BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 12/15/2023 at 5:14 AM, seti88 said:

This next release of the 19 will not have the forearm cannon attachment.

That's disappointing. I already have 3 copies of the full set. There is no additional incentive to get this. 

On 12/15/2023 at 11:28 AM, borgified said:

@davidwhangchoi - Most likely that Bandai has heard or read that collectors (or Karens) that complained about the pricing of the Full Set 19 upon official release and that they want it a affordable price. Years later for the re-release, Bandai has stripped everything down for a bare bones DX 19 this year.

Bandai: "We heard that you guys wanted the DX YF-19 at an affordable price point and here you go. A no frills stripped down version at the price of the DX Full Set from 2019." :diablo:  

i don't feel like it's affordable with all the prices raising inflation that happened over the pandemic.  i think the full set was within relative range of this. 

https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-yf-19-full-set-pack-bann55061

i got my 3x copies from HLJ and i think during the pre-order window it was cheaper than that price

edit: i just checked my receipt and it was 25000yen at hlj and only order one copy there since there was a limit. I got 2 other copies from other vendors, amiami and one other location.

9 hours ago, MKT said:

Watch Bandai spin the 'super parts' into being the barrier punch effect parts lol..

Not sure what it means by the 'crotch block' but if it is the red circled part, I don't recall there were any problems on that area in the previous release.. 

Agree with MKT, i don't recall that either.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The only way this release of the YF-19 is cheaper is if you get it from Japan, and take advantage of the exchange rate.  

Ordering the new version from a domestic retailer?  I don't know if it's fluctuated, but the last time I looked, the new version without weapons was more expensive than I paid for the full set.

Edited by Chronocidal

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

as for the effects...

https://x.com/simsim5479/status/1735870890284556432?s=20 

GBcNV7xbwAA4cCq.jpg.ad417222a2956bb5956f7f22b912b1c1.jpg

cant remember....did the 19 fullset also have blacklight capable effects?

new release making me think abt picking it up..

Wow the eggs come with radiation :crazy: 

I wonder if there's a way to attach it to the Arcadia SDF-1 PF ARMD, and do ARMD punch in blacklight lol

They've been selling on YJ for 28000-30000 yen, and with the current exchange rate comes out to about $215, then add in intra-japan shipping for $10 and international for $30ish and you are looking at $250ish to your door

Amazon US was $208, but now $218 with free shipping, but you'll need to add in sales tax, and a March delivery date

So as of today its pretty much the same in price, but on YJ you can get it in a couple weeks vs waiting
Not sure why the releases for the US are always a few months behind, but they are consistent in this process. I'd love to see a simultaneous event in the future. 

1 hour ago, treatment said:

latest DX YF-19v2 report from Ox...

https://twitter.com/XXXG00YSW/status/1736251428107411651

web-translated snapshot:

image.png.a1677818c8c77738cf931c93bdb56ce1.png

he's got more pics and stuff on his main tweet-page.

Ok, the hilarious part?  That's what the tails looked like on the VF-19 Advance.  They put it back the way it was the first time. :rolleyes: 

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Not sure why the releases for the US are always a few months behind, but they are consistent in this process. I'd love to see a simultaneous event in the future. 

My best guess is that Bandai puts the ones for the US market on a boat right around the same time that it does the domestic release in Japan, likely because they just got their hands on the toys themselves. The multi-month delay between releases is consistent with the time it takes for a shipping container to get here (2-3 months). To do a simultaneous release, they'd either have to delay the domestic release 2-3 months or expedite the shipping to the US. Given how much we're already getting gouged on WWM prices, I'm not sure I want to know what Bandai would charge us in this scenario....

17 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

That's disappointing. I already have 3 copies of the full set. There is no additional incentive to get this. 

what the heck did i just do...i pulled the trigger for one!8P 

uhh 3 FS +1 non-FS 19's now...the most i ever had for 1 single valk....

10 hours ago, MKT said:

Wow the eggs come with radiation :crazy: 

I wonder if there's a way to attach it to the Arcadia SDF-1 PF ARMD, and do ARMD punch in blacklight lol

i must admit the blacklight sort of sold it for me....😂 that and the un-notched tailfin, which heh i guess is more stable...

Am gonna have the new release in fighter mode...so that the tailfins dont bother me, and then pass the new punch effects to ye old YF-19😂

man its been a long long time since i encountered an OCD breakdown....:crazy::help::vava:

please excuse me while i massage my wallet....:vava:

Edited by seti88

Woah won the lottery on hobby search for this. Must have very little applicants for me to win it. Now to decide to proceed or not. Already have an unopened full set pack. Only worry for that is a potential broken antenna. Was an extra antenna provided in the full set pack?

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

i must admit the blacklight sort of sold it for me....😂 that and the un-notched tailfin, which heh i guess is more stable...

Am gonna have the new release in fighter mode...so that the tailfins dont bother me, and then pass the new punch effects to ye old YF-19😂

man its been a long long time since i encountered an OCD breakdown....:crazy::help::vava:

I sold my duplicates of VF-19 Advance & YF-19 FS, but seeing the buzz & videos of this release makes me want to pick up this release lol..

Coincidentally, I was trawling through early pages of Arcadia's YF-19 tread, and all the excitement & chatter back 10 years ago make me realize how Arcadia was such a trailblazer on YF-19's design, and how much of it was carried over to the DX VF-19 Advance and now the DX YF-19. Of particular historical interest is the implementation of the high-speed mode wings, and although may not lock properly on some copies (I personally have no issues on both my Arcadia & DX), the solution deployed was pretty innovative and somewhat outside of anyone's best guesstimate at that time.   

7 hours ago, borgified said:

Oh come on!!
I want to see how this Egg Yolk DX v.2 19 is packaged properly, not the dissected version of the clamshell opened up in this video and how are the tolerances for this re-release. 

