you like it.

About the copy of original color ver., it was released prior to SW prelude about half a year(or more) by the company called Pegasus (飞马).

Some said it is MC, some said it is new company.

But from what I've heard, the quality ain't as good as the SW prelude.

Here's the link to order in Thailand.

https://shopee.co.th/-Pegasus(-飞马)-Metal-Build-1-100-XXXG-00W0-WING-ZERO-EW-i.315508385.8419615721

Don't know if they'll ship abroad or not.

On 11/4/2021 at 2:04 AM, no3Ljm said:

Yes indeed. If I recall it was way back it got cancelled. I believe when one of the companies that make the alternative version got shut down. There had been a good amount cancelled that day. Sad indeed. 

Edited by Alphahorizon

On 11/6/2021 at 9:01 PM, sumyumgoy said:

Reveal hidden contents

MC Model Snow White

Reveal hidden contents

Left - MC Model

Reveal hidden contents

MC Model neck joint

Bandai neck joint

@sumyumgoy

Where did you snag the MC version. Can't afford the original but would probably get this version. 

45 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

@sumyumgoy

Where did you snag the MC version. Can't afford the original but would probably get this version. 

hey man, I got it from Aliexpress.  There are two sellers that I can see.  I purchased mine from this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003237182471.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5ffe241eq7CoOg&algo_pvid=f8642adc-eda4-44cd-8634-2226fd9da6e8&algo_exp_id=f8642adc-eda4-44cd-8634-2226fd9da6e8-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000024790760131"}

The other one is (Seller has better feedback score):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003123340164.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5ffe241eq7CoOg&algo_pvid=f8642adc-eda4-44cd-8634-2226fd9da6e8&algo_exp_id=f8642adc-eda4-44cd-8634-2226fd9da6e8-1&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000024220818906"}

22 hours ago, Draft said:

Glad you like it.

About the copy of original color ver., it was released prior to SW prelude about half a year(or more) by the company called Pegasus (飞马).

Some said it is MC, some said it is new company.

But from what I've heard, the quality ain't as good as the SW prelude.

Here's the link to order in Thailand.

https://shopee.co.th/-Pegasus(-飞马)-Metal-Build-1-100-XXXG-00W0-WING-ZERO-EW-i.315508385.8419615721

Don't know if they'll ship abroad or not.

Thank you!  I will check it out.

1 hour ago, eggy99 said:

Some VERY interesting MOSHOW news coming 1PM JST today. I cannot share anything else until embargo lifts at 1PM JST.

Any hint? Is it Gundam-centric or totally different? Also, not sure why it cannot be shared? hehehe. :lol: 

12 hours ago, Numbninja said:

I really dig the quality and designs of there mechs...so I'm all in

If it is MoShow and not the knock off version McShow. I have the original 1/72 Strike with Sword and Blaster additions. Damn solid figure.

I was tempted to sell it in news if the others release, but VERY happy I didn't. After reading the reviews in ShowZ, that manufacturer seems like they were riding off the name of MoShow. Quit deceptively I would say. 

Edited by Alphahorizon