GBfmfWGb0AA7zmb.jpg.40b59324027c434c1190e7879260b95d.jpg

Not much changes to the blister packaging? No reported cases of damaged head lasers for the latest releases but its early days...

i think this new release being only 2 layers of blisters reduced pressure and avoided untoward incidents to the head laser...

above pic seen from 

5 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Woah won the lottery on hobby search for this. Must have very little applicants for me to win it. Now to decide to proceed or not. Already have an unopened full set pack. Only worry for that is a potential broken antenna. Was an extra antenna provided in the full set pack?

Congratz! Well ur lottery would be the cheapest MSRP...at this point in time the new 19 release is clearly averaging abv 28000k yen...

The FS pack had no extra antenna...

4 hours ago, MKT said:

I sold my duplicates of VF-19 Advance & YF-19 FS, but seeing the buzz & videos of this release makes me want to pick up this release lol..

Coincidentally, I was trawling through early pages of Arcadia's YF-19 tread, and all the excitement & chatter back 10 years ago make me realize how Arcadia was such a trailblazer on YF-19's design, and how much of it was carried over to the DX VF-19 Advance and now the DX YF-19. Of particular historical interest is the implementation of the high-speed mode wings, and although may not lock properly on some copies (I personally have no issues on both my Arcadia & DX), the solution deployed was pretty innovative and somewhat outside of anyone's best guesstimate at that time.   

Iteration on iteration, perfection in motion...:good:

Edited by seti88

7 hours ago, eXis10z said:

I'm waiting for someone to cancel their lottery T_T

I shouldn't have gambled and just picked up the last one hobby-genki had

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I should elaborate that I was gambling for lowest cost. and that is after exchange rates, shipping, and import fees. not being in burgerland makes amazon not such a reasonable deal lol

At this point, if I don't manage to get it from hobby search, it's probably most affordable for me to go with mandarake, or just wait some months and hope for a chance to nab the one odd units some of my local hobby stores may stock up with lol

12 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

I should elaborate that I was gambling for lowest cost. and that is after exchange rates, shipping, and import fees. not being in burgerland makes amazon not such a reasonable deal lol

At this point, if I don't manage to get it from hobby search, it's probably most affordable for me to go with mandarake, or just wait some months and hope for a chance to nab the one odd units some of my local hobby stores may stock up with lol

People with Amazon rewards can get it for even cheaper.  If I were to buy this from Amazon it would cost $170 shipped after using rewards.  I'm not interested in it though as I have a spare DX YF-19 Full Set.

On 12/17/2023 at 12:34 AM, Chronocidal said:

Ordering the new version from a domestic retailer?  I don't know if it's fluctuated, but the last time I looked, the new version without weapons was more expensive than I paid for the full set.

Curiosity struck me and I had to look at the numbers:

image.png.13483c06fe545478c0ebce3db0222b48.png

Maybe wage growth and spending power was better in 2018 than it is today, which of course would factor into the perceived notion that things were cheaper back then. But honestly the reality for many outside of Japan was aggravating Bandai pre-order hassle and scarcity, which meant you would be paying way more than the advertised MSRP anyway – and that was not even considering the additional country duty and shipping costs.

It might not have all the parts, but from my perspective this is welcome reissue for those that might not even have a YF-19 yet or those that want another copy. Give it till late spring or summer and domestic sale price will probably dip below the 200 mark for it.

As for the dislikes for regarding the amount of tampo and the new PPBP effect parts – I seem to be on the other side of the fence. The more tampos the better, don't skimp on it like Arcadia only to charge an additional hundred for a questionable amount more of tampos. And the new effect parts are arguably more accurate compared to the green Hadouken we got with the previous iteration. The only thing that is not to like about them is that they still require a special adapter instead of just slotting it over the hand - it's pin-point barrier PUNCH not pin-point barrier ball-joint.

Fair, and thanks for the raw number breakdown.  ^_^   I wasn't really accounting for inflation, just the raw impression that the cost of the new set at some international retailers was more than the original release.  It varies pretty wildly between vendors, and local taxes definitely have an impact.

Far as the tampo is concerned though, I really don't mind the vast majority of it.  Sure, Bandai is infamous for inventing nonsense markings to inflate the amount, but unless you actually get a magnifying glass, you're not going to know it.

The problem I have isn't the amount so much that they chose to put ugly markings on it, and it's really limited to the giant billboard-style wing marking on the right wing.  It's gaudy, asymmetrical, and just a fundamental aesthetic mismatch with the rest of the markings.  The wings don't even match with each other, let alone the existing black stripes on the wings, and the stupid cockeyed half-overlap on the right wing just makes me do this kind of thing:

gc0ffx.gif

It would have been mostly fine if they had made it line up with the black like the other wing, or just use he same font, but it's like they purposefully made those wing markings as dissimilar as possible.

Another Macross collector member in Taiwan has got his copy of the Egg Yolk 19 and he reports that this version has better tolerances than compared to the previous DX 19 from the the Full Set release. 

Can the members here that have this Egg Yolk 19 already in hand either confirm or report that it still has issues?   

On 12/17/2023 at 7:24 AM, seti88 said:

Congrats seti for adding to your yf-19 fleet. I used to have 6 of the advance so i know the feeling you have^_^ 

i ended up selling off 4 bc ran out of room. 

I would've jumped on this is i didn't have the full sets. 

I may get in on the 21 since its a new one. but prob will wait till the review are out.  

This is a solidly engineered Valkyrie. The main problems the FSP version had was a broken head laser and a vertical fin that wanted to fall off. The 19 Advance that came before I don’t recall any real faults. Go ahead and transform it. Watch Jenius’ videos about it first though.